What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Learned to hate Jupiter. It's so flarping big vs its moons... Arrived in an 85 degree plane for a DMagic magnetic survey, and now it'll cost me over 7km/s to capture at a moon. Only have 3 in the tank. I miss having Tylo to adjust inclinations with :( 

VJ42Gw8.png

Up side, I've figured out a Ganymede slingshot that'll move the probe's orbit to intersect Io's for only 800m/s. Should get at least two flybys, with potential for a third, but I was hoping for an orbital capture. Guess this is why there's never been a moon orbiter IRL... 

Today, we perform a test flight. The Tranquility and the Possibility take flight in a polar Mun orbit.

rt1UU5S.png

The image seen here is a small undock and re-dock test, for info on future use of these craft. the launch was onboard a version of the Sarnus V, but without the first stage. (sadly I don't have an image of it on the pad :() It flew like a bird through the kerbin skies on its way to orbit.

In other news, there are plans for a Voyager 4 to head to Jool and Urlum in the future. (I may edit this later if I get that mission done :wink:)

Edit: While getting the crew back: WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE?!?!?!??! :0.0:

W A T

I have broken the game. Also YAAAY NEW PICTURES :D

Edited by X Sonic Pro X

2 hours ago, eddiew said:

Learned to hate Jupiter. It's so flarping big vs its moons... Arrived in an 85 degree plane for a DMagic magnetic survey, and now it'll cost me over 7km/s to capture at a moon. Only have 3 in the tank. I miss having Tylo to adjust inclinations with :( 

VJ42Gw8.png

Up side, I've figured out a Ganymede slingshot that'll move the probe's orbit to intersect Io's for only 800m/s. Should get at least two flybys, with potential for a third, but I was hoping for an orbital capture. Guess this is why there's never been a moon orbiter IRL... 

Dat skybox! :0.0:

3 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Began editing a new KSP video. However, when editing, my editing software couldn't handle the rate at which the video had to be sped up...

So look at the following launch. Seems like a pretty normal launch, right?

That video is sped up by forty times.

The. Lag. Is. Real.

Must have taken like a day to get into orbit.

27 minutes ago, X Sonic Pro X said:

Must have taken like a day to get into orbit.

The full clip is about 40 minutes long and I had to launch four of those (although the last three had half of the parts). It felt like a day, though. The first one is over a thousand parts.

And I have to launch a few dozen more (although they will be more optimized) if I wish to complete the mission.

Hello everyone. This post will be an introduction to my current modded career, TISM (Trainfan Interplanetary Settlement Mission). The goal of this save is to visit every body and try to colonize the Kerbal System. This is my latest stock-ish career game (I also have a RP-0 career going on as well) that was based off of TAPE's Road to Exploration/Colonization. The modlist for this series is below:

Spoiler

3BmsEJc.jpg

The game is currently in Year 6, Day 291, and I have landed Kerbals on Duna (for only the second time) only a bit before this! I have also sent probes to Moho, Eve, Dres, Jool, Urlum, and Sarnus(OPM). However, the last 3 haven't arrived yet, although the Jool ones will be arriving starting in 10 days. In the Kerbin System I have stations around Kerbin, Mun, and Minmus, a tourist transport and landers, and bases on Mun and Minmus. I will provide some major points in the history of this series in the album below, and I will continue to update you guys about the situation of this career as it progresses. 

Album a/gfZhz will appear when post is submitted

A rendezvous mission to install more module in asteroid fuel station suddenly goes horribly wrong when one of the module's RCS thruster has insufficient monopropellant and unable to kill it's velocity while on a collision course with the station. The resulting damage torn several modules out of the station, causing a loss of life support , communication array, lab module and external seat module. Without any life support and unable to put the torn module back in place due to the lack of electricity, control and monopropellant on it, a rescue mission was authorized to save any on-board kerbal before their limited supplies running out in 4 hours

e93wuFw.png

A rescue ship was arrived shortly after the ensuing chaos. The crew performed EVA to reach the rescue ship ASAP

fxUNwNp.png

Leaving the derelict station, the kerbals can finally goes back home before their supplies running out

Cf5P0Xq.png

A successful landing! Recovery team will arrive shortly

4iaPXN7.png

Now there's a debris field that must be cleaned up before reopening the station. KSC has officially stated that the station will be closed down for now and working towards the restoration of critical systems as well as re-launching destroyed modules in order to repair the station to full working condition again

Gnaq0yL.png

Just another day at the office

Started a new save using SSRSS scaled up to 2.5x (~5000DV to LEO) using stock/stock-alike parts. Science mode with 50% science returns. On this Earth the Kerbals of Brazil ran the first successful space program launching from a KSC located near the Amazon River Delta.

After a few months of launching sounding rockets and un-crewed suborbital hops it was time to put the first satellite into Earth orbit:

RamleTr.png

KQIymWB.png

tltk3L9.png

X72TfDh.png

cWu1PWt.png

XONFJfw.png

9 hours ago, RobinVerhulstZ said:

even when i only need about 3000 for niven and return?

Well yes. If you have less than that you won't be able to return, but if you have more you'll have some room for error and if you have a lot more you'll have an excuse to do some sub-orbital hops.

2 minutes ago, eloquentJane said:

Well yes. If you have less than that you won't be able to return, but if you have more you'll have some room for error and if you have a lot more you'll have an excuse to do some sub-orbital hops.

i can't really do those as i have strategia which adds strategies for manned an unmanned missions to celestial bodies but those cant be activated if you've been there before...

Started recording gameplay videos today, I'm thinking of doing a lets play series for colonizing a 3x system with Rald + OPM... I wonder if I'll get any viewers. Heavily featured will be surface base construction and monstrous all-stock spaceplanes that get 110 ton payloads to orbit of 3x (1.25x atmosphere) kerbin)

I'm commercializing the solar system. 

I'm launching commercial and private stations and bases plus mining bases. "Customers" can "pay" to have their payloads (probes, relays, stations, bases) launched wherever they need to go. 

So far I have a few commercial and private stations set up around Kerbin and the Mun plus a commercial Mun base (currently inhabited). I also have around 50 CubeSats around Kerbin.

I plan to put stations and bases everywhere (including asteroids) except Moho, the Urlum system, and the Plock system.