What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Worked on a few cars.  They don't handle particularly well (yet) but they do pack quite a bit of speed, usually capable of 100m/s+.  Stock parts with TweakScale for panel sizing and DCK for the paintjobs and rims.

Edit: Speaking of, is there a wheel tuning guide somewhere on these forums?  So far I've been basically just adjusting random values and seeing what happens... :blush: )

R-5 Turismo

tdkdkhp.png

Rl1N45x.png

LZiyzad.png

R-6 Kadet

UXvuz2c.png

96gfnsV.png

Also took a comparison shot of my newest car vs my first one from this batch... they've been getting much smaller over time, apparently.  (R-6 on the left and R-1 on the right)

qGgVyBe.png

Edited by Slam_Jones
Grammar

Work continues on my First Joolian Mission. Last night I put a survey orbiter around Minmus. Pretty basic stuff, but it was fun after designing spacecraft for several nights to actually launch one!

z3TsrAR.jpg?1

She's a modified version of my Kerbin Science Orbiter. Not much more than a reactor, survey dish, and an antenna. But she's got 29,000 dV in that Ion engine!

Edited by scottadges

The botany lab and the non-propellant tank modules arrived at the MOLE core station. Afterwards I tried designing a 2-seat escape craft, and did a suborbital test launch and test landing. It went very well-- even perfect. I'm hesitant to send it up as I'd like it to have 3+ seats. As I write this I realize I'm designing it wrong-- giving it enough dV to get to the station from low orbit, rather than just enough to deorbit.

EHeYACm.jpg

ZET7Fgt.jpg

GWa4kPw.jpg

Later on I setup Galactic Neighborhood, GPP, Extrasolar and OPM in a fresh 1.3.1 install. I forgot to actually look for OPM in the neighborhood as I was happy enough just to finally see some neighborhood stars and see Extrasolar up close-- though without any visual mods installed. 

as a reward for their long and faithfull service (and because i kinda allways wanted to build a wheel station) i decided that jeb, bill, bob and val were to get their own little space staion and a sweet ride to get them there

so here is my first space wheel station and a small shuttle to get the guys there (and also lets them visit other orbital installations)

70468C98E30646B8DFD5EEF397F70847C3BBD01D

1929F0911EABA841E9ABAF48D3C1FF832BEBE280

AEC12E3CC81B5AEC084FF684142DE54756422A2A

4 hours ago, scottadges said:

Not tryna be the "I got more" guy. But I got 22380 (or thereabouts) :)

I'm pushing that, and it is only going to grow as i make more custom modifications via patches... (Engines I mod then need patches for stock revamp and real plume etc)

Though i have had play throughs with 40K+

Decided to attempt a quick sandbox adventure in the stock system. Something without life support and which I can race through. So in comes the prototype "Laythe Sailor" medium SSTO and its transfer ship.

The plane was supposed to not be an SSTO and have some drop tanks but for whatever reason, staged tanks of any sort just wouldn't drain first.

y8XcnxB.jpg

9sU9Rej.jpg

5sNBNZc.jpg

Today I worked on my SSTO Viper... Ya OK everyone has built one of those, but mine has a little something extra...

Image may contain: sky, nature and outdoor

It's docked to the Battlestar Galactica

No automatic alt text available.

- Jett

Edit: Now I have to start working on the rag tag fugitive fleet...

Edited by Jett_Quasar

Made a combination part-hauler/tug/refueller, with a non-stacking drill on the nose, and a claw on the tail (using SpaceY interstage fairing).

neHifmk.jpg

Discovered that I can plan orbital rendezvous using MechJeb's Hohmann transfer planner!!!

fiVJTnS.png

After the tug rendezvoused, attached the rear-facing drill using construction ports.  Then landed the miner on (Galileo's) Iota.

cOj0yV6.jpg

(Mods pictured:  USI, Kerbal Foundries2, Ven's Stock Revamp, Stockalike Mining Extension, MechJeb, SpaceY, Galileo's Planet Pack)

I came across the best natural "fake" visual I've ever seen.  By "fake", I mean a scene that looks more like it was shot on a soundstage than actually in space.  And by "natural", I mean it really was in space but looked fake, as opposed to actually being a deliberate fake such as in the Faking a Moon Landing challenge.

So here was are.  As you can see, it looks very much like the space station's lights are shining on a scale model of the planet's surface stuck to the soundstage wall only about 10m behind the "model" of the station.  Actually, the station is full size and 180km above the real planet surface.

37505175480_6dac3936bc_b.jpg

48 minutes ago, Julien Kerman said:

Almost 5 years ago I sent this probe all the way up to Jupiters SOI, and now after a successful reentry it has landed. 

Bravo!

I notice the RCS puffing on your reentry vehicle, was it unstable?

Just now, JadeOfMaar said:

Why is there a ....gas giant in the picture? What planet mod do you have? :o

This is Alternis Kerbol, where you have all the same bodies as in stock, but their orbits are totally rearranged.  In AK, Kerbin is one of moons of Jool.  Also, they've all had custom geographical and/or color makeovers (hence Jool is blue and the map of Kerbin is very different) and a fair number have also had changes to size/gravity/atmosphere.  Plus Eve has rings.

On 10/17/2017 at 7:29 AM, scottadges said:

Work continues on my First Joolian Mission. Last night I put a survey orbiter around Minmus. Pretty basic stuff, but it was fun after designing spacecraft for several nights to actually launch one!

z3TsrAR.jpg?1

She's a modified version of my Kerbin Science Orbiter. Not much more than a reactor, survey dish, and an antenna. But she's got 29,000 dV in that Ion engine!

Which mods do the reactor and antenna come from?