SPECS:

Mass: 110 tons

Dry Mass: 44 tons

7x LV-N Nerva

16 seats + 2 in lab

2x Clamp-O-Tron Standard

1 Clamp-O-Tron Combo Port

12 minutes ago, ARS said:

Sending more modules for my asteroid base (From left to right: Nuclear industrial center, Crew quarters, Communication tower)

GfqNs3S.png

Let's attach it one by one...

wNmDCHa.png

Hmmm... That looks like a mess. Let's tidy it up a bit

ZED8O0i.png

There! More like that, looks better

JRvFFXv.png

More modules will be added later, probably mining rig, laboratory and external chair for crew to relax outside (Or having the VIP seat of doom whenever the asteroid decided to head on a collision course with kerbin)

That's all for today :)

Dang. Nice 'roid base

2 hours ago, FeofileGrotter said:

HOW?! Gemini to the Mun? OK. Can you upload a screenshot with take-off? I'm interested about the rocket... Saturn V? Titan IV? Delta II? N1-L3? Soyuz? Ariane V? 

Before Apollo was a confirmed project, there were proposals to send Gemini to the moon in real life.  They'd have docked with a separately launched upper stage, like the Agena (later the name was changed to Centaur, still in service well into the Shuttle era) that was the docking target for Gemini 8 (?), used that to push them (backward) to Lunar orbit, then used one of several proposed Gemini-based landers to descend to the Lunar surface and return.  The whole thing could have been done with the same Atlas and Titan boosters that launched Mercury and Gemini capsules.  Atlas-Agena supplied a fueled upper stage in orbit, Gemini-Titan had enough spare delta-V to launch an upgraded capsule with lander stages, and Bob's your uncle.  Would have been possible to land on the Moon in 1968, but NASA decided it was too risky to push the Gemini capsule that far and by the time Gemini had demonstrated docking, Apollo and the Saturn family were already under construction.

3 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I finished DSEV's Zen Greenhouse:

phJDryx.png

I feel like it needs a little something more.  All the plants would instantly die if someone opened the hatch in a non-Kerbin biome.  They either ought to have airtight enclosures built into the shelves, or have an interior wall flush with the ladder to have enough space for an airlock.  

I mean, with other parts that is less of a worry because the Kerbals inside can put on helmets and depressurize the entire compartment, but not so with the plants.

Z6iVJVa.jpg

@FeofileGrotter Hi. This is the launch vehicle i used. It is TITAN IIIC'ish. The Gemini Capsule and the TITAN II parts are from my mod "The Gusmobile". The solid boosters and the Transtage ( Checkered fuel tank with 2 RL-10 LFEs ) are from the FASA mod. You cannot see the Transtage in my previous screenshot due to the angle of the shot and it was used for the Trans Munar Injection, Munar Orbit Insertion and Trans Kerbin Injection. I also done this with the Agena Target Vehicle as @Zeiss Ikon suggested (also from "The Gusmobile" mod) although it was a bit more difficult. This is on 1.3.1 with Tac Life Support for added challenge. The electrical charge and monopropellant used by the fuel cell were just enough to complete this.

Edited by silentvelcro

I was trying to make a 700 or so part plane. I've done worse things, so I thought this should be easy, right? NOPE!! I get some Memory Allocation error, besides the one that says "Sorry your game crashed".

Breaking KSP is fun....

8 hours ago, ARS said:

*snip*

More modules will be added later, probably mining rig, laboratory and external chair for crew to relax outside (Or having the VIP seat of doom whenever the asteroid decided to head on a collision course with kerbin)

That's all for today :)

qmz7Jsg.png
From Collaboration Space Station, but beer can idea is much older (I think I saw usage of rescalled antennae as straw).

Made a Mk3 spaceplane today and tried out Snacks LS, my ARP icons for Snacks and Soil, the EVAFuel mod, and my own mod Airline Kuisine (which is waiting on IFI LS). :P And found glitches or deficiencies that are easily handled. The plane in its current form is rated for only 15 tons to 100km but it handles well. And I finally met with (the return of) the dreaded "jumping" of landed craft after time warp or physics load.

