What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Landed 10km away from one of the extra relay stations to go check it out finally.

screenshot457.png

screenshot464.png

screenshot465.png

Look, I'm a rocket!

screenshot468.png

screenshot473.png

This plane's much easier to land than I'd expected.  Even managed to technically get it on the runway at KSC - which I've never managed to do before.

screenshot481.png

This guy could fly for about 5 hours straight at 2/3 throttle.

I did all this yesterday. I was going to post it yesterday, but I didn't have enough time. I also ALWAYS forget to take screenshots. I'll try to take some screenshots of the vehicles later and put them in this post.

After 5-10 failed Mun missions, I finally managed to plant a flag on the Mun and return to Kerbin. It seems like asparagus staging solved all my fuel problems :P 

Then I took the same craft to Minmus and back successfully (on my first try!), and I had about three times more leftover fuel than I had at the end of the Mun mission. I also somehow generated 500 science from that one Minmus mission...

Then I made a pretty cool mini rover with my newly unlocked rover wheels. It has a top speed of around 11 m/s unpowered on Kerbin, but if you crank the Spark engine up to full throttle it gets past 100 m/s.

And today I modified my Mun lander to be able to transport a payload up into orbit. I then used it to launch my very first communications satellite into LKO.

So, I guess I've done quite a lot recently.

Edited by [insert_name_here]

54 minutes ago, Colonel Cbplayer said:

I invented a blood sport

Fun fact those vector engines are not shrink down

They are full size

Also want to thank @flywlyx for the gundam sword mod

Ok, I am trying to decide if is a mix of Eureka Seven and Evangelion... Or only Eva. 

I like that sport, Kerbal is full of possibilities.

An amazing work, thanks to sharing it. 

10 hours ago, Colonel Cbplayer said:

I invented a blood sport

I don't know - taking out the board strikes me as something that should be worth a DQ. You know, kinda like going after the horse in jousting...

As for me, it was a planes weekend. I landed the second of two Auk IX 4-passenger spaceplanes from the Kerbinport space station at KSC 09, then landed an Auk II 8-passenger spaceplane at KSC 09, again starting from Kerbinport. The second of these flights netted me about √500k and cleared seven contracts all at once, 4 passenger and 3 rescue. Next on the agenda was an Auk III fuel delivery spaceplane, which was sent to Kerbinport; it arrived successfully, delivered its paywad and then returned safely to KSC 27. Last but not least was an Auk VIII heavy refueling spaceplane, which once again delivered its payload to Kerbinport. As of this morning, that plane is still at Kerbinport awaiting return to the surface, a job that I've got waiting for me later today. What can I say - the three ferry ships guzzled up a lot of gas on their last set of runs, but it was definitely worth it. 

Among the replacement contracts, I also did about half-a-dozen piddly little garbage missions (sci data from mun, sci from Minmus, orbital sci from places I have space stations and kerbals present, etc.). Found out that KIS explosives make parts testing way moar fun...

4iRt3pn.png
This is the Kerbal equivalent of lighting a Black Cat and throwing it away at just the right time so it explodes in mid-air. Except this way you can't see the fuse. Plus bigger boom...

is0B0zY.png
Sorry, Newburry - we didn't get you in the shot; we're going to have to do another take...

Edited by capi3101

Took a bit of a break from my normal modding work, and played with some (mostly stock) aero stuff.

The 'Gremling' series of aircraft (which were supposed to be 'Gremlin', but my overzealous typing...).  Nothing special, just small'ish highly acrobatic aircraft.  Dual/symmetrical rudders result in no yaw->roll coupling, and they are all capable of (intentional) flat spins, waterfalls, and nearly any other maneuver I am capable of doing.

(Micro -> Mini -> Standard)

gmxlwLH.png

acTJE6t.png

Jeb approves of the micro version:

kZMHDYT.png

Loves the handling and maneuverability...

Ww2VB1C.png

And that you can walk away from 'rough' landings :)

lChI6dS.png

Originally these craft started as a test of some of the ALG functions (scaling / angling / strut extension), but were so fun to play with... I just kept tinkering with them.

I developed a new moon lander for two Kerbals

B1QyFAJ.jpg

Ascent module: ~3.5 tons, 1800m/s deltaV // descent module:~ 9 tons, 2700m/s deltaV (I dont remember the exact mass values)

2KcCciN.jpg

It is powered by 4 x FASA Gemini Lander Engines (13kN each)

wz7Gaog.jpg

I think i will perform manned tests soon.

Edited by Julien Kerman

18 hours ago, [insert_name_here] said:

Then I took the same craft to Minmus and back successfully (on my first try!), and I had about three times more leftover fuel than I had at the end of the Mun mission. I also somehow generated 500 science from that one Minmus mission...

Yeah, Minmus science is worth more. Although it's about +200m/s d/v for you initial burn for a Minmus intercept, you burn way less fuel landing and reorbiting, so it's easier to get there overall.

