What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

7 hours ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Oh Kraken I need that plane. Have you KerbalX'd it yet? Otherwise I'll be forced to make a terrible replica

Thanks! I haven't yet, but I'll see if I can get it up in a day or two. I'll try to remember to PM you when it is done.

7 hours ago, Kerbital said:

Today. I said farewell to KSP and uninstalled the game. I tolerated the bugs hoping they would get fixed, but I've just grown too tired of my ships randomly twisting and exploding after I've put an hour into a mission. 1.3 didn't fix my main issues with the game: stutter and random ship disassembly. Time to do something else. Cheers all. It's been fun.

screenshot11.jpg

screenshot12.jpg

How modded was your install? How much use of part autostrut? I don't know much about KJR, but.... I've had ships before that get attacked by the kraken when I used autostrut too much, when I disabled it, the kraken attacks stopped. Kraken attacks are really really rare for me. I haven't had a claw related one in a really long time. There must be something unique to your situation that sadly other people do not do, and makes it hard to replicate and fix.

I'm not saying its your fault there's a bug, but it must be something that you're doing (but by all means, you should be able to do whatever it is without a kraken attack!) that other people aren't.

Exploring Kerbol (and testing gigantic ion-based exploration spacecraft)

o1aVC2O.png

Solar panel generates over 15k electricity per second when I'm near the safe distance limit of approaching Kerbol

Y7nJkL8.png

Because one ion engine is still not kerbal enough :P

fVJceLc.png

Realising that there's rather a lot of fuel onboard Aries Station, a new mission to explore the martian moons is approved.

IBbCnfi.jpg

Transfer to Deimos is performed at the equatorial AN, thus avoiding the massive plane change in low orbit. The sum total of around 650m/s is negligible compared to the lander's full load of 2700, and it turns out that precisely no m/s are required to actually land once the tiny deorbit burn has been executed.

By the second bounce, Shatner snaps and engages the RCS to attach the lander to the surface. Even deploying the flag nearly sends Shatner back into orbit. We're not entirely sure how this rock holds itself together...

On 7/1/2017 at 4:34 AM, NISSKEPCSIM said:

Well... why don't you just use Imgur? It's completely free, and I don't even have an account and I can easily host my images on imgur and then post them here.

To date, I had no real incentive to try to figure out Imgur; I was already familiar with Photobucket's interface and organization methods and it was working fine.  Looks like Imgur is going to win anyway, I've avoided Flickr for years because I dislike the way they seemingly let others rearrange my images.  I'd use my own storage, except that I can't get either my ISP or my (very longstanding) alternate ISP and mail host to tell me anything about increasing my personal web storage beyond the existing 5 MB...

After a three-day long hiatus involving a fried router due to a power surge, and no internet, I did the only thing I could to entertain myself - put Jeb in a plane with twenty Whiplashes and fly around kerbin in less than ten minutes draw an absolute metric ton of patches and pictures in Microsoft paint!

Spoiler

bavCbR0.png

zH4O319.png

LfncTAW.png

tA5XsDO.png

kqHsAxS.png

8yiE0PJ.png

fAH2kkt.png

LhOyBjD.png

XiQDcpA.png

And an absolutely terrible rendition of my dog:

2jDTRZ5.png

Oh, and this piece of abstract art:

hE7fDp7.png

13 hours ago, Kerbital said:

Today. I said farewell to KSP and uninstalled the game. I tolerated the bugs hoping they would get fixed, but I've just grown too tired of my ships randomly twisting and exploding after I've put an hour into a mission. 1.3 didn't fix my main issues with the game: stutter and random ship disassembly. Time to do something else. Cheers all. It's been fun.

I haven't had issues with this stuff (running 1.2.2, only mod is Better Burn Time).  Flex during launch leading to RUD, yes -- random failures in orbit (even under boost for transfers), no.  And once I found auto-strut, launch flex became far less of a problem.  The only issues I've had that won't go away are with oscillation (mainly in roll) when SAS is managing a vessel that has masses at both ends of a skinny part, and better RCS or torque balancing would likely fix that.

