What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

4 hours ago, Triop said:

Made a jet, not a replica, but it somehow looks familiar...Does it looks like an existing jet ?

oMGmDwT.png

NjhKJ4u.png

The front half looks an awful lot like a Harrier to me...

2.jpg

Edited by Norcalplanner
Added picture for reference

8 minutes ago, Norcalplanner said:

The front half looks an awful lot like a Harrier to me...

2.jpg

Indeed it does, great, now I have to go and build one, and I hate VTOLs, cause I'm not good at it, using way to much comma's in this sentence, again. ^_^

YES!!!

All weekend I have been trying to optimize the transfer of liquid fuel and oxidizer from my Minmus surface miners to my space station.

I used less than 12% of my Rockomax X200-16 Fuel Tank to get to the space station, dock, and land. I was able to transfer over 80% of my fuel (I was a bit worried about the return trip, and left some reserve.). I started out the weekend at about 25%. I know now I can do better than the 12% used for the trip, but I actually now have the fuel I need now to go to Duna.

I suppose the idea is to mine an asteroid, and avoid the cost to lifting fuel off off the gravity intensive Minmus - but for now - I think I will plan my trip to Duna.

I didn't do anything today of signifigance. Flew a K-22 out to the KSC2 for a combat mission, and as I type it's on the return trip. However, (This is a tad off-topic) I GAVE A GIRL MY NUMBER AT A SWIM PARK!!! *Fist pump*

Sitting here trying to weed out all the non-RO and non-RP0 parts from my Realism Overhaul game. I wish there was some kind of in-game tool that could be used to delete parts from the game, or at put some kind of marker on the part file so I could just mark everything that doesn't work, and then delete it out of gamedata. Wow that was a long sentence. :P Currently not sure what to do about many life support resource converters not being supported. Kind of need those to keep my Kerbals alive. 

kHIe1Vd.jpg

It would be really convenient if all the parts said which mod they were from... Might have to resort to cutting out all the part mods and reinstalling them one-by-one. :/

Might end up just giving up on this until RO is CKAN viable again. Ah well.

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139

So the idea was to redesign the front and rear to reduce part count.

I failed ... miserably. The new version has 1143 parts, the old one 1164. Even removing the rich Corinthian leather upholstery from the trunk didn't help much.

But I like the result anyway.

The only parts non stock you see are the wheels, I modified them.

These cars are part of my Crash Test Simulator program.

Hi folks

A few weeks ago I posted my new LKO transfer station here. This one:

7FfwEEr.png

I really liked the design and it was a pleasure to play with. Sadly it got struck by the docking-ports-lock-up-bug, so I couldn´t undock any crafts anymore. I´ve been sore for a little while now, but last weekend I decided to deal with the problem. I could have gone through the persistant file and look for all the disabled docking ports (and I will eventually), but I thought it was more fun to just build a new station.

The first one blew up. So I built a second one which also blew up. The third one burned up on launch, fell down and sank into a swamp, but the fourth one stayed up!

And here it is. Stargazer Station which went into service this evening. :) 

6133XCS.png

Have fun with whatever you´re doing. I´ve got to hit the hay now. CU

2 hours ago, EpicSpaceTroll139 said:

Sitting here trying to weed out all the non-RO and non-RP0 parts from my Realism Overhaul game. I wish there was some kind of in-game tool that could be used to delete parts from the game, or at put some kind of marker on the part file so I could just mark everything that doesn't work, and then delete it out of gamedata. Wow that was a long sentence. :P Currently not sure what to do about many life support resource converters not being supported. Kind of need those to keep my Kerbals alive.

Janitors closet mod....

RO is working great all CKAN until 1.3 versions of mods marked as ok for 1.3 or less when the are not ok for 1.2.2.   So far firespitter has been the only one i've had to rollback.

Apollp Missions four of them.  14 was my normal Saturn VI

15 was an orbital only, one man lab system.

dsZSaPe.png

cuqJzlc.png

Apollo 16 & 17 was a boosted lander, my new system uses the Interim Cryogenic Propulsion Stage as a return system and the larger long range version as a pusher. arrived at the moon and circularized with a full tank in the ICPS.  This is mars dV without a lander.  Running out of science at the moon. 

dvEErgp.png

laMsFC0.png

Returning home

Bzp3Hwd.png

ewFwV9z.png

Edited by Bornholio

Had a busy Memorial Day weekend with family, and I wasn't really able to keep up too much with you guys.

