What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

5 minutes ago, Delay said:

Dammit! I accidentally jumped Val into oblivion because I still had 1.3.1 installed!

There's "Biggest KSP fail" potential in that story.

I saw this video on YT where a guy started a career in 1.4

He flew up into space and wanted to EVA for trying his parachute.

Lucky for Jeb you can't EVA yet when you start a career.

Not knowing he just saved Jeb's life cause he also did not have a parachute at level 0...

:sticktongue:

O dear....

I estimated the location wrong...

Val had to "crawl" out of the pit and now it seems we need to do some more climbing...I love this game *kuch.

X2d6Zo9.png

WY7BylT.png

"go away mountain, you're blocking my sun !"

^_^

2 minutes ago, Mark Kerbin said:

Oohhhhh Idea... Plane that drops rover in midair and rover lands on mountain under a parachute.

I think thats what Triop did. Plane to general place, rover to survey site.

21 minutes ago, Mark Kerbin said:

See this is why I use VTOL aircraft and or Blimps.

Oohhhhh Idea... Plane that drops rover in midair and rover lands on mountain under a parachute.

I'd love a blimp, but right now it's all vanilla for me.

I wish I had the skill to drop a rover by parachute, my aiming is not that good.

To be honest I have the skill to make a small plane and land it on this mountain, but where is th fun in that ? :cool:

21 minutes ago, qzgy said:

I think thats what Triop did. Plane to general place, rover to survey site.

Yep

DbAC6xQ.png

sA81kW2.png

Planning a new route, this should be possible, I hope...

08VjQHw.png

OMK !

Val rolled over during a steep climb (she was so close) and slided down the mountain.

bg6Ah16.png

The buggy miraculuslellely survived, but the set back is not very motivating.

Of63KJg.png

Maybe I should think about sending plane/VTOL... :/

EDIT : Our current position:

Fb0W0A2.png

This is madness...

Edited by Triop

33 minutes ago, Triop said:

Maybe I should think about sending plane/VTOL... :/

You’re far more persistent than I. By now I would have sent some ginormous, overbuilt rocket that cost 10x what the contract pays, given up, cancelled the darn thing and then crashed stuff into the VAB for an hour.  :P

2 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

You’re far more persistent than I. By now I would have sent some ginormous, overbuilt rocket that cost 10x what the contract pays, given up, cancelled the darn thing and then crashed stuff into the VAB for an hour.  :P

Right now my funds are 326.086 science 151.6.

Jeb is on his way back from Minmus with 2 tourists and tons of science. I need 550 science points to get the TR-2L wheels so I can build a improved buggy.

UvSR37C.png

It will take him 5 days to get back so I've given Val a deadline: Reach the first survey point within 5 days or return to base.

She's under a lot off stress now, wonder if she will make it. ^_^

mg4FLvV.png

3 hours ago, VasimrVasimrovich said:

@Angel-125 Pretty good station so far, also what mod is the scrapping arm from?

The Buffalo Recycler Arm is from Pathfinder, which has the necessary resource distribution code in its plugin. I was testing some fixes I made to favor the arm's vessel to store resources before looking for nearby vessels. meaning, if you run out of space on your vessel, resources will be distributed to other nearby vessels as well. It also now switches between Equipment (Pathfinder's resource for assembling and configuring inflatable modules) and MaterialKits (used by OSE Workshop).

While waiting for lots of stuff to reach various destinations, I decided to mess with another jet - and since I had a contract to test a nuclear thermal jet, that was the obvious choice for a the engine.  Actually got off the ground on the first flight and even landing while only losing one wing.  Second flight was even better.  Got up to around 350 m/s just above sea level before I got bored & turned around, although it was still accelerating slowly.  I may have to look into getting this thing to Eve for exploration.

hyzPFH0.png?4

7 minutes ago, Cavscout74 said:

While waiting for lots of stuff to reach various destinations, I decided to mess with another jet - and since I had a contract to test a nuclear thermal jet, that was the obvious choice for a the engine.  Actually got off the ground on the first flight and even landing while only losing one wing.  Second flight was even better.  Got up to around 350 m/s just above sea level before I got bored & turned around, although it was still accelerating slowly.  I may have to look into getting this thing to Eve for exploration.

hyzPFH0.png?4

I love the rounded wings, looks cool.

18 minutes ago, Triop said:

I love the rounded wings, looks cool.

Thanks, they're from SXT mod.  The wings needed something at the end, and they happened to fit perfectly so I went with them rather than trying to find a wing connector piece that didn't look ugly.  I may tweak them a bit to cover the ends of the ailerons.

WE REGRET TO INFORM YOU

Val is on her way back to Wilkin who is waiting at his her MiG 21 to take her home.

TR6qiei.png

zWYGx3d.png

Although she failed the mission she managed to climb her damaged buggy almost to the top.

YDclqde.png

No shame in that, great job Val !

We will now wait on Jeb's return from Minmus.

He has gathered enough science points to create a better rover.

TBC ^_^

Edited by Triop

6 hours ago, Triop said:

Val wants to leave the buggy and sky dive from the mountain when she is done...

What do you think ?

Should she do it ?

Absolutely! 'Nauts need to fly, man!

Case in point: (and how smooth was that segue? About as smooth and slick as most of my craft designs!)

d1UOsix.png

My new game, first orbital mission, with Valentina (driving) and Jebediah (kvetching).

YUJQLtY.png

Yeah. :cool:  (Imgur album linky)

(mod is FASTCORP AutoGarage, and it works fine in 1.3.1; just remember to hit 'S' once - one ping S only  - between 'picking' a wheel and attaching it)

Edited by InterplanetJanet