What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

2 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

About three years ago I came up with an acronym: ESREP - Eve Self Refueling Exploration Plane. Today I finally have a reason to start building it...

More to come. Maybe.

About three years ago I came up with an acronym: ESREP - Eve Self Refueling Exploration Plane. Today I finally have a reason to start building it...

More to come. Maybe.

Department of Redundancy Department. :wink:

@eddiew y'know you can get that "flying low" EVA report by just jumping, right? :sticktongue:

I've been too busy to play for the past several weeks, but yesterday, I got a "new" (refurbished) computer, so I had to install the game and try it on the new iron.  Core i7-3250, 2.9 GHz, and Intel graphics turns out to give almost identical performance to a Core2Quad, 2.7 GHz, with nVidia GTx950.  Both with 8 GB RAM.  Apparently, the i7-3250 is old enough its single core performance relative to clock speed just about matches the older chip.

Still, I have a second computer that I can use to play the game without lag-inducing mods, and it's a HUGE step up from my old laptop (Core2Duo 1.8 GHz with 2 GB RAM, clock speed is cut about in half when on battery).  All I actually did in KSP was to launch Jeb in a Jumping Flea a couple times, with and without Scatterer -- but it was more than I've done in 3-4 weeks...

On 9/1/2017 at 7:14 PM, CatastrophicFailure said:

That's Mission Controller Extended. Exactly what I got. The text isn't an error, it's there to help plan your flyby, but can be quite redundant if you've got other flight info mods like KER or MechJeb. Dunno there's much that can be done with it since @malkuth is just tapping into the stock game message system for that. 

Should be able to turn off the flight assist in settings.  If not than its a bug and will look into it. :)  Just did a rewrite of settings etc last patch so might of missed something with that.

27 minutes ago, malkuth said:

Should be able to turn off the flight assist in settings.  If not than its a bug and will look into it. :)  Just did a rewrite of settings etc last patch so might of missed something with that.

Settings menu, gotcha. Shoulda checked there first. :blush: I'm using an old version for 1.2.2, so don't waste any time hunting a bug that's probably not there on my account. 

Love the mod,  by the way. Even works in alternate planet packs with a bit of save file tweaking. :D

Today was about things that float, I sent  a stock MK2 based amphibious boat out to the island off the the coast of the Kerbal Space Center. I climbed the tower for the first time and took this somewhat iconic picture.

36595701330_1207593353_o.jpg

Next I landed a lander can in the water off the coast. It worked so well that I added a science lab too it. that worked too, so I sent the craft to Laythe. I forgot how long it takes to get to Jool, but I did make it.

36157219364_a22ed86575_o.jpg

I was a bit disappointed that the science lab was not half under water.

36184057833_fd51ffd53e_o.jpg

Edited by Ty Tan Tu

1 hour ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Settings menu, gotcha. Shoulda checked there first. :blush: I'm using an old version for 1.2.2, so don't waste any time hunting a bug that's probably not there on my account. 

Love the mod,  by the way. Even works in alternate planet packs with a bit of save file tweaking. :D

Cool, glad your enjoying it. :)  Good to hear that it works pretty well in alternate planet packs I have some pretty funny not very scientific math equations to get the general ball park distances right for contracts.. Works most time. :)

43 minutes ago, malkuth said:

Cool, glad your enjoying it. :)  Good to hear that it works pretty well in alternate planet packs I have some pretty funny not very scientific math equations to get the general ball park distances right for contracts.. Works most time. :)

Well, since you mentioned it, I'm still trying to figure out how to tunnel halfway to the core of the planet for those -3000km contract orbits, but the game's about challenge, right? :D

2 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Well, since you mentioned it, I'm still trying to figure out how to tunnel halfway to the core of the planet for those -3000km contract orbits, but the game's about challenge, right? :D

Kerbal crust program?

6 hours ago, malkuth said:

i can't find it anywhere in settings, both in main menu -> setting and pause -> settings. I also tried the space center icon but there is no "settings" button and no luck either on the mod folder :/

Launched a communication satellite without touching a key.

All processes are controlled by a set of SmartParts controllers. RemoteTech autopilot imitates the third stage's gyroscope, which is needed for a final burn. I don't touch the keyboard after launch (and the RemoteTech ensures that I can do nothing, even if I try to steer :)).

Had to shorten the launch rail and lift the rocket above the truck to avoid collisions.

By the way, the satellite weights 131 kg. and the rocket -- 2,4 tons (and it is still a bit overpowered :)).

8 hours ago, blooder14 said:

i can't find it anywhere in settings, both in main menu -> setting and pause -> settings. I also tried the space center icon but there is no "settings" button and no luck either on the mod folder :/

It's accessed from the MCE icon in the Space Center scene. There's a radio button for Settings, then Flight Assist or something like that, just set to "disable."

7 hours ago, Shnyrik said:

Launched a communication satellite without touching a key.

All processes are controlled by a set of SmartParts controllers. RemoteTech autopilot imitates the third stage's gyroscope, which is needed for a final burn. I don't touch the keyboard after launch (and the RemoteTech ensures that I can do nothing, even if I try to steer :)).

Had to shorten the launch rail and lift the rocket above the truck to avoid collisions.

By the way, the satellite weights 131 kg. and the rocket -- 2,4 tons (and it is still a bit overpowered :)).

What mods do you use to get that launch site?

I installed Mk3 Expansion again after catching some fresh Skylon hype, and built this. It does contain parts from just one other mod (the scramjets from Mk2 Expansion) but they're completely unneeded. My hype was beyond satisfied as this craft took a Big Orange to Mun.... I can't recall the last time I built a spaceplane (without OPT) that can reach Mun. Maybe I never did......

Only last night did I learn that Skylon had a center engine for OMS so I fit one in.....The ugly Poodle. It has a just satisfying enough TWR but it's the best stock vacuum LFO engine (I don't want any more mods in this plane).

There are three variants of the craft file for this. The changes are all in the main wings and nacelles. I'd kinda like to work those Mk3 chines out of the design.

q4IDfNA.jpg

DCM7AIR.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Thanks to @JadeOfMaar and @OhioBob, I've continued work on the Nonchocyum star system. My goal is to have 0.2.0 ready for release sometimeTM after next Satirday

0.2.0 will include:

• Change from DropBox to GitHub for mod hosting.
  • three-ring system added to Nohochocyum.
  • Planetoid (remnants of the "super Kerbin" to be located 1/3 from the inner edge of the third ring set.
  • Attempting to start the wiki on this system.

bkFaToW.png

Again, none of the progress I've made on this project would have been possible without the assistance, help, (and rewriting of my bad coding) by @OhioBob and @JadeOfMaar. Thank you...

40 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Satirday

Yes, that day when we celebrate all satires.

In all seriousness, looks nice. Can you interact with the rings or is it just something in map view?

Edited by qzgy