The highlights:

Put Kerbals on Iota and Ceti

Uexa1Td.png

LjnVekq.png

Discovered a love for IVA docking (at least using some docking mod because I'm not that crazy)

7WxwH8m.png

Put Pioneer into orbit of Tellumo

swqiNvO.png

Landed Tellukhod 1 on Tellumo

FEe4EFM.png

And, despite intending to put the Tellukhod 1 transfer stage into some sort of orbit of Tellumo to act as a relay, well...

I forgot to put a reaction wheel on the transfer stage. Antenna, check, solar panels, check, engines, check, any way to steer the thing... not check (not even engine gimbal). It's currently going out into heliocentric orbit thanks to being able to kinda-sorta steer in one axis by throttling the two outboard engines.

I am, at the very least, happy I managed to hack together a kOS script to handle the descent: primarily, collecting temperature/pressure in low atmosphere, locking steering to surface retrograde, and a (not successful) attempt to stage off the heatshield after velocity dropped below 20 m/sec. I'll need to find a better Tellumo entry window, because aiming for 25 km periapsis, I hit 30.6 Gs of peak deeceleration.

Edited by Starman4308

Tragic news, my friends. I've been reluctant to post, since it pains me to talk about this and I didn't wanna relive it. But, here goes:

Not three hours after downloading the 1.3 update and enjoying the new visuals, my MSI GT72 Dominator Pro completely crapped out. Top of the line when I bought it, a year and a half later the love affair is going strong. With a 980m, i7 6700, 24gb RAM, 1.25tb ssd (I upgraded), the thing is still awesome (it cost more than my car). And now? Nothing. It will not charge anymore (for weeks I've been wiggling the cord to make it charge). I can't even turn it on to retrieve my saves or any other info (my hatred of one-drive and any other cloud-based crap comes back to haunt me).

I had a brief moment of respite when MSI informed me my warranty would be honored and all repairs would be free of charge (fantastic company, fantastic products, by the way). However, I was then informed I would have to ship it to California and wait 10 to 30 working days for it to be returned. This was a crushing blow. It left me completely inconsolable and it's taken me a couple of days to recover.

I've been spoiled for so long (I immediately set everything to "ultra" on every game and never worry about it) that it's difficult to go back. I'm using an HP (which I despise) that was a piece of crap 5 years ago and is much worse now. I downloaded KSP and it looked horrible. I just can't do it. I won't defile myself and my favorite game with such filth. I will make do with what, for years (pre-KSP), were my two favorite games; Civilization IV and Medieval 2. They'll do for now, and I'll stalk the forum for my Kerbal fix. But I'm a hardcore addict. Not sure if I'll make it.

So pray for me, friends. And pray for a safe, speedy return of my beloved machine.

In closing; what did I do in KSP today?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. ;.;

P.S. Please pardon me for crying about first-world problems. I saved for months for that machine, and I love it dearly. We've never been apart. I'm in pain.

I worked on what was more or less a replica of a Colonial Viper from BSG. It performs quite well in space with 5km/s of Delta-V and high thrust, but the thrust is offset, which means that bursts of RCS are needed.

7BP54en.png

It doesn't exactly fly as much as thrust through the atmosphere, achieving a good 1500 m/s and pretty high acceleration. By thrusting through the atmosphere, I also mean that it flies really badly. It has to get to the end of the runway to take off, but it can't do so at full throttle because then it crashes into the runway... When I try to turn it by any considerable amount, it instantly flips out.

m7FNtxt.png

Edited by SaturnianBlue

1 hour ago, Cpt Kerbalkrunch said:

Tragic news, my friends. I've been reluctant to post, since it pains me to talk about this and I didn't wanna relive it. But, here goes:

Not three hours after downloading the 1.3 update and enjoying the new visuals, my MSI GT72 Dominator Pro completely crapped out. Top of the line when I bought it, a year and a half later the love affair is going strong. With a 980m, i7 6700, 24gb RAM, 1.25tb ssd (I upgraded), the thing is still awesome (it cost more than my car). And now? Nothing. It will not charge anymore (for weeks I've been wiggling the cord to make it charge). I can't even turn it on to retrieve my saves or any other info (my hatred of one-drive and any other cloud-based crap comes back to haunt me).

