What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

19 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Oh, I’m sure they have their own tropes of us. Probably think we are bunch of cowboys. :wink:

Me being russian, I can tell you the following:

• Y'all are cowboys (that one is true)

And then there is the s**t on the Brainwashing machine a.k.a. the telly:

Americans are :

• Dumb as rocks
  • hate Russia
  • Are at fault for political protests in Russia(or any general unrest)
  • CAPITALIST PIIIIIGSSSS!!!!!!111!!!!11

That pretty much sums it all up. This is exactly why I moved to germany in 2007.

7 minutes ago, WolfCoAerospace said:

Y'all are cowboys (that one is true)

Naaa... I'm more an old hippie... hehehe

But this comment:

7 minutes ago, WolfCoAerospace said:

And then there is the s**t on the Brainwashing machine a.k.a. the telly:

Brother (sister???)... I couldn't agree more!!!

Most all television these days is horrible!!! I can't stand watching anything "Mainstream"... and I hate seeing what it's doing to a couple friends of mine.Truth me told, 5 minutes of anything on the major networks, and I'm changing it to any cartoon I can find... Phineas & Ferb... Maybe an old Loony Tunes... Even My Little Pony!!! Yes, I said it, I'd much rather watch MLP than anything on the networks... in a heartbeat!!!

OK, back on topic... yesterday I blew up something else...

FUvbd8s.png

8 minutes ago, WolfCoAerospace said:

Listen, I've seen girders explode for no apparent reason other than "Kraken", as Gene from mission control said. There is nothing that can make me raise an eyebrow.

OK...

(Emiko Station Spoiler)

Spoiler

I am purposely blowing up the corpse of a T-Rex that was fried from the inside out by a brain-in-a-pod named Thompberry Kerman... 

dun dun dunnnnnn... :0.0:

There is a vertical launcher that I built a couple of years or more ago...

It's name is Aquila[*] and it gives this name to my whole fleet as it is the bedrock of my operations.

It was broken badly by the 1.2.1 fuel flow upgrade.  Specifically, 3 engines being fed via fuel lines from neighboring tanks -- after 1.2.1, two fuel lines work and one doesn't.  The result is that, at T+1, I manually start pumping 1600 kallons out of one tank into the other two.  I've gotten used to doing this on lift-off, in the same way you get used to limping after surviving a croc attack.

I spent part of this evening studying how the fuel system in this machine was originally put together by me.  I wept.  It was beautiful.  But Squad snuffed it like a croc making a rush on a flamingo.  Nothing but pink feathers everywhere.

If you saw a screenshot of this machine, my baby, the apple of my eye, you would be aghast.  Then have a heart attack and fall into a coma.  It's a jumble of orange tanks.  My nickname for it is Orgelwerks, because it reminds me of a cathedral organ.  Only an international petroleum company could love it as I do.  (But they would call it Exxon Valdez.  Or Deepwater Horizon.)

Well, to each his own and I like to use "form-follows-function" as my excuse for why my creations are, ehm, so f-f-f-ugly.

You see, you had to look past the "form" and see the fuel system, such a thing of beauty and a joy [that will remain in my heart] forever.  The position of every tank and every engine in that machine was placed, breve after breve upon the stave, under the precise direction of the fuel system, the composer.

---

So, tonight, while testing fuel line reconnections, on a routine launch, in disgust at another failure, I pushed the pedal to the metal and just watched that baby go straight up.  And up.    Escape velocity, I thought?  Yeah, of course.  It's got a dozen 357" nukes on it...

Out in space, "Hey!, there's some asteroids!"  In a funk, I had been just setting up for a dive into the sun.  Now happily, I thought, "OK: let's go chase parked asteroids!"

And here it is!!  What a beauty?!!  My very first asteroid: DGX-490

(Wish I'd brought a claw...  oh, I'm in a funk again...)

VgQxEgl.png

* Aquila is Latin for "eagle" and also the name of one of the visible stars in our sky.

Edited by Hotel26

2 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I started a trial of a manned lander/base on the KSC island. It went well except that a module broke in a familiar way and I absolutely need to find and deal with the mod that's causing the breakage.

