What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

24 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

No, that would be FALoN, not much use as a launcher but a possible late-night tv host.  :D

Oh oops.

Ferocious Alpaca Laboratory Curiously-fixated on Nickelback-exposure

16 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Fffff... ffff... FALC-foNe!

Nah, sounds like a minor super hero’s hotline to the Mayor. :sticktongue:

Alright then

Furry Armed Llamas Considering Onion Necromancy

5 hours ago, Delay said:

(INTERMISSION: I'm trying to find a backronym for "Falcon" to justify calling it that. I ended up with "... Landing Capable Orbiter Necessity", and I can't think of anything for F and A. Any ideas?)

Fully Automated Landing Capable Orbital Nexus.

It ain't funny, but it is a pretty good backronym.

13 minutes ago, Delay said:

I think I'll go with "Fairly Abnormal Landing Capable Orbiter Necessity".

Honestly, I think @CatastrophicFailure's "Nick-Nack" tag for the N was pretty good. So Fairly Abnormal Landing Capable Orbiter Nick-Nack.

It's up to you though :)

Mission control spent a long time deciding on this particular launch. We are not in the habit of black-ops missions, and we do not typically approve with keeping the public ignorant, however... we're just not quite sure whether it's a space bomb, and we don't want to cause panic.

This being the case, three kerbals were hand picked from the six available (two of whom had irrelevant skills), and this elite team is loaded into a rocket and sent to space with a total absence of fanfare.

4Ietatc.jpg

eo1ZYNt.jpg

With the lab successfully latched onto the gigantic space anemone, these best-of-the-available two-star scientists are tasked with the mission of working out what this thing does, and whether it's a bomb.

Edited by eddiew

My 1:2 scale Antonov AN-225 is now almost complete. This started out as a fun little project, but ended up being almost as much work as my original 1:1 scale version. It also ended up being 100 more parts somehow. However, I think it shows! There is only a bit of tweaking left to do and I will post the craft file.

CmcSHs2.jpg

Edited by Kronus_Aerospace

While everyone else is losing their minds over Making History, I'm just gonna let it sit a couple days - steam sale doesn't end for a little while - and wait to see what other people have to say about it before I spend any money on it. I had quite enough of the "jump on the new expansion as soon as it comes out" during my World of Warcraft days, thanks.

In the mean time, I launched another probe at Dres and this one actually had enough fuel to get onto the intercept course, so we'll see how that works out. Launch window for Duna hasn't opened up yet, so that whole ordeal is on hold for the time. Figured I'd do a couple more Mun missions, so I designed a more compact and hopefully more efficient surface hopper, but I haven't launched it tonight.