What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

2 minutes ago, Geschosskopf said:

This is Alternis Kerbol, where you have all the same bodies as in stock, but their orbits are totally rearranged. </snip>

Yay...another one to throw onto the pile...

Those calculations are what I've been up to for the past couple of days. The figures for Suthe Planet Pack are giving me headaches as we speak; guessing it was coded on a UNIX-based machine (I say that because the .cfg files don't play nice with Notepad on Windows 10...). Three (now four) more sets to go at this point.

47 minutes ago, regex said:

Bravo!

I notice the RCS puffing on your reentry vehicle, was it unstable?

I locked the probe on the retrograde marker, this is why it kept firing the thrusters in order to stay exactly on point.

Actually the probe would have been stable enough without the RCS.

2 hours ago, Immersive said:

Discovered that I can plan orbital rendezvous using MechJeb's Hohmann transfer planner!!!

I’ve found this is the quickest, and by far most efficient way to rendezvous, vs MechJeb’s own rendezvous planner. Once you’ve a feel for things, launch a little ahead/higher or behind/lower from your target, then use Hohmann planner>Fine tune>Match Velocity. Much quicker than moving thru phasing orbits, and you’re less likely to come hurtling at your target at hundreds of meters per second. 

Worked a bit more on my latest racing car.  The R-6 Kadet RNS (racing, no spoiler) is the smallest and lightest car I've produced yet, powered only by 2x Junos (as opposed to my usual 6).  This means it tops out at about 88.6m/s (YMMV), but due to the short wheelbase and a few tuning hints from @LABenterprises it now handles very well.  You can whip it into a corner at basically any speed with no fear of rolling (on flat terrain, at least), and it is capable of sustaining a drift at about 13m/s.  This makes it (in my mind) suitable as a trainer car, or a dedicated drifter.  The R-6, like all my racing cars, is equipped with a boost flap, brake lights, running lights, and high beams.

Visually, it's not the most dazzling, as I was also trying to reduce my usual part count and avoid gaudy, oversized spoilers.

KerbalX link: https://kerbalx.com/Slam_Jones/R-6-Kadet-RNS

kXWfG7l.png

1QTGwaL.png

HyqR3fh.png

It's been great fun to drive around KSC and surrounding area.  Also currently using Kerbal Konstructs to try to make a racing track just off the runway.  We'll see how that turns out!

Edited by Slam_Jones

The STS 6698 'Cassiopea' (top) with my Orbital Manufacturing Platform 'Foundry' having completed construction on a new Hab cargo module for the shuttle. After some docking hyjinks in the dark, I'm rewarded with an eclipse. :)

lEEyalJ.jpg

Edited by scottadges

33 minutes ago, scottadges said:

The STS 6698 'Cassiopea' (top) with my Orbital Manufacturing Platform 'Foundry' having completed construction on a new Hab cargo module for the shuttle. After some docking hyjinks in the dark, I'm rewarded with an eclipse. :)

lEEyalJ.jpg

Everybody has had that moment. I canceled a BD Amory battle because of an eclipse:

https://imgur.com/a/CDhPk 

Edited by UranianBlue

3 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Made a new header for my profile here:

36QEGbt.png

And did a second launch and test flight of a new shuttle system I am working on...

lOvaAHo.png

joGnDxH.png

TIOKB8i.png

No offense but I might legit steal parts of this design from you lol. Good job on this one.

13 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

. . . :blink:

Why do I get the feeling this will instead be used to instantly vaporize scores of hapless Kerbals? :wink:

It won't be instant.  They have to survive until impact so we can measure distance and altitude records :)

Not much.. Had to anually delete some asteroids as they where likely causing some issues with my current save. Where if I tried to switch over to a craft in map view it sometimes selected another craft that was not even in the same SOI. So far deleting the roids seems to have worked also have been able to go to roids with ? on them and treat them as found and intercpted crafts (get within 2.5 km or so) as well as currently tracked but never been visited roids. Still did not have enough fuel for the first of 3 stages for a retro grade Rescue Kerbal Contract. Had to use second to last stage to finish it off to an acceptable Pe above the Sun and a little left over to at lest adjust the AD/DN to zero before running out. Was hoping to havea lot more fuel there so that it could be used to slow down and a little bit to do the next before swiching to the final stage which is Ion Drive. Hopefully it will have enough fuel to not only finish the manuevers. But, enough to get a Kerbin Intercpt and maybe. Just maybe enough to get a stable orbit around Kerbin to boot. But, here is a nice floating rock pic:

A03947F5DC4D432D10C09B9AC6C69F180E9769CF

I designed a new rover.
7ghc0Sa.jpg

It's meant for Duna, but it gets up to 48m/s on Kerbin. It can be controlled either remotely or directly via the command seat on top, and can carry two Kerbals in its crew cabin. I wanted something with an enclosed cabin (as opposed to my previous rovers, which only had command seats) so that it could be used to allow Kerbals to replenish their EVA propellant if they're stranded far from my mining base.

LER8Rhg.jpg

It's quite stylish, if I do say so myself.

Today I decided to try the new kind of SSTO showed by @wiskeytangofoxtrot3 few weeks ago.

Spoiler
On 24/9/2017 at 4:25 AM, Whisky Tango Foxtrot said:

I've also been experimenting with a new type of SSTO.

iN68Lwj.jpg

BEZi5WC.png

Ok, I like it I think that I could improve the design, but is a good solution.  

Also is my first upload to KerbalX

Edited by obi_juan