I can't tell from the pics what's broken

@Just Jim It's not something on the surface. It's when I take anything configured as a Geology Lab and hit Manage Operations, preferably after unlocking the biome that I get a null and the part becomes useless. And I may or may not get +1 useless "Start Converter" button in the part's context menu everytime I hit Manage Operations again.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

6 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Just Jim It's not something on the surface. It's when I take anything configured as a Geology Lab and hit Manage Operations, preferably after unlocking the biome that I get a null and the part becomes useless. And I may or may not get +1 useless "Start Converter" button in the part's context menu everytime I hit Manage Operations again.

Oh, gotcha. I'm afraid you'll have to ask @Angel-125 about that one. 

Didn't have much time for KSP yesterday  :(  other than going through my current space station module designs to make sure they were compatible with swapping out Nertea's wonderful refreshed station parts mod:

I seem to be okay, though there's one part I still need to double-check-- think it might actually be coming in from a different mod, in which case I'm golden.

Lost my first Kerbal in my ironman save today :(

Was a ridiculously stupid mistake too.

Had a basic rescue craft put together, probe core, capsule for reentry.

Unfortunately Jeb sneaked into it when I wasn't looking, and I only noticed about 2 seconds after launch.

I immediately powered down and went for a quick powered landing back on the launchpad, which probably would have worked... until the launch pad blew up, tipping the rocket over and destroying only a tiny percentage of the craft, which unfortunately included the percentage that contained Jeb.

The last time he sneaked into a pod like that I accidentally made him the first kerbal sent to Mun on this save, so I guess he sorta had some bad luck due.

19 minutes ago, Jimmidii said:

Lost my first Kerbal in my ironman save today :(

Was a ridiculously stupid mistake too.

Had a basic rescue craft put together, probe core, capsule for reentry.

Unfortunately Jeb sneaked into it when I wasn't looking, and I only noticed about 2 seconds after launch.

I immediately powered down and went for a quick powered landing back on the launchpad, which probably would have worked... until the launch pad blew up, tipping the rocket over and destroying only a tiny percentage of the craft, which unfortunately included the percentage that contained Jeb.

The last time he sneaked into a pod like that I accidentally made him the first kerbal sent to Mun on this save, so I guess he sorta had some bad luck due.

Hm.  I thought there was a setting you could turn off to prevent it from auto loading the kerbals.  If that function isn't in a mod, hopefully someone can make one!

One thing you can do to help prevent that is to never have the command pod be the first part of a craft (and therefore not be the root part).  I've noticed that it only auto-loads kerbals into the root part.

I made some changes to an Underwater Drilling Rig and launched it for location. Upload got ripped, a second attempt for a clean upload and still not too clean....:mad:

DeepCore7
WTGuXj8.gif

Edited by Castille7

After Eve violently rebuffed my previous attempt at approaching her with a small glider probe, I tried again. The problem was that I lost contact with Kerbin just as I needed to perform my propulsive capture manoeuvre, had to attempt aerocapture, and ended up in a fireball.

This time, I sent along a wingman: a high-power relay.

KP1SZRX.png

This allowed me to approach with a gentle caress rather than diving straight in...

Jsw8B0T.png

...and while there were a few heated moments and I think I blacked out for a while, this time Eve relented and welcomed me into her warm embrace.

1DIy0kS.png

8r55kuZ.png

liCDF20.png

cqoz2P7.png

Hello, lovely peoples of the internet!!!

Today my Kerbollo 6 mission reached a stable Minmus orbit!

Admittedly, that orbit is retrograde, but with Minmus’ low gravity, that shouldn’t matter much anyway, also taking into account that the ‘Snoopy’ lander(I’m naming my Kerbollo landers after Apollo landers that didn’t land on the moon, so this is named after the Apollo 10 LM) has nearly 2km/s of delta-V.

I’m still having trouble with Imgur(it says that it will send me an email to confirm my email address, but I have received no such message) so no pics. Hopefully my description is good enough.... the Minmus landing will happen tomorrow :D