What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Oh my. :/

I don't often lose Kerbals, I rather pride myself on that, but today I lost 4 in one shot. A Cargo-Je with 4 aboard ran out of fuel and crashed midway back on the journey home to KSC from the Old KSC. This variant ship had no nightvision ability, so I couldn't really see the ground rising up to meet me in my attempt to land. Engineer Orhat was to supposed to have refueled the plane before we left, but there's no point in blaming him now.

KIA -
Gwenrine, pilot
Tanfel, co-pilot
Lodard, scientist
Orhat, engineer

RIP

I've said it before, Old KSC is bad luck for me. I have better success with seat-of-the-pants missions on Mun. Time to wrap this adventure up and bring the other crews home... I've encounters out in deep space about to happen, things I've been waiting for months to come around.

Today I finished my metal and ore drones for the Constructor station, and sent up the first two.  Apparently docking was just too much for the station, and she just started...drifting apart.

Lucky the Konstruction! ports have a handy built-in self destruct system, code-named "Compress Parts (Rotate)"

screenshot250.png

screenshot252.png

screenshot254.png

I'm blaming the KIS EVA struts.  We're gonna look into KJR and try again.

Edited by Geonovast

The plane itself works great and put an unusual spin on the style of my dark arrow plane, as seen below. It can just only reach suborbital. Check my sig for the dark arrow. The ssto version also has a small cargo compartment.

Edited by ShadowGoat

A pack of wild Warthogs appeared!

vnPz9uJ.png

1:1 scale, designed with visual accuracy in mind. Somehow, it's not impossible to fly either.

yDFymgB.png

And a mini A-10, because who said air superiority can't be cute, too?

mttfJW9.png

Both craft will be on my KerbalX by tomorrow, once I have time to write a proper description for them.

Today, yesterday, and the two days previous have been spent pondering and fiddling with setups for a new career game... This Galileo's Planet Pack as seen from the secondary star Grannus, around which are now Rald and the dwarf planets from MIP, plus Asclepius. It's a small system, but an interesting one :) 

Ucea1Wi.jpg

Some imagination will be required to get here, but both primary worlds are low-g with oxygen atmospheres, so they should make excellent fuel station locations :) 

If anyone has suggestions on where I could grab a gas giant or two to go on the outer edges of this little red system, I'd love to hear about them ^^

Edited by eddiew

I finally launched my reusable Minmus lander which I've been waiting a long time to do (I just added the science module to a station at Minmus on the career save). 08Sqo1R.jpg

Using Ven's Stock Revamp with the extra parts it gives you (I think the feet of the landing legs are added parts)

Edited by Skylon

1 hour ago, Skylon said:

I finally launched my reusable Minmus lander which I've been waiting a long time to do (I just added the science module to a station at Minmus on the career save).

It's adorabu....

47 minutes ago, Julien Kerman said:

Mimas fly-by :D

Can you see it already?

Having recently been using stock-scale RSS, I can appreciate how darn hard it is to find the saturnian moons :D  They are so dwarfed by their parents at real proportions it's not even funny... At least with Jupiter there are 4 nice big ones to aim at.

6 hours ago, Gaarst said:

No video because 800 parts is already too hard for my laptop, but a few pictures:

Already? I won't fly anything over 200 parts. Stations are acceptable once things are docked, but no single vehicle. This is on a high spec desktop :S 

This mod is a lifesaver :) 

Well, today i finally made a thing that is normal for the most of the users, but that i never maneged to do (at least without MechJeb): Docking.

x61ZiBB.pngThis is the Docker 2, my target ship.

t4DJsES.pngAnd there is the Docker 1, my main craft, piloted by Valentina (I forgot to remove the parachutes).

3SZ3HrV.pngSo, after i made a Rendevouz Maneuver and get a close encounter (less than 200 meters), the Docker 1 prepares to dock with the Docker 2.

pkfqKaV.pngUsing the RCS to approach.

5R6HP8L.pngEverything was going well, when the ships started to move away from each other. So, i remembered to slow my relative velocity to pratically 0m/s.

wdJfOTt.pngAnd i started to get closer to the Docker 2.

hHXyKum.pngGetting very closer...

8kHcz2X.png

...When the crafts started to move away again. So i slowed my relative velocity, and started to make the final approach.

dDZHTPz.pngGetting even more closer...

WZkDb9P.png...And...

p2g4b9j.png...The crafts "kiss" each other.

0dwkKgN.pngAnd there is the 2 crafts, literally, together.

So i tranfered Val to the Docker 2, undocked, de-orbited and bring her back to Kerbin.

Edited by Jeb, The Lonely Kerbonaut

Continued construction on the KSS and sent up a crew.

BDCzUJN.png

On the way back home Jeb, Bill & Bob stopped off at the LKO habitat (75x75k)

uf9iVNp.png

I would be happy to land an aircraft this close to the runway!

CbtOYw7.png

Edited by KerBlammo

31 minutes ago, Jeb, The Lonely Kerbonaut said:

Well, today i finally made a thing that is normal for the most of the users, but that i never maneged to do (at least without MechJeb): Docking

Congratulations!  Docking is very satisfying although sometimes stressful.  Just get them close, get them aligned and take it slowly.