What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

3 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

You've got a contract for a satellite or maybe a flyby causing that. Once you complete the contract it should go away. Annoying, I know. :rolleyes:

i'll try to complete a EVE flyby (which has an oddly specific 90k-95k altitude) maybe it's that, thx very much!

Just now, CatastrophicFailure said:

Yup, that sounds like it. I've got the same thing and it's driving me nuts. 

Found it! Mariner 2 EVE flyby for me! something is kinda messed up in that contract, i'll look into what contract pact it is and report it to the mod-maker

19 minutes ago, blooder14 said:

Found it! Mariner 2 EVE flyby for me! something is kinda messed up in that contract, i'll look into what contract pact it is and report it to the mod-maker

That's Mission Controller Extended. Exactly what I got. The text isn't an error, it's there to help plan your flyby, but can be quite redundant if you've got other flight info mods like KER or MechJeb. Dunno there's much that can be done with it since @malkuth is just tapping into the stock game message system for that. 

3 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

That's Mission Controller Extended. Exactly what I got. The text isn't an error, it's there to help plan your flyby, but can be quite redundant if you've got other flight info mods like KER or MechJeb. Dunno there's much that can be done with it since @malkuth is just tapping into the stock game message system for that. 

i know but i think MOST of the crowd using mods has at least kerbal engeneer, if not mechjeb.. well i will just give my humble advice, i think it's maybe a couple of code lines to check if there's an install of KER or Mechjeb

I designed and tested a new Gilly miner.

UM7EsrW.jpg

My old miner could only operate when a pilot was on board, which I thought made sense at the time (since I'd need an engineer for maximum efficiency so why not send a pilot, too) but I've since decided that with my Moho and Eve landings complete I don't have much need to keep my Gilly station manned. Still, I'd like to have some means of getting some fuel there, hence the redesigned miner with a HECS2 probe core allowing it to operate independently. It's also lighter than the old one (that Mk2 Lander Can is heavy) and includes conveniences such as on-board science equipment (which will allow me to continue to complete "transmit science data from the surface of Gilly" contracts even after the crew has returned home.

I also like the face that nearly every part of the craft's surface is covered with some kind of greeble, with all of them serving a purpose. Makes it look more like a spaceship.

Edited by Whisky Tango Foxtrot

The stripes need some weathering but..

IMbLVw3.png

Left to right: Stock tanks, DSEV's original 2.5m tanks, remodeled "Delta" tanks in orange and Delta tanks in white. Stripes reflect the Delta IV Heavy... You can texture switch between the two coloring options.

Edited by Angel-125

6 minutes ago, blooder14 said:

Just almost got screwed over a Kerbin solar eclipse of the moon. got stuck for several minutes without power :(

I always pack a RTG.....just in case. Even a small one can be a life saver!

Just now, GDJ said:

I always pack a RTG.....just in case. Even a small one can be a life saver!

i was going for a quick contract probe, under 50k cost, RTG alone costs about 10k. For a more "sensitive mission" like planets flybys i agree a small reactor is always a good idea

Just now, blooder14 said:

i was going for a quick contract probe, under 50k cost, RTG alone costs about 10k. For a more "sensitive mission" like planets flybys i agree a small reactor is always a good idea

That is a unfortunate part of RTG's: Expense.

BUT since you made it out of the blackout okay, your under 50K probe is probably built right.

Just now, GDJ said:

That is a unfortunate part of RTG's: Expense.

BUT since you made it out of the blackout okay, your under 50K probe is probably built right.

50k is the price of the whole package booster AND probe :P by the way more like a lot of luck since the eclipse ended when i was flying about 700km above the mun, just needed a quick orbit manouver and when i was inside the Mun SOI everything was back under control

After seeing some advice from Azimech (about increasing shaft and bearing inertia with many RCS balls for stability), got a helicopter to work. Somewhat.

GRj3l78.png

Edit: Oh, and managed to break a perfectly good craft file in stockish KSP.

Edited by qzgy

2017-09-02%2014-02-42.png

I started my Gateway Space Station, in the DMP server NoNameShips Modded. Gateway is under early stages of construction. Today I launched the core and two solar trusses, and built the Type 1 Crew Module - one Hitchhiker and monopropellant, and a docking port of course. I'll launch that, and probably a few more modules, tomorrow.