What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Night has fallen on Minmus...

While Madra Kerman visited the local taverns, she found out that local legend has it that the Kraken can silently slip down the slopes of the mountains at night and eat any landers too close to the edges of the flats. Madra hopes that 500 meters is far enough...

Sleeping will be difficult tonight.

As you can see, I plopped a lander on Minmus to farm money as contracts for 'get science from Minmus' flow in. 

The tourists on board didn't read the fine print that says "This vacation is not bound by any time constraints. The Space Program can bring you back whenever it chooses. No refunds."

Welcome to page 1357 ^_^

9 minutes ago, Angezerus said:

Found the South Pole and a funny glitch...

Yep, been there.

3BvAGGC.png

Same thing, like a compas. :confused:

Edited by Triop

(5/23/17) New Unmanned Fuel Transport System with Orbital Docking Maneuvers 

The KSCN Minos (KF-300) successfully launched into orbit! This unmanned vehicle features four primary engines and four 5-way RCS thrusters on the main body which is designed to dock using the larger 7.5m ports with either a High-Capacity LFO/MP Fuel Pod and a higher thrust Main Engine Pod.

R1KvWFi.png

When docked together, all three components boast a total fuel capacity of 49K LF / 61K Ox plus 27K MP. Additional Fuel Pods can be docked to create a much larger (although less maneuverable) craft with even greater capacity.

Cum6qtA.png

The Minos with solar panels extended and docking hatches open. It has four shielded ventral ports (Size 1) and a retractable main forward port (Size 2 "Senior") as well as four additional Size 1 and Size 2 ports on the Fuel pod.

R5P4FJc.png

The Minos (left) completes docking maneuvers and fuel drainage with the last remaining KRS Fuel Depot (center, a re-purposed launch stage ). Alongside is the KSCN Centurion (KT-501, right) that carries the maintenance crew for the temporary depot.

Edited by scottadges

Been busy. But, today my Duna Rover made it to Duna's Surface:

C8DBDBDF95DE501E5FFAF21E85E2148AF9F6847B

567438160BE37C3BFC3E06372893109BB379873A

891105563A4A80FDC75C4B4D93BC0082FD942825

Did have to use the heeatshield as a crumple zone. And I did have to right the rover by spining it. What saved it was the fact I had to land flat to the ground so the wheels all took the same amount of force when the crmple zone crumpled. Otherwise which ever side it landed on lost legs. But, I would have used the bigger chutes if I had know it was going to such smooth sailings down.

Did some testing of my LM replica. Separation from the S-IVB is a bit iffy due to clipping of invisible fairing collision meshes, but at least there aren't any explosions.

2017-05-23%2018-30-29.png

I also figured out the issue on the descent stage ∆v. I had the ratio of Lf:Ox backwards. With a minor edit it has 700m/s now.

2017-05-23%2018-40-10.png

Apparently all the legs don't immediately dock, so I might make some slight tweaks to their struts.

Also did some messing around with trying to get a kerbal to the monolith as fast as possible. The kraken ate me.

2017-05-23%2021-21-34.png

Today the Tomcats flew :cool: (commemoration to my first post in the forums which was a tomcat replica, and 12 days after the anniversary of the release of Top Gun :D, and also I'm about to reach 100 points yey!)

dvnFYcq.png

Re3zztF.png

Edited by TheDARKOMETER

10 hours ago, EpicSpaceTroll139 said:

Did some testing of my LM replica. Separation from the S-IVB is a bit iffy due to clipping of invisible fairing collision meshes, but at least there aren't any explosions.

2017-05-23%2018-40-10.png

Apparently all the legs don't immediately dock, so I might make some slight tweaks to their struts.

Also did some messing around with trying to get a kerbal to the monolith as fast as possible. The kraken ate me.

That a pretty nice looking lander.  It almost makes me feel the need to redesign my latest LEM. Very nicely done.

Told myself I was going to build a tiny stock interplanetary relay and instead started a massive USI/B9 colony ship monstrosity.

Not sure how I got from one to the other, but this morning woke up thinking "Need to add antennae...oh, wait, my relays!"

-Jn-

2 hours ago, loch.ness said:

That a pretty nice looking lander.  It almost makes me feel the need to redesign my latest LEM. Very nicely done.

Thanks!

It does however come at the price of having nearly 300 parts in the lander alone. Not exactly great for performance when put together with the rest of the vehicle. I need to work on that... I think the ascent stage has some places where part count can be reduced.

Unrelated:

Only in KSP can you escape the Sun by climbing a ladder for 10 minutes.

2017-05-24%2011-04-37.png

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139

Quite a lot of things actually :D Build a space station almost entirely:

Launching the core module

WhJeOQ6.jpg

jkW8fm8.jpg

Then it's time for the power module/solar arrays!

QOUcFzq.jpg

1SdaadV.jpg

LTtlqzp.jpg

QgbugmW.jpg

So... Why do you want a space station if you can't dock with it?

vs2pVBa.jpg

lnB3jEO.jpg

And the big thing, a 5m wide full fuel tank for refuelling purposes

mTLw4fn.jpg

VAC3NNY.jpg

hQCIOJf.png

fnsUM1s.jpg

And that's it for the station today! I'll use it to dock a future Urlum<Wal mission from the OPM that I have planned, the window comes in about 80 days so I have time to plan a few extra survey missions and dock 'em all with the station :sticktongue:

Finally I launched my own ''Hubble''

GvHrMos.jpg

Today Jebediah went to Hell Thalia........and nearly didn't come back. He almost got killed by...

The life support system.

I poop you not.

R2ubR96.jpg

The LFO supply is entirely for RCS. The engines here need ElectricCharge...

tKy0SCP.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Notice something?

It rotates!!!

After stumbling over Squiddy's tutorial on youtube ( @Squiddy Are you the same person? :D ) and being a bit grumpy about how dumb my artificial gravity section of my ship lately looked, I tried rebuilding his stock rotator and putting it in a very simple space station (which I then alt-12'ed into orbit).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrVKFKRDFm8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPkNXkH_0_0

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Today Jebediah went to Hell Thalia........and nearly didn't come back. He almost got killed by...

The life support system.

I poop you not.

R2ubR96.jpg

tKy0SCP.jpg

Woah! Woah! Multiple questions!

1. what makes the resource bar look so amazing?

2. What mods, in general? Looks incredible!

Been working on downloading and finalizing 4 separate KSP saves. All vastly different from each other. These look amazing!

Rss KSP

Yp5hjJA.png

3.2x Galileo System

7jq3ZJj.png

Gameslinx's Planet Pack

YFB9pQC.png

Stock Kerbin System

NHG7rvF.png

I have never been so amazed at a game's graphics like I am with KSP! These look incredible!

30 minutes ago, Kosmonaut said:

That is a beautiful aircraft

Thanks, glad you like it.

I grew up near a airforce base having NF-5 jets (Gilze rijen, Netherlands)

I always wanted to create one in KSP and I'm getting close.

It's not the final version but when it's done to my satisfaction it will be up on KerbalX.

scEA0Gc.png

Edited by Triop