What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

12 minutes ago, DestinyPlayer said:

The problem isn't the amount of mods, since I have 12 gigs of RAM. The problem is that one of the mods seems to be the wrong version, but I'm absolutely confused about which, because I literally checked every mod's version and it is up to date. I would've considered adding/removing mods one by one, but it would take literal days because KSP also seems to load like a snail on a turtle on this setup, seemingly because my dual core (for some reason task managed splits them into four) processor is not fast enough to load textures and icons quickly.

So I'm stuck in the annoying situation where I know what to do to figure stuff out, and I have enough skills to do it, but I still can't do it because of the load time taking literal hours (most likely about one and a half or something)

Just check the log for the last thing loaded before the crash. Usually works for me, and I'm like @DeltaDizzy with enough mods that I have over 30,000 patches.

Just now, kraden said:

Just check the log for the last thing loaded before the crash. Usually works for me, and I'm like @DeltaDizzy with enough mods that I have over 30,000 patches.

The last thing that loaded used to be Universal Storage. I removed it. Now the last thing before the crash is Roverdude's Aldubierre Drive. Not only is it highly unlikely that his mod would break anyhting, but I also am absolutely certain that that specific version works with 1.3 from playing it on my laptop.

1 minute ago, Geonovast said:

<snip>

Also apparently Nokia makes the fairings.

<snip>

:0.0: ROFL I guess so...

Just now, DestinyPlayer said:

The last thing that loaded used to be Universal Storage. I removed it. Now the last thing before the crash is Roverdude's Aldubierre Drive. Not only is it highly unlikely that his mod would break anyhting, but I also am absolutely certain that that specific version works with 1.3 from playing it on my laptop.

Hmm, that is odd. I take it that you've used this same group of mods previously?

Just now, DestinyPlayer said:

More or less. There used to be ones I never used, but I've since removed them in trying to get the game to work, and it still crashes.

That sucks. I can think of other things you could try, but you probably already know them. Good luck to you!

12 hours ago, DestinyPlayer said:

More or less. There used to be ones I never used, but I've since removed them in trying to get the game to work, and it still crashes.

Most of the time, when I had issues during loading, there was some MM-patch file, which was root of the problem. I delete most MM-files, I do not use with my set of mods.

As for what I did today and yesterday: I updated my set of mods myself after some weeks of no KSP for me.

After kinda sorting out a mod issue that prevented the landship mission from continuing, I finally managed to land it. Sorry for the long wait.

The horizon aligned polar orbit made landing less than ideal since it was pretty dark. Never been so thankful for the ground effects.

Learned a fair few lessons from all this though. Any future missions should go smoother.

So I finished the Crew Command Module for the Venus mission. It provides 250 days of Life Support.

8kab2RR.jpg

The tank is only half filled and, but still weights 45 tons. I will use the heatshield for an aero-capture.

And here is a blueprint of the rocket:

P9p40qz.jpg

Edited by Julien Kerman

Built another "longship". A trip to Jool this time. Custom Hydrogen/EC engine to make the job easier. I don't want to wait around for 30-minute burn:) But it requires two large reactors to run. The round panels are NF solar panels models but serve as space dust collectors. Then hydrogen is extracted from space dust. Another shortcut as I'm bored of drilling and hauling ore around.

screenshot6.jpg

Surveyor probe:

screenshot7.jpg

1 hour ago, Nergal8617 said:

I finished up a station around Minmus.

Q80fYT3.png

What is the purpose/function of those two large docking connectors in the middle?

Edited by Kerbital

17 minutes ago, Kerbital said:

What is the purpose/function of those two large docking connectors in the middle?

Not docking connectors.  Those are part of the 5m SAS module from USI Freight Transportation Technology.

Edited by Nergal8617

2 minutes ago, Kerbital said:

Ah, thanks. They looked to me like the Clamp-O-Tron Sr to me.

They do, it looks like RoverDude just took the textures from the Clamp-O-Tron Sr and the Advanced SAS module and made a sandwich with them and then made it bigger.

Edited by Nergal8617