What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

The lag is real...

0PNPuIx.png

Over 197 engine nozzles, firing up together... and my FPS  plummeted in an instant (Planned to add more engines)

This absurdly huge rocket is planned for an even bigger assembly... The ARK:

FtTts3w.png

A massive rocket (See ISRU on it's body for scale) without staging system. It's a vertical launch SSTO designed to carry  a whole colony on interplanetary trip with self-sustaining resources. The rocket portion is already finished, along with planetary domes. Now it's time to outfit it with labs, crew quarters and command modules

Edited by ARS

Today I sent two crafts to Mars:

1. Mars Return Vessel (MRV), which will enter into low Mars orbit and return the camera box back to Earth.

This Mission will help me to measure how much deltaV a crewed Mission would require.

fISxuVD.jpg

2tyjsab.jpg

XILHUtb.jpg

2. Mars Lander 05:  This is a reworked version of my Mars lander probes, it is equipped with new parachutes and more science instruments.

Evmf1MI.jpg

IrlJmLd.jpg

TTx301T.jpg

I landed on the Moon for 20th or so time, but first time in full HD :D, so I decided to make a video. This is from my RSS/RP0 career save. Mission architecture is combination of Constellation and Artemis from "Eyes Turned Skyward" alternate history. Landing site is Compton-Belkovich Thorium Anomaly.

Edited by Scorpu

Took a break from stupidly big craft to make a soft-ish replica of a Bugatti 100P with REAL engines.

EpkjrIJ.png

Not finished yer, but working on it.

Original for reference.

roll-out-3-1.jpg

7 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Took a break from stupidly big craft to make a soft-ish replica of a Bugatti 100P with REAL engines.

EpkjrIJ.png

Original for reference.

roll-out-3-1.jpg

Well...
1) I wish you luck with this one. There are alot of curves in that airframe.
2) Probably the most beautiful plane to ever exist. Don't blame you one bit for trying. I for one will be interested in how it turns out.

38 minutes ago, GDJ said:

Well...
1) I wish you luck with this one. There are alot of curves in that airframe.
2) Probably the most beautiful plane to ever exist. Don't blame you one bit for trying. I for one will be interested in how it turns out.

Thank you. I hope I do it justice. I'm not super worried about replicating the curves quite exactly, but I'll try to get it as close as possible. I've already changed the body shape slightly to try to hide the juno engines (which wasn't quite enough....)  I too am interested to see how it will come out.

23 hours ago, Corona688 said:

Made my first "by the numbers" asparagus superlifter:

by-the-numbers.jpg

Using thuds lets me stage it normally while fueling it asparagus...ly.  All engines fire while only the bottom tanks drain, eject, at the appropriate time, rinse, repeat.  As drawback, engines don't run out, you have to watch tanks.

The ultimate goal is to place that satellite in a really eccentric solar orbit, so I took along lots of fuel and went up retrograde.

Target was 4km/s for a 9-ton payload.  Payload ended up being rather heavier than that, requiring a pair of kickbacks and a really direct ascent curve, but it made it to retrograde orbit with significant leftover fuel on top of that in the payload, so I was in the ballpark.

Manuevering with only a pair of thuds is really weird.  if you only have a pair it may be good to just lock their gimbals.

If you use KER, you can watch DV staged to know when to drop tanks. At least that's what I do when I attempt... um, vertical asparagus...? I think someone called it banana staging once...?

10 hours ago, kraden said:

If you use KER, you can watch DV staged to know when to drop tanks. At least that's what I do when I attempt... um, vertical asparagus...? I think someone called it banana staging once...?

I've heard this termed as I think bamboo staging and a twisted candle. I feel its impractical though.

Got my carrier ship and rover into Europa orbit! Then reverted the flight because somewhere between testing yesterday and flight today, the reactor on the rover had lost ability to dissipate heat via the radiator and it overheated and died within seconds of decoupling :( 

FAxRygw.jpg

Back to the SPH, removed radiator, reattached radiator in the exact same position. Works fine now. Thanks, KSP...

On the up side, the version above is lacking RCS thrusters, which would have made docking quite fiddly. New version shall fix this.

3 hours ago, BRAAAP_STUTUTU said:

That is a great framerate for such a big base! how'd you manage that?

as for what i've done today, well...

fzdSWO1.jpg

I've done an Otho-3 mission!

Pathfinder is really smoothe on my machine, and most is sped up a bit :P

21 hours ago, qzgy said:

EpkjrIJ.png

Original for reference.

roll-out-3-1.jpg

Wow, very nice!

