What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

14 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

You know you can play Steam games without using Steam, and therefore not adding to a clock.. right?

I wasn't aware of that...that issue, combined with the forced updates, offered me reason enough to spend the extra $20 or whatever it cost on sale.

2 minutes ago, Tyko said:

I wasn't aware of that...that issue, combined with the forced updates, offered me reason enough to spend the extra $20 or whatever it cost on sale.

Not that I'm opposed to giving Squad more money, but the same process would kill the auto updates. 

I actually like the clock.  Almost makes me wish I'd gotten the Steam version...  Almost.

Kerbin Orbital just got its life support module, curiously named: Life Support Module, and thus became habitable over longer periods for the first time, and got its first crew of two. Three more Kerbals will join them on the next expansion mission.

gXtCXHJ.jpg

ErCwgbv.jpg

07anqvZ.jpg

HBiVFiU.jpg

1lPy6Yt.jpg

Bill Kerman also did the first station spacewalk where he reinforced the Life Support Module and the Main Axis Module with struts.

p7sBmWq.jpg

HrT5G8i.jpg

Edited by ROXunreal

I brought some development to my codename "Corsair" dropship-esque plane. A recent build and my first in a long time that uses the OPT Dark Drive. Its VTOL engines and (unseen) nuclear reactors are from Thor Tech. Landed in this ocean just in time for an eclipse.

57XdaBd.jpg

mSCKdE8.jpg merzKw1.jpg n4Uud10.jpg j3Qs9yJ.jpg

I built a MkIV spaceplane, looking at possibly getting my feet wet in a spaceplane program that doesn't contain OPT. (Blasphemy, am I right? :D ) I used only my own engines as I'm aware of a few possibly unresolved issues with a number of Nertea's air-breathing engines. This plane ascended very steadily at under Mach 1 and cruised into orbit once the VTOL fans flamed out.MtfdGgX.jpg

rpXatin.jpg

And finally, after a very long time I built something out of mostly procedural wings. I wish the feature could return where you could raise any dimension of these things with virtually no limit. It would save me the CoL hell and spamming angled Big S elevons for next-to-nothing. Well its part count is 140 but mods are very few on this particular install so it doesn't lag my PC in any noticeable amount.

EtzOoGC.jpg

sGNmv4B.jpg 3qGFwua.jpg gZluOgK.jpg

A kraken ate my RTG.

My prospector probe suddenly went dead. No electricity. I looked inside the utility bay where the RTG was supposed to be. No RTG. Checked my designs. RTG was there.

I do not know WTH happened but this put my mission in serious jeopardy.

Edited by Guest

8 minutes ago, Brikoleur said:

A kraken ate my RTG.

My prospector probe suddenly went dead. No electricity. I looked inside the utility bay where the RTG was supposed to be. No RTG. Checked my designs. RTG was there.

Um... did you check the half life? Maybe it decayed... :wacko:

Just now, CatastrophicFailure said:

Um... did you check the half life? Maybe it decayed... :wacko:

Something like that. It's definitely a kraken -- I checked my saves, and on day 35 it was still there, whereas on day 46 it was gone.

At least I have a savegame to go back to.

6 minutes ago, Brikoleur said:

Something like that. It's definitely a kraken -- I checked my saves, and on day 35 it was still there, whereas on day 46 it was gone.

At least I have a savegame to go back to.

Heh... the last couple of days I've had vessels explode from 60g acceleration (go figure), upon loading them up. A bit earlier, I had seen one my Eeloo scanners/relays lose it's radiators. I mean, I saw them gracefully flying away.

All incidents occurred in interplanetary space. Like you, I had a savegame to go back to and the hungry Kraken, stayed hungry :P

Edited by Atkara

1 hour ago, Brikoleur said:

A kraken ate my RTG.

just wondering, was the RTG just surface mounted or had you clipped it with other parts? I've had a couple of Kraken moments recently and all but one was due to clipping - and very modest clipping at that.

7 missions in 1 launch.  Having only researched the ScanSat high resolution SAR scanner last night, I've now got contracts to do high res scans of Kerbin, Mun, Minmus, Duna, Ike and Eve, plus a contract to do multiple scan types of Gilly.  So I launched 7 satellites in one go, the first 3 in now in position and I need to wait for Eve and Duna launch windows for the rest, which will also serve as RemoteTech comms relays.

Heq82at.png?1

ETA:  8 contracts, forgot I've also got one for science data from space around Ike that this will also fulfil.

Edited by RizzoTheRat

16 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Well, it is Jeb in the seat... <_<

...it is Jeb, isn’t it?

Nope!  And it actually clues you in that it's not Jeb because the pilot icon at the upper left is yellow.

I think it's Bob.  It might be Bill.  Maybe Bob.  Or Bill.

Not a big feat compared to all the awesome stuff other people in the community do, but today I made my first "mod". We're not exactly talking a game changer, I simply copied and modified the files for the "Nerv" engine to make the "Nerv Mk2" that has higher ISP. I balanced it out with slightly higher mass and lower electric output.

4 minutes ago, Mjarf said:

Not a big feat compared to all the awesome stuff other people in the community do, but today I made my first "mod". We're not exactly talking a game changer, I simply copied and modified the files for the "Nerv" engine to make the "Nerv Mk2" that has higher ISP. I balanced it out with slightly higher mass and lower electric output.

Everyone starts somewhere!  Suggestion though, if you plan on branching out.

Instead of copying and modifying the files, try doing what you did with ModuleManager patches.  Learning how to use that would help you a lot down the road if you do start doing bigger mods.

8 hours ago, Tyko said:

just wondering, was the RTG just surface mounted or had you clipped it with other parts? I've had a couple of Kraken moments recently and all but one was due to clipping - and very modest clipping at that.

I had stuck it onto a battery which was inside a utility bay. It doesn't look like it clipped but I can't be 100% sure.

9 hours ago, Geonovast said:

And it actually clues you in that it's not Jeb because the pilot icon at the upper left is yellow.

Huh. I did not know that... :unsure:

Today, in KSP, I made.... wait for it....

waaaait for it

An Air Ship. :lol:

C43PW2Z.png

ptDtdFs.png

Spoiler

BbgL7x3.gif

Surprisingly enough, it flies about exactly almost as well as a tall ship does not, despite being entirely made out of wings:

v6Iyy0C.png

Something's a bit off about that pilot, too... I was aiming for Tinkerbell...

zGBoL8x.png

...you know what they say about making a copy of a copy...

It may not fly well, but it crashes pretty good.

NJXM2Ej.gif

And what it lacks in aeronautical prowess, it makes up for in... um... I dunno, tenacity, maybe?

fPMwSab.png

...some say it's still going to this day... those who do are wrong, it exploded, then ran out of fuel, then exploded some more.

Bonus crashy stuff, because everyone likes crashes!

tPMfpGf.gif

Except for poor, um... Whatsherface, there... Oh, wait, she's not in this one. Carry on...

Edited by CatastrophicFailure