What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Did not do anything note worthy other then Having two craft trying to head to Eeloo. Well a long way where I have to wait 8 years with a 2 year wait to make the burn. Might try and send a 3rd craft that is capable of sending all the Kerbals back home as well as try and send a rover to Eeloo as well for science gathering reasons.

I gradually started clearing my SolarFlare ring station of crew, using escape pods that I had docked there. Got through the atmosphere, landed safely, went on EVA to plant a flag. Next thing, black screen, and game crashes! Did I land on the Kraken's nest or something? :rolleyes:

And now...instead of the usual 15 min loading time, it was only 2, and I found out why: Apparently the crash caused every single model, texture, part, resource, and everything else to not load, and now I have a save game of 30+ ships that are now gone. Looks like I'm going to have to spend another 3 hours putting that ring station around Moho again! Yay,,,:/

Made @Triop's little ship into not-a-ship-anymore. Skip to 1:45 for the explosions

Twice. Skip to 1:12 for boat exploding, and to 2:54 for Val making her nice shiny plane into modern art.

A pic, if you don't like videos or are on a mobile device using data

WdKaDwL.jpg

@qzgy

Respect for that second video, you actualy bombed my ship without the marker (F4).

Nice.

I'll be sinking your Trenton tomorrow, my first try was a bit of a not such a succes or something....

Catch you later. :ph34r:

3 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

And now...instead of the usual 15 min loading time, it was only 2, and I found out why: Apparently the crash caused every single model, texture, part, resource, and everything else to not load, and now I have a save game of 30+ ships that are now gone. Looks like I'm going to have to spend another 3 hours putting that ring station around Moho again! Yay,,,:/

You have backups, Mr. Space Cat. :D

Go to "load save" from the escape menu, they're labeled with some funky names but you likely have a fairly recent one. Even if you have to rebuild the entire gamedata folder, the save will still be valid as long as it's from before the crash. 

1 minute ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

You have backups, Mr. Space Cat. :D

Go to "load save" from the escape menu, they're labeled with some funky names but you likely have a fairly recent one. Even if you have to rebuild the entire gamedata folder, the save will still be valid as long as it's from before the crash. 

Thanks! I just reloaded the save, and the ring station is there! Thanks! You've saved me 4 hours of pain and frustration!! :D:rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Thanks! I just reloaded the save, and the ring station is there! Thanks! You've saved me 4 hours of pain and frustration!! :D:rolleyes:

Nothing quite like the pain of completely rebuilding a game only to realize you had a backup all along. :confused: They really should make those auto saves a bit more obvious. 

I'd like to thank Mechjeb for making mining a chore rather than something akin to gouging my eyes out.

In between correction burns for the nuclear tugs I made two trips with the Mining Pig. It fills up rather quickly and the delta-V margins are pretty nice, even with a lowlands mining area, although it is incredibly sluggish with a full load. I'm pretty impressed with it overall. Two loads of ore filled up the liquid hydrogen stocks. Jool window from Kerbin leaves in 102 days which gives me some time to work on the Laythe lander and plan the goals of that trip.

gQBFdiY.png

EeVUS4g.png

I took a break from modding (had a long day at work), and instead flew a Cormorant Aeronology shuttle by @Pak into orbit without MechJeb, Better Burn Time, or Kerbal Engineer. Fantastic flying machine! Anyway, I had plenty of fuel left in the ET, so I held onto it and took the Cormorant up into orbit and visited Skybase:

gvBYpUK.png

dJWiGCK.png

LCWRXob.png

Skybase lost a solar array during ascent, at no time did the shuttle make contact with the space station. :)

Edited by Angel-125

On 2013-5-17 at 10:06 PM, Xeldrak said:

So, what did you do in KSP today? I'm working on my project to touch down on every object in the system without mechjeb, so everything is done by hand. I launched a rocket (Project D-Man)to Duna yesterday and today I landed on Duna . After taking off, I realized that I could land on Ike too. This way I don't have to visit the Duna-system again. However - it seems I did a slight miscalculation and only reached Ike orbit....with a 30 km apoapsis.

