What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Yeah, I suggest not using it until I've sorted all the problems out. The lift is generated from the container, not the canopy - which means that the pod experiences immense downforce, because of the way it's attached. I'm going to take down the download until further notice.

@qzgy As for the timewarp spazzing out, I believe that it's an issue with the stock wheels, as I was getting the same problem even after I (sigh) accidentally blew up the paraglider, but the rest of my pod was intact.

8 minutes ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

@qzgy As for the timewarp spazzing out, I believe that it's an issue with the stock wheels, as I was getting the same problem even after I (sigh) accidentally blew up the paraglider, but the rest of my pod was intact.

Might be, but on that first image, I do not believe that I had wheels on that thing...

Anyway, all of the download links are temporarily closed until further notice, I suggest you abandon your endeavours, when I get back from where I need to go (In about 1 hour) I've got a quick and dirty workaround that I'm going to implement to fix all of the problems. Bye.

Edited by NISSKEPCSIM

I started CKAN.

I've opened the file listing all of the mods I intend to install to complete 1.3.

Five hours later, I confirmed that all of the key vismods are causing my set-up to crash.

Another five hours later, here I am writing patches for Remotetech and pestering Ven about how to undo the hasty retrofitting of the modded antennas to stock comms.

Edited by DDE

got a mission to Dres, i never heard of that place :P

this sounds like a job the eggsplorer can handle

25E02791B4A37242043F64823309BCE1AD45B504

apparently i didnt take a screen shot of the launch......go me!

D166C372455B6045E75E3595D9B81A41B979C06E

decouple and orbit set

99AAD1C6F8E1CC320CA45E089B2CA1492FF663013B04B574CA337EFEFF7898A469173114B3DE5477

MOAR SCIENCE!

5194E68981A9802EE3E74632ABD991629721554B

we visit the surface and unlock its mysteries 

CE97F7EF0E00D619C36534C5267D55E046423465

with our fuel too low to do much else we visit an asteroid and land on it.

4D9350E69BDF9C2CBC7A0EB2733ADB32E657F8EF

made a nbody simulation of the kerbol system, and:

moho: stable

eve: its moon gilly is unstable, constatly changing its orbit

kerbin : all stable

duna: stable

dres: stable

jool: laythe: stable, vall: crashed with laythe, tylo: stable, bop: was about to go to kerbol orbit, pol: stable

eeloo: stable

also designed a rocket: the Laythe I

it's capable of:

sending 30 tons to LKO

sending 20 tons to a space station

sending 10 tons to keosyncronous orbit

sending 10 tons to trans-munar injection orbit

sending 5 tons to kerbol orbit, near kerbin

FpSpNXK.png

this picture was taken when i was planning to send a new space station, i will deorbit the odyssey

I conquered a personal KSP demon today! I made a reasonable Apollo Facsimile!

6LxYzY4.png

On the pad, the Kerpollo Mission ready for departure

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

uXq9r8k.png 

Transposition

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

kszQ6oi.png

after a quick dock and decouple from the orbital stage, we connect up and make ready for the Mun!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the pictures here are done here at Kerbin for visibility, I had a quick save set for the actual mission

I am beyond pleased with myself!! I have been playing since KSP 0.21 when it hit steam way way back when. Now, all this time later to finally slay that demon is a feat for me!

original post time 00:18:30

Edited by AlamoVampire
album failed me, so, had to do manual images

I made a launch vehicle that uses only one engine block (a cluster of atmo and vacuo engines) and has a probe core, RCS and a docking port so i can ditch the first stage fuel tank and re dock the engine block to the second stage fuel tank. this negates the need for a second stage engine which can act as a weak point and lead to flipping or RUD. The engine block is also reusable. it makes reusability a lot more easier because your not recovering the first stage while your second stage still needs to burn.

With the despatch of the Duna survey probe it's been back to housekeeping. Mostly easy contracts using the Consat's already up. The crew of the orbital telescope returned to the fold and were immediately stuffed into the MinMun lander to gain some experience. They also managed to tick off a couple of anomalies.

screenshot25

This also ticked off the crews at the Mun and Minbases who were looking forward to some long distance rover trips. Allegedly. They are having to make do with bouncing around the base doing decidedly unheroic observation contracts.

A careful look at the small print also revealed why the Sentinel's were no longer spotting those lovely money making asteroid$$$$. A quick rejig of the orbit later the cash machine was back in operation.

screenshot26

3 hours ago, The solid fuel chemist said:

I made a launch vehicle that uses only one engine block (a cluster of atmo and vacuo engines) and has a probe core, RCS and a docking port so i can ditch the first stage fuel tank and re dock the engine block to the second stage fuel tank. this negates the need for a second stage engine which can act as a weak point and lead to flipping or RUD. The engine block is also reusable. it makes reusability a lot more easier because your not recovering the first stage while your second stage still needs to burn.

I would love to see pics of this. I've debated doing something similar, but never came up with anything worth using. 

I did quite a lot today!

1. I launched the Galileo spacecraft to Jupiter. It will be the second probe to orbit Jupiter and it carries an atmospheric probe:

Spoiler

0dkkvpK.jpg

SeKPgFj.jpg

2. I launched the 22nd (!!) Mercury-Redstone rocket. I usually do the "suborbital spaceflight"-contracts in order to kill the time between the missions.

Spoiler

j84fb8a.jpg

XX4EPKQ.jpg

9CiFmp2.jpg

3. I sent a new Crew to the space station:

Spoiler

qADgpd2.jpg

6v0VRcx.jpg

PkML9aX.jpg

4. I adjusted the flight path of Voyager 6. It is going to fly over Saturns North Pole, and it will get the science in space near Saturn:

Spoiler

mAw332R.jpg

5. I launched the second Mars ComSat:

Spoiler

A4q1kYF.jpg

Launch on a Saturn V of course! :)

KEJwOCh.jpg

The first one is already in orbit.

Got Jeb and Bill a new mode of transportation... because the vehicle they're in is just, so terrible, you guys.

screenshot107.png

I have no idea how far away they are, since I didn't get the yellow brackets with distance at any point, but close enough.

screenshot110.png

On the way, since last night I learned the hard way that you need relay antennas to... relay..  and I had to launch a new CommSat into orbit around the Mun

screenshot108.png

See?  Terrible.  That thing was super fun to land.

screenshot109.png

screenshot112.png

And remember kids!  Always, always, always disable all the reaction wheels on your rovers.  This thing has exploded too many times.