What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

x3KYLgT.jpg

Spoiler

MmPE5EA.jpg 

This ship is the enigma, and it is certainly is a bit weird. It's essentially designed to harvest a lot of karborundum from the sun and bring it back to kerbin, but require a lot of ore! Those torch drives are thirsty! In it's initial configuration it has 170,000m/s dv, which is just enough to circulize at Low solar orbit and return to kerbin with a lot of karborundum (it's really heavy!!!)

I've sent it off for one run, but will probably just park it above minmus where my ore miners should be able to fill it...

Ore mining being the next topic... 

Why not build a VTOL heavy duty freighter

rrV2Y4e.jpgAbc10cm.jpg

Spoiler

Who put this VAB here

b7DOT5s.jpg 

Finally the Daedalus, 

jskevVU.jpg6YrJZQt.jpg

Fusion pellets were a pain to understand (note to self read the wiki before launch...) Took twelve freighter launches full of deuterium etc. to fill those tanks!

Ridiculous dv, off to Jool to start a laythe colony

cgtoOuo.jpg 

I think I need to build some landers...

Just now, NISSKEPCSIM said:

Hi, is anyone else experiencing the problem where the forums log you out every time you open a forums page lately? Even when you've ticked "Remember Me?"

That only happens when I clear my internet history every week or so

Just now, DarkOwl57 said:

That only happens when I clear my internet history every week or so

For me, it's just happening randomly - sometimes I'm logged in, sometimes it logs me out. It's not that big of a deal, but it's kind of annoying.

9 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Woo thanks! I can't wait to blow up test your plane against my beautiful supreme American K-22 :cool:

Ah.... Did you build it in 1.3? Because.. I'm still running 1.2.2.....

Ok, no worries, I'll fix it for you.

Here's a link to another fictional cold war jet, with BDA made in 1.2.2.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eb3qu1q75cqbkl8/Warrior The Russian X.craft?dl=0

pRAW716.png

Don't let her looks fool ya, she's a fierce fighter. :cool:

I tested out a new space shuttle. It flies, but only just.

JvypUEH.jpg

zk6qlJl.jpg

1j9XWF7.jpg

qCL4yBV.jpg

RTAPFsf.jpg

It looks pretty good and transports 5 kerbals including the pilot, but it only just flies properly when empty (it flies better the less fuel you burn in orbit), and the ascent profile is wobbly to say the least. At least it's good in terms of aesthetics though, and I'll probably find a way to use similar plane designs because I quite like this wing layout. And it's fully recoverable (well, with Stage Recovery it averages to about 90-ish percent recovery but that's besides the point) so that is another point in its favour.

21 minutes ago, Triop said:

Ok, no worries, I'll fix it for you.

Here's a link to another fictional cold war jet, with BDA made in 1.2.2.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eb3qu1q75cqbkl8/Warrior The Russian X.craft?dl=0

pRAW716.png

Don't let her looks fool ya, she's a fierce fighter. :cool:

It's downloaded. Now wait for the results; your tigershark crashed me game

*******Kerbal Space Agency Press Statement*******

Year: 1

Day: 180

Time: 0 hours 46 minutes

Press Statement:  Reports coming in that Berbe Kerman has survived the crash that claimed the life of Jebediah Kerman.

As they approached the wreckage, tapping was heard coming from what was left of the passenger compartment.  Berbe is now in hospital recovering from several broken fingernails, a gash on the back of the hand, and a particularly nasty bruise on the forehead.

The KSA has suspended all Kerballed flights while investigations into the crash continue.

END OF MESSAGE.

I accepted an contract to bring 1200 ore from Mun to Kerbal.  Since I already have a base on Mun I thought I'll expanded to make it a mining base. The base was by built using the Planetary Base Inc mod. A launcher bought the two sections to Mun orbit where an "Eagle" based on the craft of the same name from Space 1999 took them separately to the surface. One land a tractor joined them together.

The new sections of the base are a greenhouse, a solar array and two mining rigs.  This time they are connected to each other and the original base using the KIS mod. I had to use Hyperedit to get them in the proper positions.

Hi all been working on a submarine for 1.2.2. and moving parts to 1.3....

Man its a real job sometimes lol most of the time.

Homage to a great writer Jules Verne.

Here is the latest work for 1.2.2

Down load available for testing just PM me. WIPs need SM marine mod to work.

