What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

26 minutes ago, DeltaDizzy said:

Today I went propeller-crazy, thanks to SXT Continued

VYkhOXy.png.

That looks like the engine from a corsair......
Also, add some fuel in the back (or ore tanks), just as ballast. Those wings... do not sit well with me.

14 hours ago, Julien Kerman said:

I decided to use an advanced probe core / avionics unit which tolerates much higher temperatures and pressure, you will see soon. Next Venus window opens in 200 days:0.0: 

Hi Julien,

I'm having the same problem descending at Venus. My probes implode before landing. I don't see any part with a limit greater than 4000Kpa, so, what parts are you using? are these included in a mod??

Thank you!

43 minutes ago, Alex Kerman said:

Hi Julien,

I'm having the same problem descending at Venus. My probes implode before landing. I don't see any part with a limit greater than 4000Kpa, so, what parts are you using? are these included in a mod??

Thank you!

Try to use the "Ranger Block I Core", this part should work. It does not require a extra mod to add it.

Trying to build a stock seaplane based off the Blohm & Voss HA139

ended up crashing the planes because either they flipped on contact or the tail is really fragile (8m/s impact tolerance are you kidding me)
so i just scrapped the floats and made a normal plane

19 hours ago, Julien Kerman said:

And then, 13km above the surface, the probe exploded, because the atmospheric pressure was way to high.

Since when is this a thing? Is this a feature specific to RSS? There are many mod planets out there that need this. :cool:

32 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Since when is this a thing? Is this a feature specific to RSS? There are many mod planets out there that need this. :cool:

I know where your head is :wink:

It's a setting when you start a new game, "part pressure limits" or something like that (not at my computer to check)

16 hours ago, Stratzenblitz75 said:

Today, I landed a stock aircraft carrier on eve...

Beautiful Overkill :),...

I am wondering about a bunch of things after watching this clip, like, how to load a game with electric props without visible klaws to redock them for savegame progress, and, if there wasn`t even though a little bit of alt+f12 abuse regarding indestructible parts (carrier touchdown/watering)... nevertheless, amazing video

I made a pretty big plane, for this week's SQUAD challenge: 

FsCQibw.jpg

The unimaginatively named "Plane" weighs in at 560-something tons (I think), can carry 704 passengers and 4 crew, and is powered by 24 Panthers. All stock in version 1.3. Part count is around 460, last time I checked.

However, I'm not going to fly this across the ocean just yet (the rules of the challenge say that you must fly across an ocean). That's because I'm going to fly it not on Kerbin... but on Laythe. :0.0: 

Hopefully it'll work. I have literally no mods installed, not even HyperEdit or KER, so I'm not sure how I'm going to get 560 tons of plane to Laythe yet... At any rate, judging by the amount of fuel on board (the plane), a circumnavigation of Laythe should be possible, providing I can get the plane there. 

And no, I'm not going to bring it back. :P 

7 hours ago, Julien Kerman said:

Try to use the "Ranger Block I Core", this part should work. It does not require a extra mod to add it.

Thank You Julien, but.... I don't see that part. For what I see every part has a pressure limit of 4000Kpa, and Venus at sea level has more tan 10000Kpa... I'm afraid I'll need parts with at least that pressure limit. Any Ideas?

3x rescale mod today:

Launched a probe to moho (ejection completed, plane change burn still needed.... and a really long capture burn with an ion engine needed unless its a flyby)

Launched a 7x RA-100 relay into an orbit at kerbin SOI edge (to boost the connection with the moho relay which is only carrying an RA-15).

Then installed the final module on my Mun base at the poles.

Z3ABWUY.png

W7Eh37s.png

Also designed an even bigger surface base to send to my mod planet rald with a shuttle that can take longer modules, but I think I'll hold off on launching it and arranging for any transfer to Rald until after my duna base gets set up (which may be never to be honest)

Quantum entangled jeb. Somehow.

Quick story. I was trying something for a challenge which had a kerbal in an external command seat. Rather than manually place said kerbal in the chair, I have TakeControl to do that for me. Something glitched and I got two jebs in the car. No big deal.. except Jeb 2 couldn't be seperated and walked while I was driving. I crashed, and both jebs survived with one popping out. I then discovered that these jebs are according to the game, the same jeb and walked together while I was only controlling the one, the the one beign stuck in the car actually turning the car.

Here's a video, post crash. video may need to process

Weirdest glitch ever.

4 hours ago, Mikki said:

Beautiful Overkill :),...

I am wondering about a bunch of things after watching this clip, like, how to load a game with electric props without visible klaws to redock them for savegame progress, and, if there wasn`t even though a little bit of alt+f12 abuse regarding indestructible parts (carrier touchdown/watering)... nevertheless, amazing video

Thanks!

The propellers on the planes are not your average propellers; they have a unique bearing that allows them to survive time-warp/quick-loading (essentially, they use linear RCS ports to act as an axle, and 1x1 structural panels to hold it in place. I've found that this configuration is very resilient against time-warp. Although, it has some problems with high-g maneuvers.)

About the splashdown: the carrier splashes down at about 50 m/s, with ~10 m/s of vertical velocity. This is within the impact tolerance of the MK3 fuselages so they cushion the impact and everything survives.

Also, I've found that the indestructible parts cheat does not work against water for some reason. When I was testing submarines for another video, I found it quite infuriating that I couldn't just chuck them into the water with alt-f12 for a quick test.

55 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Quantum entangled jeb. Somehow.

Quick story. I was trying something for a challenge which had a kerbal in an external command seat. Rather than manually place said kerbal in the chair, I have TakeControl to do that for me. Something glitched and I got two jebs in the car. No big deal.. except Jeb 2 couldn't be seperated and walked while I was driving. I crashed, and both jebs survived with one popping out. I then discovered that these jebs are according to the game, the same jeb and walked together while I was only controlling the one, the the one beign stuck in the car actually turning the car.

Here's a video, post crash. video may need to process

Weirdest glitch ever.

Where can I order this magnificent cloning machine?

... Imagine an army of Jebs ... doing line dancing.

29 minutes ago, Azimech said:

Where can I order this magnificent cloning machine?

... Imagine an army of Jebs ... doing line dancing.

That would be ... amazing. I would be up for a line dancing KSP feature.

I haven't been able to recreate this. I can still send the craft though.

Here. https://kerbalx.com/qzgy/BAC-mono-kinda-5

Edited by qzgy

I started a new career mode game due to updating, no more lag, and using up too much funds to try to assemble a mothership before patched conics was available. I achieved orbit with an earlier rocket craft than ever before, though (third rocket).

Edited by Paculo

Technical difficulties

image.png

Praise SQUAD for autostruts.

I've added another module to my base:

Base_3.png

SEE THAT WASN'T ON HAZARD-ISH'S BASE

I also had to ditch the "rover," due to numerous non-aesthetic issues and equally-many aesthetic ones. Unfortunately the rover pilot is going to have to sit out in the cold until I add more crew space on the base.

Unamused.png

Hopefully his suffering will please the Kraken and we won't have another incident.

Edited by Brownhair2