I had a brief moment of respite when MSI informed me my warranty would be honored and all repairs would be free of charge (fantastic company, fantastic products, by the way). However, I was then informed I would have to ship it to California and wait 10 to 30 working days for it to be returned. This was a crushing blow. It left me completely inconsolable and it's taken me a couple of days to recover.

I've been spoiled for so long (I immediately set everything to "ultra" on every game and never worry about it) that it's difficult to go back. I'm using an HP (which I despise) that was a piece of crap 5 years ago and is much worse now. I downloaded KSP and it looked horrible. I just can't do it. I won't defile myself and my favorite game with such filth. I will make do with what, for years (pre-KSP), were my two favorite games; Civilization IV and Medieval 2. They'll do for now, and I'll stalk the forum for my Kerbal fix. But I'm a hardcore addict. Not sure if I'll make it.

So pray for me, friends. And pray for a safe, speedy return of my beloved machine.

In closing; what did I do in KSP today?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. ;.;

P.S. Please pardon me for crying about first-world problems. I saved for months for that machine, and I love it dearly. We've never been apart. I'm in pain.

I feel sorry for you. That sounds like an awesome piece of hardware to lose. Hope it gets back within 10 working days and not the 30.

11 hours ago, Triop said:

Made a jet, not a replica, but it somehow looks familiar...Does it looks like an existing jet ?

NjhKJ4u.png

Personally the wings, horizontal and vertical stabilizers firstly made me think to the one of the Su-15TM :

1_1_b1.png

But you these of course, the rest different.

Edited by XB-70A

11 minutes ago, XB-70A said:

Personally the wings, horizontal and vertical stabilizers firstly made me think to the one of the Su-15TM :

But you these of course, the rest different.

LOL ! I actualy made Su-15 last week:

wwAz81L.png

Edited by Triop

My Realism Overhaul install is finally complete, i dropped some mods to make it suited for my liking. But i got RO/RSS/RP-0/RSSVE and i think its all i can get. Maybe some part mods but it is finished! Stay tuned for some stuff!

7 hours ago, EpicSpaceTroll139 said:

kHIe1Vd.jpg

It would be really convenient if all the parts said which mod they were from... Might have to resort to cutting out all the part mods and reinstalling them one-by-one. :/

I can't help with the life support issue but for the parts list I can 

the old maxim "there's a mod for that"

Probably should change that to "if there's a problem @linuxgurugamerhas probably made a mod for it!!"

I'm a part pack hoarder so this is in every single save just to cut out the duplicates/parts I never use

The NOX Crown SSTO got dusted off and refitted in order to perform a delivery in the GPGT save. It's fitted with some life support and tasked to deliver LFO to a prior launched delivery plane, the KIS Deliverance bound for Niven. On rendezvous an engineer takes a spacewalk and inspects the containers, ensuring that everything was there.

A veteran pilot and two engineers occupy its cockpit and experience this mission first hand... In hindsight, maybe the Crown should have been refit to do the Niven mission itself.

zDFmXL0.jpg

kIR63NT.jpg 0rhCQT5.jpg cSxkF9g.jpg

Spoiler

The KIS Deliverance... May need a more appropriate name like Kraken Eagle. It's not the first of my spaceplanes that can set portions of the atmosphere on fire... But it is the first where having something on it explode (droptanks) is part of normal operation.

70MHRks.jpg

jYgH6wV.jpg 9g5ooeK.jpg hTEz0ks.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

7 hours ago, KerrMü said:

Hi folks

A few weeks ago I posted my new LKO transfer station here. This one:

7FfwEEr.png

I really liked the design and it was a pleasure to play with. Sadly it got struck by the docking-ports-lock-up-bug, so I couldn´t undock any crafts anymore. I´ve been sore for a little while now, but last weekend I decided to deal with the problem. I could have gone through the persistant file and look for all the disabled docking ports (and I will eventually), but I thought it was more fun to just build a new station.

The first one blew up. So I built a second one which also blew up. The third one burned up on launch, fell down and sank into a swamp, but the fourth one stayed up!

And here it is. Stargazer Station which went into service this evening. :) 

6133XCS.png

Have fun with whatever you´re doing. I´ve got to hit the hay now. CU

Masterwork