Linked here http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/142557-122-sm-marine-122-update-v0960-cekay/&page=1

It's been a strange day at the KSP, but moral got a huge boost when Berbe Kerman, the tourist who chartered the orbital flight of Kerbin, survived the re-entry accident that claimed Jeb's life.

She was found suspended upside down, still strapped into her seat, unable to take of the seat belts as she didn't want to land on her head.

aUkpEYZ.png 

Although only unkerballed flights are currently being launched at the KSC while the accident is under investigation, the KSA had a remarkable stroke of luck today when a simple test of a 3.25m fairing resulted in a small probe ending up on course for an encounter with Jool!

XwWJOjW.png

Zc4rIGF.png

This simple probe was originally designed to control the launch vehicle and deploy the fairings when the test conditions - deploy while in solar orbit - had been met.  However after the test had been successfully completed, it was noticed that the probe was going to get an encounter with the Kerbol systems gas giant, Jool.  And as luck would have it, a recent policy introduced by the KSA now means that all probes must include some basic science, an antenna and some power generation capability, because "you just never know" as Gene Kerman has been heard to say.

Needed to reach the grasslands for a contract - yes I already have rover wheels ... "Not because they are easy ... "

And yes, launching it from as high as possible helps - still a lot of failed launches for this one contract ... I must be crazy ...

*cue dramatic music*

Have you ever deployed a rover millions of kilometers away, only to have it helplessly turtle?

No more! Never again have to make an awkward announcement to a judgemental public, depressed scientists, an unreasonable Board of Directors, or angry, angry engineers!

Napalm Demolitions Unlimited introduces...The Duna Dog Mk III!!!

Equipped standard with a full suite of science instruments, along with a cutting-edge inexhaustible* "Eko-Green"** powerplant, The Duna Dog Mk III received five star crash and crash recovery ratings from the Kerbal Space Institute, the Kerbin Travel Safety & BBQ Advisory Committee, as well as the coveted "Golden Impactor" Award from the Kerbal Konsumer Advocacy Review!

8434C35A59A608678C5231A81BDC204976268933E01DC244A48C14D93F791DD00F6354FEEA0C085D7238500044C0AB038D2BECA422D026E07088E99846A4F944A5CE83B61BB8A03DC3647046F0B5612F7B97A3BEA833AB7244C39CFFD9B4B0D060450D43

The Duna Dog Mk III! Coming soon to a showroom near you!

-Jn-

* Inexhaustible under normal usage on Kerbin over level ground, while not transmitting.

** The Duna Dog Mk III is intended for unmanned usage. Prolonged exposure to "Eko-green" powerplant may be hazardous or lethal to organic life. Not licensed for use on Kerbin. DO NOT INGEST.

Edited by JoeNapalm

Mucked about with turboprops and tiltrotors...

iw0wW62.png

It didn't go well.

Then decided it was a terrible idea and worked on stock helicopter

dpp2UW4.png

Probably a bit stupid, especially with 60 junos or something like that. And 10 blades (clipped into each other to make it look like 5, of course)

Also finally figured out a good bearing. Its made of vernor thrusters, apparently and an rcs tank. Not the most efficient spacewise, but I don't care.

And also need to edit out juno effects, and make sure the heli doesn't spin too much.

On Sat May 18 2013 at 2:36 AM, Xeldrak said:

And yes, I did not have to attend any lectures today - so there was plenty of time for KSP :wink:

So, what about you?

man... if ksp was around when i still was in college i would have had a difficult time to get to any lecture... all the time. :confused:

Val tested the new very-heavy-launcher and the new CSM. She was able to enter into the first moon orbit :)

Launcher details:

Spoiler

Boosters: 2x UA1205

OE9gcJW.jpg

Core stage: 5x LR-87-LH2 (one of them ignites at the ground)

GPcP1GP.jpg

Upper stage: 5x RL-10-3-A3

rb4LSNl.jpg

CSM details:

Spoiler

Main engine: 1x Lunar Module Ascent engine (10 ignitions) 

3iNaCny.jpg

Mass. ~11 tons

It has 3 RTG's, 4 solar panels and it provides Life support for about 53 days.

Moon transfer burn:

EMYlhHd.jpg

guX8hYc.jpg

mWZdcco.jpgE

EVA is always fun, especially in space near the moon:

fNERfkF.jpg

Then she returned back to Earth after her 13 day trip:

oJrs6rA.jpg

iMTVbbl.jpg

Edited by Julien Kerman