* Scenic landing screenshot on bingo fuel.

* In stock-scale side game.

QJtF2cu.jpg

Y7nj5aL.jpg

After doing some more work on Interstellar Adventure Revived (and broke the game with a 13 km flying saucer moon), I went back to messing with BD Armory and stuff with TweakScale.

BOUyppR.png

05RDbtK.png

LvHkmFb.png

h9gFhNp.png

7nWp8GW.pngAs you can see, I was quite bored.

Some Interstellar Adventure Revived development screenshots:

LzscMzM.png

NrPy9Qm.png

o7Bcu2k.png

vgC0KrI.png

4 hours ago, Stratzenblitz75 said:

Today, I went to Duna and back... Using only electric power and xenon:

*Head explodes*

Seriously, I can barely even get to duna with an overpowered rocket and you do it with an 800 meter giant quadcopter catapault? STOCK?!

Edited by PaperAviator

22 minutes ago, PaperAviator said:

Seriously, I can barely even get to duna with an overpowered rocket and you do it with an 800 meter giant quadcopter catapault? STOCK?!

Though the video is certainly very impressive, the reason you can't make it to Duna in an incredibly powerful rocket is probably because you're doing something wrong. The main possibilities for mistakes that could make interplanetary travel unnecessarily difficult are as follows:

1) Ascent. Generally if people need an "overpowered" rocket to get anywhere at all in stock KSP it's probably because they're not doing a gravity turn properly. You want to start turning once you reach 100m/s vertical, continue turning gradually and be pointing about 45° above the horizon by the time you're at 8km altitude, and level out from there before cutting the throttle once you reach your intended apoapsis. If your rocket flips when you try to do this, you need to redesign it. It's possible to reach Kerbin orbit with under 3500m/s of delta-v for an experienced pilot who does a gravity turn properly in a well-built rocket; going straight up to an altitude where you think the atmosphere won't tear your rocket apart and then doing a 90° sideways flip can waste delta-v in excess of 2000m/s.

2) Transfer window. Generally speaking (though highly-elliptical orbits can have significant effects on this) the time you want to do your interplanetary transfer is when you can draw a tangent line from your current planet's orbit, and that tangent line will roughly hit your destination (with the innermost planet further behind in its orbit than the outermost planet). Then burn prograde above the sunset to go to a planet further out than your current location (e.g. Kerbin ==> Duna transfer) or above the sunrise to go to a planet with a lower orbit than your current location (e.g. Duna ==> Kerbin transfer). There are ways of calculating the exact angles you need, but approximating using tangents usually works fairly well.

3) Vehicle design and payload. If you've got the above two points but you still need a massively excessive rocket to reach Duna, the problem is almost certainly your design. It's possible to go to Duna with a direct ascent profile (e.g. a single rocket launch and no docking) and that's presumably the method you're using. That's not a bad method, it's simple and is generally the most effective method for beginners to interplanetary travel as it reduces mission complexity in what is possibly already the most difficult mission they've attempted. But there are good ways of doing it and bad ways of doing it. You'll want to make sure that your rocket is the right size for your payload. A good way of testing this is to figure out a payload that you think you can get to Duna and back from Kerbin orbit, then simulate that mass with some locked fuel tanks (be sure to lock them otherwise the engines will use the fuel and throw off your estimate) and build a rocket that can get that amount of mass to Kerbin orbit with minimal difficulty. Then put that rocket beneath your original Duna payload, and launch and test it. Start small, with a one-kerbal mission. And once you can actually manage to get things to Duna with reasonable efficiency, even if you can't quite get them back again yet you'll gain more experience in doing it by sending a few rescue missions.

If you have a delta-v calculator mod (or if you're one of those people who somehow has time to do it all by hand) this chart will probably help (that is, as long as you're not using some ridiculously outdated KSP version like 0.90).