What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Took the Nomad Mk IV on a little jaunt around the Mun...

75CBF8C2E1392C7F1445D9BC4D242ACB34D43947

Kraken says "NOPE!":

0A3DA520168093D1692BE74443CCBA15110ADAF3

The Nomad flies exceptionally well for such a massive ship, but...time acceleration is a marching band on Arrakis.

Safety improvements helped out somewhat...still no real life support on the wreckage of the command module, but my cryo unit came with me...which is good, because someone added lots of monoprop and no RCS!

*Sigh*

I blame Engineering. They were all hung over from the Nomad Mk III Rescue Party.

-Jn-

Thanks to the awesome Janitor's Closet mod I've finally gotten rid of most of the Non-RO and Non-RP0 parts in my Realism Overhaul game. Currently trying to decide whether to get rid of duplicate parts (They seem to exist for about half of my engines, and a few of my cockpits. And they have exactly the same names and stats, and a lot of the time, same descriptions. Is this a bug?), and if so, which ones to get rid of.9DyMt6j.jpg

I apparently didn't take screenshots, and I don't feel like loading the game just to get them, but I've made a fair few launchers. Redstone, Atlas, Titan I, II, and III, Saturn V, SLS, and Ares I. I've also made a couple launchers of my own. I've found the M-55 Minuteman first stage rockets to work nice for boosters. They provide nice thrust and control in a fairly compact package.

Back in stock KSP, I have 2 grand tour missions in the works.

The closest to being launched and completed is an ultralightweight-ship exploit-based tour.

The second closest to being launched is something I've shown earlier, with the many hours of ion engine burn time, and a single kerbal.

Something else I've been working on:

mhwFB6C.jpg

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139

My game tried to update to 1.3 this morning. Shame on you, GPP isn't ready yet! (Nor are a few other mods I consider "core" to my game)

After getting that squared away, I sent up a tourist, brought 4 down from visiting my Eklutna 2 station (after replacing their destroyed parachutes), and started planning for a tourist trip to Iota that may or may not be scouting for a base location :wink:

Edited by kraden

Sent my nuclear Jool mothership to Pol after only just surviving a landing on Laythe. Was meant to visit Bop as well, but due to not being good enough at KSP and not having enough enriched uranium went straight to Pol and conducted some more extensive studies. Looks like a good candidate for a base.

Entering Laythe

FzOvjJB.png

Landed!

cEFC5m3.png

Got myself a new wallpaper

l46FcVr.png

VZ3n9Bt.png

Forgot to take pics of the lander while landed; left some surface experiments behind

gVABCqA.png

Back to the mothership

AWmRhmi.png

Edited by Hoddd9000
Apparently spoilers don't work anymore.

in order to launch large ships for exploration of the outer kerbol system i deveoped the Insane Launch Vehicle or ILV 

it is powered be 36 vector engines and 8 SRBs

truth be told i thought it would go of like a medium sized nuke right on the launch pad but it went suprisingly well

74D0398351F8FE9D9F16F08C2BD24BF81A9076AB

ignition! (first "yay it didnt explode!" moment)

F8EDF26303E8E12BA5E9F50A6B821DD507F2FB0F

after seting 85km apoapsis main engine cutoff and coasting to space

3813DD23385D9CBD56CC48B61BC2FE561E4E1748

circularisation burn and booster separation

E0A2EF215268AC32975AFD1B51D3044D7D49A6E7

242101C76C2FCFC5C8EDC5C0DBF10B88589E00CF

final flight result: SWEET BABY JESUS IT ACTUALLY WORKED! :o

My Last production Saturn on the pad.  Hopefully everything else is a Hydrolox/Booster config. Since my missions from here on out should include re-fueling and nukes.

Saturn VIII, F1A's F1B's on Boosters,

T48r1J9.png

GPS3SS2.png

gsIA7z4.png

h9W7Bva.png

3xSSME second stage, 4xHydrolox Vacuum engines Third Stage, tiny pop to final 310km orbit and circ. 

Third Stage does TVI Venusian Injection burn, dropping PE to 220km during the 24 minute burn.

6todoo2.png

Finished circ at Venus now in scanning mode in a year (or one venusian day more accurately) it will deploy its last fuel to bump up to 5k+ orbit to get the last science it can.

TKFKOxd.png

o4OcDST.png

Emergency Abort craft ready for manned venus missions fully fueled and waiting with deployable comsat.

mz8pEvl.png

qaTHEND.png

Today the Leto Mission arrived at the finish line. The mother ship must do a braking maneuver for 3810m/s to get an orbit. Now I have just 536m/s dV left - not particularly much.

6DrlvUt.jpg

Now I release the two relays out. The connection to the KSC is miserable, I often lose it. I just managed to position the two relays, a few days later nothing works anymore. Maybe I'll never get more contact and I've got 2 dead sattelites out there forever.

R0R3KwX.jpg

The problems are endless. The mothership now has not enough dV to land itself, so I fill the rest of the fuel into the lander, which now has 796 m/s dV - that should be enough. Biome I could not even mark any, I wanted to actually use the Relays. But without radio connection ... That is why I want to bring fuel to the mother ship, the antennas are stronger. For this I would like to mount the Narrow Band Scanner to the lander, usually I take my claw for this. The lack of radio connection does prevent that and I have to undock it and let him drift. Then I can catch him somehow with the lander. Unfortunately he is not very useful to me, because I have no KerbNet access ... I will probably have to land on good luck and hope on some ore.

Ydi7O6c.jpg

I have luck and get a point with ore on the first try. I had not much fuel reserves, but now I can fill up. At the same time, I do the first scientific research.

hO6bvDu.jpg

Then I dock again on the mothership. Unfortunately, I have to dock in front, since this damn Narrow Band scanner at the other end of the lander occupies the docking port. To land the mothership, however, the lander must be at the rear end of the Mothership. I have to rebuild it somehow but I can not use the claw since I have no damn radio connection.

XGnYcH9.jpg

To all misfortune I need also the connecting piece of the claw. In order not to lose the claw forever, I activate it and undock it. At the same time, she catches a part of the mother ship and hangs tightly. Now I can undock the connecting piece and it is in space and is drifting away. So I can catch it with the bottom from the lander, dock the Narrow Band Scanner and hang the lander to the lower end of the mother ship. What an effort - and only because of this missing radio connection. This is how it looks now.

H3ECOYg.jpg

Due to the refuel action I have now enough dV to land the mothership and refuel completely. What the hell ... When I approach the landing I actually see a...big rock?  So big? I take a closer look and see...an arch. Could someone have so much luck?

7VMhRyr.jpg

So - I'm down. And there is also ore. Only the Narrow BAnd scanner is squeezed a little -  Bad luck for you - if you would work properly then you would have been spared. Now we have to refuel.

obWrXyo.jpg

Now I need a break after the stress ... Stupid radio connection ...