What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Last Saturday but... :/

The USSR launched 'Soyuz-T 1,' a next-generation modification of the trusty 'Soyuz' spacecraft, with a larger docking port compatible with the newer space station modules, to the 'Salyut-1' space station.

zNVS8w0.png

V0OdqAc.png

And then the Russians also decided that the station got a bit* wobbly when it was attempted to turn the beast, so they launched an unmanned 'Progress' resupply spacecraft to bring up some KAS struts.

*And by a bit wobbly, I mean, the station flails about like... like... like one of those contraptions made by Danny 2462.

6Rds3vp.png

QSJvTXQ.png

And I have even more stuff for you guys:

Finally got the mission report out for the manned sub-orbital test flight of the 'Dyna-Soar' reusable space shuttle. As always, the pesky DOD and USAF had to get involved, ruining Wernher Von Kerman's plans for a fully-reusable, 6-man space shuttle, instead substituting it for a 3-man, partially-reusable spaceplane.

XMGyr4T.png

h2oIIOl.png

Dawn broke over my Moho mining base so I finally landed my fuel transport vehicle (which I'd previously left in orbit after refuelling my transport tug.)

vcOtS94.png

VI6yZnt.png

Now it's just a matter of letting it do its thing until my krewed ship arrives to do science landings, by which time it should be fuelled up again and ready to resupply the science ship for its return journey.

40 minutes into the mission and we already used half our fuel.

We are going to slow to get there under 3 hours...

h0tLbIO.png

I stopped the ships and I'm gonna send in a tanker to join the fleet.

More like the last week or so...but...

When last we heard from JASA (Josh's AeroSpace Administration), his intrepid rover perform almost flawlessly on it's maiden Kerbin voyage. Almost perfect was good enough, so it was time for the BIG time! Mun rover, here we go!

And a what a great crater to start off in.

Mundog-1 was faced with some decisions upon landing. He could use RCS to gently float down from the crater rim...or he could punch it and drive off the rim for maximum speed and cool factor...YEEEEHAWWWWW

Spoiler

He got some BIG airtime and promptly lost the RCS tank after a few "landings." It was making him top-heavy anyway.

Later, Mundog-2 would explore Farside Crater for temperature fluctuations. Little did I know these kinds of missions involve multiple locations that don't reveal themselves until after you complete one. I was initially exploring using my lander, but ran out of fuel for the hops two fluctuations in. Thus, Mundog-2 was sent in to run circles around the lander and complete the mission.

Spoiler

Next up was a two-for-one mission. The first involved putting a satellite into a far equatorial orbit of Kerbin, out past Mun. The other involved new temperature fluctuations on the Mun, far from the previous two rovers. Team Archie was game! The flight was business as usual, and the two teammates parted ways for their own respective missions.

Spoiler

But alas, all was not as well as it seemed. I'm made a rookie miscalculation. I believed I could use a free return trajectory to slingshot myself from the far side of the Mun into the distant equatorial orbit of Kerbin. What I didn't realize was that the free return trajectory would like to STAY a free return trajectory. I had to reverse the orbit completely and was then able to get the satellite to mission completion on the last of my fuel. A mistake I won't make again.

As for the Archie rover, the bad orbit and Mun's rotation are making the landing difficult. With only a small chunk of fuel left, and sadly no RCS thrusters, I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to pull this landing off. I can get it down to about 50 m/s before it hits at 3000km. This mission has been both a success, failure, and learning experience.:D

Well had fun deliveringa rover to the Mun as well as a generator so I could keep mining on the mun a bit longer. Took the rover out for a little spin to complete a go to X site: 2EAEFCB5AB3E0D487F3210FC7D07A266BEDC3BB8

Sadly the little rover's front half disintagrated. Tossing the Kerbal pilot free... Which I'm glad he lived as I cannot afford the 5 mil a pop Kerbal crew to replace him. Sadly he is stranded 6 km away from his exit craft.