Returning is easier too, since it's easier to escape Minmus' SOI and then you can aerobrake your way home.

@GenesisPlayz

I have never tried to make a robot walker myself...
But seeing this and I'm like, how do you make it?

Can you advice me with some very basic link. One getting me into a general direction to what knowledge needs to be obtained in order to make such a thing? Or is there no particular knowledge you need other then pure creativity?

You can be proud ofyouself, but I'm sure you were already :sticktongue:

8 minutes ago, Helmetman said:

@GenesisPlayz

I have never tried to make a robot walker myself...
But seeing this and I'm like, how do you make it?

Can you advice me with some very basic link. One getting me into a general direction to what knowledge needs to be obtained in order to make such a thing? Or is there no particular knowledge you need other then pure creativity?

You can be proud of youself, but I'm sure you were already :sticktongue:

I am very sorry to say, but i didn't make this. :(

@Colonel Cbplayer Did it, ask him :wink: 

And maybe this video, it teaches you basic hinges which might come in handy :D 

Good luck!

EDIT: Ye, pure creativity might come in handy too!

Edited by GenesisPlayz

I got a little more familiar with part upgrades, as introduced by Squad for the DLC, with much help from the many examples of it in @Angel-125 'S MOLE mod, and added the NOS Rocket feature to Mk2 Expansion's J-58 engine (Mk2 Whiplash). I took no screenshots but the FX look like this earlier screenshot. Tall and straight flame with a sweet, wispy end.

Don't breathe these fumes. One can end up laughing uncontrollably.

vLVCN9P.jpg

My Pol ships have been busy. After several runs to Foothold Base (BTW, I absolutely love mining on Pol. Similar gravity to Minmus but with a much slower rotation speed making landings a lot easier and days a lot longer) I was able to build up some substantial fuel reserves. I then decoupled the twin satellites in polar orbit around the moon, leaving one in orbit and using the still-attached tug to rendezvous with Foothold Station, refuel, and then head to Laythe to deposit the second satellite into a polar orbit around that body. Finally able to conduct scans of the watery moon, I sent my Moth-class science plane on an unmanned trip to make the first landing on Laythe.

vpEGRCy.png

5Zu3751.jpg

t9iAUHQ.jpg

The landing went smoothly and I was able to touch down on a small island on Laythe's equator. That island was chosen due to its high ore concentration, as the Moth is now acting as a marker to allow an en-route mining base to more easily hit its target without constantly having to refer back to orbital scans. The landing site is unfortunately on the far side of Laythe from Jool, so there will be no view of the Gassy Green Giant in its sky. Seems like a nice place for a base otherwise; a large expanse of fairly flat terrain that should make it fairly easy to land SSTOs there. The Moth is not an SSTO, though, and will remain in Laythe's atmosphere permanently, lacking any form of rocket engine.

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I finished my Homestead Mk3 inflatable module for DSEV. This is the third version of the module, and the best one yet:

TycWFFD.png

XitUhCq.png

Fkp3S8x.png

I feel like Spongebob in that episode where he tries to survive in Sandy's bubble without water.  I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I landed on Bop.

IfYPRgp.png

No crew, no science experiments, and the ship I used was never designed to land (hence the lack of any kind of landing gear.) It was, however, designed to cross interplanetary distances and I've since come up with a tweaked version of its design that does its job a bit better, so I'm going to send this one back to Kerbin, load it onto an SSTO and land it. Since it's destined for recovery on Kerbin I decided I might as well land it on Bop, too, thereby accomplishing that annoying "recover a vessel that's landed on X" accomplishment. The actual landing, where I bring science experiments and do some useful tasks on the world's surface, will wait until my first Joolian crew arrives.

In the final analysis, not much was accomplished yesterday. The Auk VIII heavy tanker spaceplane I launched to the Kerbinport space station the day before returned safely to KSC 27, having delivered its payload to the various craft at the station. After that the Auk Ia 2-passenger spaceplane at the station commenced a double-rescue op to pick up scientist Phildan Kerman and pilot Paley Kerman from LKO. Both kerbals were retrieved and the plane returned safely to KSC 09. A replacement contract for the rescue missions included a five-tourist contract to both of Kerbin's moons, so the two recent rescuees along with scientist Bobkin Kerman were loaded into an Auk II 8-passenger spaceplane along with the five tourists, and are now waiting for the launch window with the space station. They'll probably head up later today. Plan is to send them out with Nelny Kerman aboard Next Objective, which has been sitting in the barn for quite some time now.

Spent the rest of my time fiddling about with @RoverDude's Alcubierre Drive mod. So far I'm liking it; the conservation of momentum is something I'm still getting used to, and I can see that recharging the warp units is going to be a tricky proposition with the parts I have available. Running them is certainly simple enough. So far I've visited Dres and Laythe, though I've yet to put myself into a course that would lead to a successful orbit around either. Hoping to find a good tutorial for this mod. I'm already thinking about how I might be able to incorporate it into my career save...got to figure out what I'm doing in the litterbox first.