So, I converted a space-tug I had in storage into a interplanetary towing service and left for Duna. Yeah, it has mechjeb, because I did all the landing allready and its better than just leaving my faithfull kerbals in Ike orbit (my project - my rules :wink: ). So both ships met in Ike-orbit, where I accidently triggered the last stage seperator on D-Man just after docking. However after a few months of waiting for the right planetary alignment - the D-Man capsule is on its way home :D And yes, I did not have to attend any lectures today - so there was plenty of time for KSP :wink:

So, what about you?

Well done , but tell me plz how are you able to play at all, my KSP is unworkable since last week, do you play through Steam whats your set up. How come you  were not affected by the up date last week. thanks in advance.

Brian 

1 minute ago, capt: scarlet said:

Well done , but tell me plz how are you able to play at all, my KSP is unworkable since last week, do you play through Steam whats your set up. How come you  were not affected by the up date last week. thanks in advance.

Brian 

That post that you've quoted is from four years ago, so a reply is probably uncommon (If i'm wrong, then you win, but anyway :cool:).

4 hours ago, capt: scarlet said:

Brian 

Just in case @Xeldrak is not around anymore, I'll answer this question. You should always make a copy of the KSP-directory Steam makes, and then play the copy. This way it doesn't matter if the game updates and tries to break all your mods. The copy will always work.

SLAUGHTERED! Stock wheels..

Modified M1s are again the order of the day for a healthy Kerbal Train Program and a happy 4433

Desperate to solve the wagons tracking badly and spinning out the locomotive at decent speeds - I simply deleted the CFG files line about slip and drag.. increasing the overridden wheel weight (in radius line) to the traditional 1.2 tons.. deleting dampening, steering. and reducing suspension move to 0.5 value 

The result - PERFECTION! (Pre 1.1 wheel-alike)

Wagons track perfectly, the locomotive never loses her footing - hills are once again a challenge, runaways a real possibility.. speed/torque control is more exact..but most of all everything tracks true as if their on rails lead by the locomotive.. infact the entire trains so stable shes happily chugging along in the background while I write this..shes changed her direction a few times as the rolling hills change the track dependant on gravity.. but all up shes around 80km from KSC and ive not done a thing

This... hasn't happened since 2015 with 4408 :)

mszEfpn.png

Will 4433 replace 4432 in the field? I don't know.. since 4432s her own instance.. any changes to part configuration files don't effect "craft" already out in the field.. its all part of the save file.. 

if 4433 proves to be the superior locomotive I might switch them .. which in itself is a strange story given that 4432 used to be 4433 at one time.. I found 4432 out in the field on a run.. an accident of not bringing one in.. changed the class plates and left 4433 out in the field..

This 4433's upgraded from that model.. experimenting with it ever since while the "pure" 4432 remains in the field on the elcano challenge.. 

Such is life on the KTP.. such mysterious things are these land trains.. and that's why I love them so much :D

Hb7vRJ7.png

AW4YVzH.png

Now to work on that jet horn so I can govern the length of the horn blast again :)

Edited by Overland

Testing fueling systems in orbit last night and having problems with them loosing hydrogen no matter what i did.

Liked my first one the most.  Less fuel but it was easy to get into orbit and very snappy maneuvering to dock. Dry CoM and Wet CoM both nearly overlapped and RCS balance was near perfect.  Still it bled hydrogen too fast to be left in orbit or sent to other places.

Kg7sDij.png

The Second one. Had 10k dV on its own, agile enough to dock easy.  Still bled off too much.

sgXiDg1.png

Designed a third and noticed as i was putting it up that a weird asteroid encounter was happening.  A class E in a 76Mmx356km orbit nearly equitorial.  So intercept time it was.

FB2YSyA.png

Captured as it passed PE.

tCsiYcu.png

Hi I'm a 195,000 ton 95% ore rock.... Welcome to my other 5% KRAKEN.

moeqtpt.png

Test launched an Ares I. Worked reasonably well. 

SXNPmRH.jpg

qibqfKa.jpg

(Note the nosecone has 25 metric tons of lead in it.)

Also, apparently in my career save antennas are only recognized as antennas about 10% of the time in my game. :huh:

tucl5P4.jpg

Trying to figure out how exactly to get around this.

Also don't ask me why that engine is labeled as an antenna. I really don't know