What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

4 hours ago, Error_Sophius said:

I took pictures and I'm thinking of documenting the process for interest/amusement. How and where should I post that stuff?   (for that matter, how do I do images at all?)

Upload your images to a site like Imgur and copy the direct image link from there. Imgur is free, so that's a plus.

7 hours ago, bigcalm said:

A brick that flies!  Hurrah!

screenshot208.png

Here's a more bricky one!

2uZ48MJ.png

Also redesigned and retested my SLSSTO (Sea-Launched SSTO) - Actually made it to moho this time! Also helps that the maneuvers were much more efficient. Solution was to add more tanks.

Edited by qzgy

5 hours ago, Error_Sophius said:

I took pictures and I'm thinking of documenting the process for interest/amusement. How and where should I post that stuff?   (for that matter, how do I do images at all?)

As @qzgy said, you can use imgur to host images, and the direct links to post them here. As for where, here can be a pretty good place, but Mission Reports might be good as well if you're thinking about having your own thread.

Earlier today I made the SETI Greenhouse(s) 20% more awesome. Actually read it, it says so right in the panel. :P 

5TBpCbt.jpg

Then I gave my OPT SAGE airliner a Karbonite RATO system and leveled up as a spaceplane engineer. *cue Super Mario FX* This plane is so good it stalls at around 50m/s and landed on tiny island undamaged.

esvXyld.jpg

ls69WyW.jpg moy4Qx7.jpg

Then I partially revived a stand-up guy deep space explorer ship design from before I knew other bodies than Kerbin, Mun and Duna existed. Neither vessels were SSTO. Instead of trying to climb to the sky on what would loosely resemble a Prometheus VTOL made with Kerbodyne tanks and engines, this smaller vessel just needed a few drop-tanks, and is a rocket plane. The aerospike engine is the primary engine and is active from launch. This plane whispers to me that it can land on Mun before refueling but I don't believe that whisper. There's no payload or other systems in it yet.

FLlTg5C.jpg 

tJk7VhM.jpg

I launched a big communication satellite to Mars for upcoming Lander, Rover and manned Missions. I used my Saturn V again because the Saturn V is just cool:D.

ZJeCwoJ.jpg

I also tested @DECQ's Space Shuttle System mod, which is great :)

gR6bdWf.jpg

45bnXtn.jpg

Maybe I will add it to my RP-0 modlist...

Edited by Julien Kerman

Started and finished my Duna (3x resize) surface base yesterday+ today. Placed the first module on my Rald surface base:

N0KJc2d.png

Landings could be exciting:

FAMYF26.png

It can't do VTOL landings with a full fuel load and the heaviest payload, but with ISRU on he ground I can come in without much fuel left, no need to carry all the fuel needed to get back to orbit.

VTOL or horizontal both work with the relatively light modules

Spoiler

B0Vu8B8.png

kNyrGsu.png

eepAs2x.png

bkyYiXM.png

3E53PQ1.png

F3AKiOF.png

Steps of base construction:

Spoiler

1st landing:

WKYMdVP.png

2nd landing, the ISRU to provide fuel for additional landings:

gmCjN1U.png

TvAEuJd.png

^ sometimes I do this instead of driving the orange tank into the cargobay to transfer fuel. The claw is lazier and the orange tank doesnt refill the monoprop.

Rendezvous with the hub module, has life support for 1 kerbal, an engineer is sent:

zdvNzqf.png

UVqw2wX.png

I0pLbXL.png

Next comes the greenhouse module

8I6ioJR.png

attached and deployed:

SGXXovL.png

and finally the science module:

RJJmlsM.png

base completed:

N0KJc2d.png

a little repair of the rover was needed:

T24A9MW.png

I don't plan on relocating those modules to Rald, I've got a new set (seen in my last post here) on the way, about 200 days out. The shuttle arrived already though, and carried the orange tank module + rover sections, so I put down on the floodplains of rald, near a crater lake:

I still want to adjust the color, it seems to yellowish and not green enough, I may want to change the texture too:

uKNmzB4.png

CMMO0B9.png

Can't wait for scatterer for 1.3... that water texture is bleh:

VyxSM4P.png

Ready for takeoff:

b8gEI1y.png

This site has ore, water (accessible via drill), tufts of grass like life nearby, driving distance to a pond, and a constant view of Duna. The Duna base has a constant view of here as well, so the two bases can constantly relay for each other, so uplink to kerbal is only lost at about the same frequency as eclipses (which are 1x per day, but these days are 40 hours, so its not so bad), but even that is mitigated by a com relay orbiting both bodies, so... the comlinks are up most of the time.

Takeoff:

Spoiler

pglambC.png

That was just a hop in the air due to a bump/change in the ground slope

up up and away:

m50EHHV.png

Just now, SpaceOdissey said:

2.4 KILOTONS??!! REALLY? in RSS I' can't even lift an apple to LEO... what mods do you use for the rocket 

Procedural Parts and Fairings, Real Fuels, SSTU, Realism Overhaul. Yeah that's bassicly it.

Now that the station is in orbit, I decided to play around with it to learn its capabilities. On one end of it, there's a large cargo handling area with three Jr. docking ports - so that I can launch cargo missions to keep the station supplied. So, this afternoon, (for the second time this week) tried to dock a small cargo pod in the docking bay. I'm going to have to redesign the cargo pod to increase it's stability, but the proof of concept is there - and it works well. The images I am sharing are a combination of today and earlier last week's attempts to dock in the cargo bay.

t34cmz4.png

1b9IwNA.png

rHHgtwr.png

79gVexu.png

On 28.6.2017 at 4:16 AM, SaturnianBlue said:

It's some strange mirage/shadow of the ship I'm flying when I send it to space. I fixed it by reinstalling some of the graphics mods, but it's strange indeed...

tTC4OaD.png

I guarantee that you were under mind control attack from intelligent plasma ocean of Solaris which essentially recreates memories in the "ocean" (memories of KSC in this case).

... run away asap! :)