What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Testing a 32-ton superlifter and sending a 32-ton miner to Minmus.

blindminer.jpg

Some of you might say this only looks like half a miner, and you'd be correct.  To maintain symmetry in flight - such as it is - I'm sending its control module, main solar panels, and battery pack separately, to dock after landing.  It will operate in highly reduced fashion in the meantime.

My work in KSP over the past few days for the (very, very delayed) next installment in Imagining a Kerbal Future

qJYj7fp.png

A large near futures orbital propellant depot around the Mun—presumably with much of the propellant delivered from asteroids or the Mun, instead of being hauled on expensive rockets. Note the "shadow shield" in front of the reactor.

hCHzWDX.png

Freighter carrying over a hundred tons of ore, probably between space stations around the Mun to those near Kerbin, which is why the heat shield is there, for slowing down.

pMQv2Qp.png

Where the ore on that freighter came from—an ISRU installation.

1EM4kkq.png

An asteroid miner approaches a strange asteroid... (I forgot a claw... Oops...)

1 hour ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Great mother of Kerm, he’s discovered the rare phenomenon of planetary mitosis!

seriously, was that even playable or just a great big krakenfest? Heck, that’s probably the krakens’ homeworld!

I’ve heard of Keystone Earth Kerbin, but that’s just ridiculous! 

It surprisingly, is playable. Just some lag and glitches here and there though :P

My first two inter-planetary probes ever have returned to Kerbin!

The first was a Duna lander. The landing was not so different form the Mun.

screenshot25.png

The second one was more exciting. It was a Sun diving probe. I gave it a 4000m/s ejection burn, so that it had a Kerbol PE of 1000Mm, where it performed experiments near the Sun. It was in 2:5 resonant orbit with Kerbin, so that after 2 years and a couple of small course corrections it returns with the same speed, some 6300m/s. Burning nearly all the fuel retrograde reduced the entry speed to 4800m/s. The difficulty was maintaining the PE, that I ended up at 29000m. The engine blew up and I found the heat shield ablator gone after being heated by the Sun...

screenshot60.png

Edited by TheFlyingKerman

13 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I'd sure love to list some, but there's a surge of planet packs that insist on replacing Kerbin (and likely the whole solar system) just like GPP. :( The only name I can call is OPM which is now under Galileo's and my control, and will fit around Grannus.

do you know any planet packs that do not touch the stock ones and are just more further out? i had one a while back, but have forgotten it and cant find it, i think the one i found had 2 more systems....

I landed a small base I'm planning to expand on the Mun. I scanned for resource lodes only to find one 1.5 kms away! So of course I sent a rover to check it out. I wanted to bring it to the base, but I had no Klaw...

4el7hxz.png

I shoved it back to the base.

My Mark Watneyish exploits are just getting started... I have 4 RTG's in that base to play with.

Base, with rover.

aJNbAKe.jpg

I made My first ever KSP video, with the crude software I have, it's not too bad, I was mainly testing engine flames and such cos a mod I want is something to make engine flames look better, but I couldn't find an updated version of such mod yet. However engine lighting is amazing, and basically all my visual mods are a must have now, especially since I got a new Beast laptop. I need ideas for a super wacky project for me to attempt.

Here is the video, I don't want to promote myself but at least you guys can share the awe that some of these visual enhancements gave me. Not all of them could be seen though.

Today I launched the core of my minmus EPL manufacturing facility into orbit with a rocket SSTO.  (I even threw away about 1600 m/s in the tanks.  Could have easily taken it to Minmus, but I want it assembled in LKO)

4d7screenshot177.pngscreenshot182.png

screenshot183.png

I also started working on the world's worst Pelican replicative-fading clone, and it's all @Rocket In My Pocket's fault.

screenshot185.png

Edited by Geonovast