13 hours ago, Kerbital said:

Awww! But your ships are... beautiful!

@Zeiss Ikon@KerikBalm@EpicSpaceTroll139

I won't quote the replies for neatness sake.

1) Yes, this is on a PC, Windows 10

2) Yes, it was heavily modded, but this has been happening at different times with different mods. I can't tell which mod was causing this. Maybe KJR but I need it for my larger ships.

3) Yes, I use autostruts, but without autostruts my larger ships just break apart. Although, this time it happened to a tiny lander.

What is interesting is that if you keep switching between ships, each time they're disfigured differently, they can even return to normal or mostly normal state.

There was one theory that these Kraken attacks happen if you leave an ISRU or nuclear reactor running, then save the game and reload it. But this time I simply switched between ships and my lander got mangled.

The point is that this by itself would be workable. I could try to figure this out, change the way I build ships. But there are other bugs in the game with the memory stutter and sudden FPS drops being the worst. I already stopped playing the game before 1.3 then came back hoping the game would behave better. I got 500+ hours out of $15 I paid for the game so I'm not complaining, I can't deny that I did have fun. But I have a tendency to build large, complex ships and the game just can't handle that.

@NISSKEPCSIM - thanks, but most were only for show. Most were unplayable due to low frame rate.

Testing the new RP-0!

Bumpers! WAC Corporal on a A-4, V for victory! Karman line and then a lot more, starts my journey. (inside is a 1 more stages)

202Tj0X.png

Bosters & main A-9, 5 XASR's, X-1 Rocket engine 3nd stage, 1 XASR final stage for orbit!

Oqm0Vxl.png

The Ethanol engine in the 3rd stage has multiple ignitions and allows the stage to begin the circularization burn and stabilize the final satellite stage.

ugOKcy2.png

DeiTXlJ.png

Launching my first comsats with new comsat bus resource requirement.

KARMAN! 3 heads towards south america just after engine failure.

9u9lUPQ.png

Lamonts new PEG Guidance [WIP] for MJ is providing pitch perfect orbital insertions on two ignitions.

fNbLAqb.png

RV testing, second stage pushed back out of orbit and guidance package returned for a soft landing (its expensive) after orbital insertion.

516GZoV.png

Exactly one spacebar press to orbit.

Lunar Orbiter too many castors 500dV for a slight edge needed to circularize with pretty low isp engines. LR89 main and side boosters for 4200dV, LR105 Upper Stage for 4700dv gets the lunar bus and orbiter to a parking orbit and ready to transit.

3iNB0LR.pngA7wknLV.png

All lower stages are recoverable. Including the 12 Engine skirt sections that seperate after slowing the stages down to reasonable velocities.

bkcTgIT.png

Transit bus using a second pair of AJ10-27's to slow the orbiter into a 165km orbit of the moon.  Heavy RCS thrusters using HTP do the rest of the work and lower it to 135km for final scans.

k66xDCd.png

IGUDD9l.png

Edited by Bornholio

In KSP? Good question. I had a game crash. Then I had a game crash. Then while setting up a scene I had a game crash. Oh and did I tell you guys about that game crash? (It's not been a good day)

After testing that seaplane ssto for @Speeding Mullet's reboot of the seaplane to orbit challenge, I found it was insufficient for a quick minmus hop. I had about 30 m/s of delta-v when landed. So I made the SeaDraaken 5. It launches from under the water. Vertically, but still technically a seaplane (AFAIK. Still testing, haven't made the full mission.) Takes off from water, and has wings. Can probably land on water too.

GDzTx1m.png

Spoiler of testing runs. I'm also 90% sure it can go in orbit. No pics though.

Spoiler

h9F8VH2.png

eiVeXTq.png

jFIFcg9.png

Edited by qzgy