What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

25 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

That would be Music Television. Legend tells that in the Before Time, in the Long Long Ago, MTV once broadcast... music videos.... :o

whoa really? Why not google things :P
TV never was a big thing for me.

25 minutes ago, Kronus_Aerospace said:

HELP ME

KOzQ9cd.jpg

No. I need to see more. the symmetry..... its so beautiful.

But holy crap you're dedicated.

2 minutes ago, Kronus_Aerospace said:

On one hand I want to say 1474 parts is quite enough, but on the other hand I never seem to stop, to the point where I question my own sanity.

That is approaching near computer melting performance.....

Today in KSP I made a space station out of just Soyuz Spacecraft. I call it the Soyuz Station! :cool:

The Core of the Soyuz Station, an unmanned Soyuz Progress, in Low Kerbin Orbit.

XZNenJx.png

The First Crew to the Soyuz Station approaching the station and preparing to dock.

zoCj5w9.png

The Crewed Soyuz successfully docked to the Progress Core.

qew3oGW.png

The Finished Soyuz Station, with the Crewed Soyuz Still Docked.

KKN5Cs8.png

The First Crew Heading back home after several days docked, and the next crew approaching the finished Soyuz Station.

n6KAw9L.png

If you think this is cool, try it for yourself, it was kinda hard for me.

1 minute ago, Kerbalwerks said:

Love the Intro to that show, I think we are on our way there with Elon and the likes.................

Wait, so this was for Enterprise, not First Contact?  You know, the movie that the show stole the footage from?

53 minutes ago, Kronus_Aerospace said:

Wow, so that last spark rocket actually broke my VAB. The craft file must have gotten corrupted, because if it's in there no craft will show up at all.

Nooo!!!
I've had this problem also happen to me. Is there an old version to recover or no?

Just now, Kronus_Aerospace said:

Unfortunately not. Honestly, I don't feel too bad about it, I was only ever gonna fly it once and it was just kinda slapped together in the first place.

Alright then. Yeah, I can see why you would only fly it once.

4 hours ago, Kronus_Aerospace said:

Wow, so that last spark rocket actually broke my VAB. The craft file must have gotten corrupted, because if it's in there no craft will show up at all.

Well, you did plead, "HELP ME"... maybe the Kraken had mercy on you and ate it before it could break something else? 

Still working on the Komm bomber, the idea being to circumnavigate the globe, airdropping 3 kommunications relays on the way.  Ideally I wanted to do this supersonically, and my first iteration got close, showing over an hours endurance at 1000m/s, which I make about enough to get round the world, but that was without the payload on board

TTHi4Yc.png?1

Adding more fuel, and more engines, just turned it in to a bit of a mess, so I had a go with a Mk3 cargo bay instead of Mk2'sr10xFCB.png?1

This flies well, and I love the wing design when I finally got it working properly, but still lacked the range.

Another attempt with Mk2 bays just got a bit silly

Yxz2ha0.png?1

So I've finally accepted that if I'm going to do it it's going to have to be Subsonic, as the Goliath has over 3 times the ISP of the Whiplash

Currently testing this

6KARdXW.png?1

Which seems to settle to 225m/s at about 7km altitude.  By my calculation that means a bit under 5 hours for the circumnavigation, and at cruise KER is showing 10.5 hours fuel remaining, so plenty for some loiter time over the drop sites and climb back to altitude. 

However, my disposable ones flew at about 200m/s so I'm tempted to just abandon the whole idea and fly them out individually, longer total time but individual flights will be shorter

So in summary, either I've just wasted 2 evenings of my life, or I need to waste an evening to use what I've been playing with :/

ETA:  Test drop of a relay

ouYfo8L.png?1

and...er...Jeb says don't ask!

navYK1n.png?1

Edited by RizzoTheRat