I played some more KSP today... I forgot how fun it could be after not playing it for 4 months.

--

Valentina Kerman was the lone and brave test pilot flying my dangerous untested monstrosity extremely well-tested brand-new over-engineered Notngara-5P crewed rocket. I used this flight to test my booster engines, my new fuel tanks, and whether or not they could lift the Big Soyuz payload into a high orbit. I used the stock Poodle engine to stand-in for my RD-0124 engine, since I haven't finished that engine yet. As my rocket are, like BDB and Tantares, designed to be used in a 2 to 3 times scaled Kerbin system, I was expecting it to get me to a way higher orbit then needed with fuel to spare.

--

10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4...  

Десять ... девять ... восемь ... семь ... шесть ... пять ... четыре...

IXm1Rwy.png

...3... 2... 1...

...три ... два ... один...

79mUOkl.png

Zero! Liftoff, we have liftoff!

...ноль! Зажигание! Мы запустили!

o9i2DoH.jpg

You can see the long, blue flame trail sprouting from the booster engine nozzles. I used this exhaust effect to replicate that of the real Angara-A5 engine trail.

w7AQQ1y.png

The mission: To launch the payload (And the upper stage, if it has enough fuel) on an orbit of to-be-determined height, to prove that my rocket can, in reality, launch something to various orbits.

7gqECfJ.png

There she goes!

mgPXLfz.png

You can see all the struts from here.

8AvShDG.png

Getting high...

qQYZ1IK.png

Slowly but surely, the Apoapsis gets higher.

CBiZNJH.png

I begin to turn...

Hyg2QOj.png

...Then realise that my Apoapsis is now at 80 km and I have to haul ass and turn fast!

ebEVrDS.png

~ D A T  A S S ~

dMt5ewb.png

As soon as the side boosters cut out, I staged them away. Of course, I forgot the tiny separation SRBs, so there was no Korolev cross.

rKTfJUQ.png

PbXebOu.png

Bye, have a beautiful time!

dp0szwl.png

FRC4RYa.png

When the core ran out of fuel, it, too, was jettisoned.

kFiBHh7.png

7nAOdY7.png

Time to reveal the payload!

AXeTXrc.png

Oops! I forgot to set the LES engines to burn when I separated it...

7GSt3iD.png

And now, we coast to Apoapsis...

LQb5oDu.png

We are getting HIGH!

uXa1bg9.png

Beginning circularisation burn...

y2UxfBv.png

How's the view, Val?

rv94VFK.png

Now, we're in an almost perfect 600 x 600km orbit...

cGxpFd0.png

... With a lot of fuel to spare...

gTsrqNL.png

Time for Val to perform the obligatory EVA...

URUeKgm.png

Are you happy, Val?

fvGWZIT.png

Are you happy?

eQdXFrp.png

Yes, she is. She hasn't flown a single mission for... 999 years... 999 days... 999 hours... and 999 minutes, so that's to be expected.

iyq0EiY.png

There's a Starman waiting in the sky...

nbmjJt5.png

After getting back inside her... ♪ ...tin can... ♪ ,Val takes a few more beauty shots, then begins to align the spacecraft on Retrograde...

KCVKJ00.png

De-orbiting...

hyEw5JN.png

p64Oylb.png

Look how much fuel is still left! And I haven't even used any fuel from the Big Soyuz Service Module! I probably could've done a Munar flyby -- hell, maybe even a Munar orbit -- and return mission, if I planned it.

QAEe2Ej.png

Goodbye, upper stage and service module...

4ncA9TP.png

QNQVBNK.png

More beauty shots...

I44vf3N.png

Re-entering hot!

CCMN0Dd.png

Ml5lpuy.png

We've slowed down enough for me to deploy the parachute...

YERG9mc.png

Parachute semi-deployed!

NBQboCK.png

9t18B99.png

Fully-deployed!

tgvWqs9.png

And...

hM2fdIc.png

...Touchdown!

5BK9Ztj.png

Val's very happy about her landing, isn't she?

T2PfnkU.png

Where did you land, Val?

suY5VAS.png

*She looks around aimlessly*

zGcmAAa.png

kHoRfXB.png

xQ2n3Bf.png

uIjtqGL.png

IM5VkDG.png

And what do we have here...?

hfCX4WF.png

An upper stage that glitched, frozen in the air, is it?

mcsajhp.png

It says it's moving at 176 m/s, but in reality, it isn't moving at all...

3IoT18r.png

Anyway, goodbye, and have a good day!

Edited by NISSKEPCSIM