What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

No pictures this time, but I completed Spoice II, the second test flight of the complete lunar landing stack. Every single problem was solved except for the Lunar Ascent Stage's RCS module. Spoice III will be a suborbital launch of a one-off launcher to test the lander's RCS.

I think it's a crossfeed issue. The fuels and the RCS configs are correct.

i'm preparing to make a mod for 0.90: kerbalized solar system

if anyone know how to modding planets, mak me know, thanks

also launched the core of the prometheus station

23 hours ago, qzgy said:

@Spaceman17 - What version is that? Also, you know about these things called updates right?

why everyone seem to be criticizing me for using 0.90?

contract to Hale which looks like an asteroid, its a moon of Sarnus.

03204253DA73ADFF123409BAF279360B6FAA391B

LETS GO!

58CAE1D8299A1C5D0ABB0AD1515B0164A9248B18

even under max time warp it took 10min......coffee time

F007F4B341DB6BCAB6CC1998ECAF3751767BD4DF

we finally arrive and get a good look what we have.

6277A22B09C5AC3068AE43BE1E08D727A1E01D56

we got a slate moon encounter coming in so we will take a peek and get some science

59F39F56DC3D1E9EE69D351DF080DEA720DB9665

lots of dips,mountains,and craters/

8F5D6326893CC2744E04F2AE620E08ECE57B1557

finally an encounter, that took way longer than expected. its SOI was soooooo small.

8519A3D0C2D1DA82C59242A1AFA89383BA81F4E3

and we have arrived.

52C312988A92A3FD03C1A0EFB4238BC6E52A6279

a nice view of Sarnus

5DA8A1B7EA6590EDE2F585C9533CA67D13E97046

and we get that delicious science we have been after.

BC46BB9590FA582796369308FFB767DBCC46A1EE

fun fact - i moved the probe to take a few more screen shots and i blew it up LOL go me!

11 minutes ago, Spaceman17 said:

why everyone seem to be criticizing me for using 0.90?

It's fine if you like to use it, but the new versions are more fully featured. Fairings, for instance. And commnet. And autostrut.

Also its not really compatible with what most of the community is playing.

1 minute ago, qzgy said:

It's fine if you like to use it, but the new versions are more fully featured. Fairings, for instance. And commnet. And autostrut.

Also its not really compatible with what most of the community is playing.

stop of criticizing me!

anyhow does someone here how to modify planets?

On 8/10/2017 at 4:46 AM, Haruspex said:

It is Year 57, day 4 of the Kerbal Space Age, and the Sixth Interplanetary Expedition has arrived at Eve...

For the first time in 50 years, the poor castaway sees an object other than his suit and his flag, that is made by Kerbal hands and is not purple!!. Who said that being stranded on Eve is the end?

In Seeald's case, it's just the beginning.

It's quite compelling how we can get attached to some of those little green guys hahaha!  Great story so far, I want to see if Seeald makes it home.

Placed my first kerballed interplanetary craft into Duna orbit!  It's a lander only, the return ship is following way behind it.  Way more behind than I had planned.  It seems that on the first ship SOMEONE had neglected to put a decoupler below the transfer stage so it got stranded in a highly elliptical KO.  So another ship had to be launched with the correct part (thankfully we don't have taxpayers to answer to) and link up with the first defective return ship to haul Traski on board before setting out for Duna.  So Traski and what's his face in the second ship are going to rendezvous eventually with Valentina in the lander after she gets back into low Duna orbit, but she's probably going to be annoyed they're not three days behind her, more like three months.

11 minutes ago, Spaceman17 said:

stop of criticizing me!

anyhow does someone here how to modify planets?

This is where you're going to have problems, bruh. It's going to be very difficult to find support and get mods to work when your install is half a dozen versions out of date. You're pretty limited in what you can do with modding planets in stock, and no mod author is likely to provide support with a .90 compatible version of anything, if such can even be found. You're not being criticized, we're just telling it like it is. You'll make life much easier on yourself if you upgrade to KSP 1.3, Kopernicus planet editor is pretty easy to learn, and if you've no existing save you're trying to preserve (which modding planets would destroy anyway), there's really no reason not to upgrade. :)

32 minutes ago, Spaceman17 said:

stop of criticizing me!

It's not criticism as such. The issue with you as a mod maker using 0.90 is that if your mod is good people will want to play it, but very few people still play version 0.90.

I would advise doing any modmaking for the current latest release (in this case, 1.3) because firstly you will have a vastly greater audience for your mod than if you continue to use 0.90 (in fact, I suspect that if you continue to develop a mod for such an outdated version you might be the only person to ever use it), and secondly it will mean that you won't get anyone complaining at you for your mod not being up to date. Of course, none of this matters if your mod is only intended for personal use, but even then I don't see why you'd be using 0.90 due to the enormous improvements made to the game in more recent versions (not least the major improvements in performance).

Even if the mod you plan to make is simply for personal use, you're unlikely to find anyone willing to help you for a far outdated version of the game (as CatastrophicFailure said) simply because everyone else has moved on. People who are capable of answering questions like yours are almost guaranteed to prioritize helping everyone who is making mods for the current game version before helping someone who is still using the game as it was 2 years ago.

In short, if you want to make a mod for public use you'll be wasting your time by making it for version 0.90, and if you're making it for personal use you'd be better off upgrading to version 1.3 anyway.

Edited by eloquentJane

Well, I didn't do anything today, but a while ago, like a few months, I did a challenge with my friend. Get to the mun as fast as possible without cheating or abusing the weirdness of physics-less parts. I won, due to my experience in the game. He was pretty good too, but no match for me. 

Just now, eloquentJane said:

@qzgy Something tells me that that shuttle is a little too large for such a small base. Maybe slightly overengineered. Looks good though.

Oh yes quite excessively over engineered for such a small thing. The excess space is used inflight though for zero-g tennis.

I just launched my manned Lunar mission in RO/RP-0. I won't have time for the full writeup tonight, but I needed to say this:

I believe that I should commit myself to achieving the goal, before the weekend is out, of landing a Kerbal on the moon and returning him safely to Earth. We choose to go to the moon and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because I'm thoroughly addicted to RP-0 and am still procrastinating writing more of my mission report.