What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

2 hours ago, Colonel Cbplayer said:

It is too heavy to even stand right now but I can make it light enough to walk with cheats. I'll do that tomorrow because I gonna go to bed right now

This dude. This dude right here. This dude is how I feel coming home after today. Right down to the little dude bailing from the big dude's head all like, "flarp this scat, I'm out." And not being able to stand without cheats. And going to bed.

Yeeeahhh, I need to go to bed. The mre I watch the funnier it gets and now I'm laughing out loud and th cats are staring at me. And also, a pox on you, mobile editor.

Edited by CatastrophicFailure

Umm....

I seem to be missing something.

CBx0v8M.png

There isn't even any wreckage..

FwkmLLX.png

Hm.....

tEwvQyb.pngirBMiij.png

3pshCZT.png

Do you think anyone will notice?

Seriously though, who stole my dang VAB? Buildings ain't cheap you know, and the dignity of my space program is at stake.

49 minutes ago, Tw1 said:

Umm....

I seem to be missing something.

CBx0v8M.png

There isn't even any wreckage..

FwkmLLX.png

Hm.....

tEwvQyb.pngirBMiij.png

3pshCZT.png

Do you think anyone will notice?

Seriously though, who stole my dang VAB? Buildings ain't cheap you know, and the dignity of my space program is at stake.

What the heck!? Where did it go?

8 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

This dude. This dude right here. This dude is how I feel coming home after today. Right down to the little dude bailing from the big dude's head all like, "flarp this scat, I'm out." And not being able to stand without cheats. And going to bed.

Yeeeahhh, I need to go to bed. The mre I watch the funnier it gets and now I'm laughing out loud and th cats are staring at me. And also, a pox on you, mobile editor.

That was this week at work.

19 hours ago, Azimech said:

Curious to see if I can pull this off. Stock aircraft with real control surfaces. Never mind the controls are reversed at the moment, I'm already happy it doesn't fall apart on the spot!

The reason? KSP control surfaces have magical properties: they don't use a resource and don't suffer from compressibility effects or even control reversal, something all WW2 pilots had to deal with at high speeds.

ZjvR7w6.png

Ic8tiTa.png

jdXot4K.png

That's a lot of linkages to build and adjust ... and lots of possible points of failure.

May kraken bless your poor , poor PC;.;

LnuFXKE.png

A long time ago... A civilization build a orb in the skies above. Using the burning soul of a star as its light and heat... And consisting of millions of times that of the surface area of Kerbin...

To maintain the Haven they had created, they left 3 constructions in orbit around their Achievement...

djjuacW.png

They left a orb to maintain their creation, and to provide their civilization with energy and matter to thrive with...

GTxDVgb.png\

They left a orb to keep their haven safe...

uB3tIEL.png

And one to store the knowledge they had acquired over their civilizations history...

After they had constructed the 4 worlds... They withdrawn into their own creation, never to be heard of again...

39 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

@Gameslinx Cool. :cool: What's the home world, now that Kerbin is a bit... past it's prime?

Kerbals moved to Duna! Originally it was going to be Laythe but there are an awful lot of problems when Kerbin is placed around anything other than the sun (main star). Hopefully it makes for interesting gameplay, still!

Has anybody once build a stock jet rover that could do a cruise speed of 90 meter per second (325 kp/h or 200mph) using a autopilot (mechjeb) traversing 300 kilometers (action radius) without damaging itself when hitting hills as it goes? 
Basically I build a rover that could leave itself unattended as described and find itself one hour later 300km away from the KSC without damage at said speeds going over terrain.
I think this is quite a extraordinary feet. Not necessarily in terms of top speed, but in terms of survivability/durability at greater surface speeds.

I haven't seend such a design yet, not sure if it's that spectacular, I wanna know. It was quite the build getting the suspension right on the ruggedized wheels without it doing weird stuff on terrain bumps. I haven't seen such a vehicle as of yet so I'm wondering...

I made such a thing and I'll put it on KerbalX once it's fine tuned.in the next few days. 

6l7hZ0V.jpg

pTC8laH.jpg

Check mission timer...

It has run on full power reaching speeds of 85-95 m/s continuously. No damage whatsoever, and it didn't pop a tire after travelling 300 kilometers at said speed. It even beats moderate mountains without popping wheels. No not hills, I said mountains. 
It was a hell to finetune all the settings.
I wanted a newb proof terrestrial rover to quikly traverse great distances with a very good mileage over 200 miles. I know one could build a 20 m/s rover and use 4x timewarp. It's not about that though, more the design achievement at that. I hope everyone likes it.

Anyone interested in such a thing? Worth putting it on KerbalX?