What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

1 hour ago, Azimech said:

Yeah apparently with Gfycat it's a hit or miss. This time it wouldn't load.

Gifycat makes Imgur on mobile look easy. :P The forum won’t parse the link unless it has a .gif extension. Sometimes the “insert other media” button will work, tho. 

26 minutes ago, Triop said:

We should start a amusement park...

Good Kerm... :0.0:

The things Kerbals go thru just to get a pack of snacks, an entire park full of Kerbal thrill rides should be a truely terrifying concept. :confused:

O dear...

I broke the first rule: "Never drive with your solarpanels out !" and we tumbled over.

Lost both ext. solarpanels but we still have some left...

NniOzj2.png

7kqS1Be.png

:mellow:

EDIT:

We are still driving, I never got this far.

Fbx6Wfo.png

The new wheels/motors are doing fine so far.

Edited by Triop

4 hours ago, Triop said:

I don't allow myself to save, so it has no room for error. ^_^

Bad idea - with all the glitches this game has, it's probably better to not allow yourself to load. The difference being, the latter forces you to accept your own mistakes only. The former forces you to accept SQUAD's mistakes too.

4 hours ago, Azimech said:

Building a chain has never been easier.

Hm... I think I can finally build that trebuchet of mine properly now...

I picked up an awesome contract in career today; a contract type that I didn't know even existed before: Place a sat in KSO above a specific spot on Kerbin! :D Thank you, Squad!!

The contract doesn't specify the longitude of the ground spot, it just places a waypoint on the surface. But I already know how to figure it out. This one is gonna be fun :D

-Slashy

Edited by GoSlash27

20 minutes ago, GoSlash27 said:

I picked up an awesome contract in career today; a contract type that I didn't know even existed before: Place a sat in KSO above a specific spot on Kerbin! :D

The contract doesn't specify the longitude of the ground spot, but I already know how to figure it out. This one is gonna be fun :D

-Slashy

I don't get it, am I a noob now ? ^_^

Other news: What's his name has managed to flip his buggy and is now sliding almost powerless down the mountain...This mission just became a resque mission, no more Kerbals will be sacrificed to Mount Doom...

U52RS0H.png

:ph34r:

EDIT:

We've got stuck lucky and are now recharging power....

TYtrxkV.png

We might still have a mission ladies and gentlemen. &)

Edited by Triop

1 hour ago, Triop said:

I don't get it, am I a noob now ?

Triop,

Basically, what it's saying is that I must place my sat in a specific spot along an orbit, not just merely anywhere in the orbit. And it doesn't provide a reference for me to rendezvous with. It provides a spot, but that spot is on the ground. And it doesn't state exactly where that spot is, it just provides a nav marker. It's up to me to figure out how to get the sat in a kerbosynchronous orbit exactly overhead that little patch of ground.

Luckily, I hosted a challenge last year to do just this sort of thing, so I already know how to do it.

This is a common contract requirement in the real world, and I've never seen it come up in KSP before. I'm really happy to see it.

Best,
-Slashy

Edited by GoSlash27

2 minutes ago, GoSlash27 said:

And it doesn't provide a reference for me to rendezvous with. It provides a spot, but that spot is on the ground.

I think I'm getting it, a bit.

Thanks for the info and goodluck with your career. :cool:

My last spam for today: The distance I've slided down:

LZcoZV0.png

Goodnight kerbinauts.

Today I did a fourth (or fifth?) sub-orbital tourism mission. I'm playing with the game on OMG HARD mode - 20% science, Kerbin science values are all changed to 0.1 multiplier, CommNet with only one station, 110% re-entry heating.

I'm basicly running whatever missions I can in order just to get enough cash to upgrade buildings so I can actually fly missions for pitiful science, in order to get key technologies like RA-2 dish and solar panels. Trying going to Minmus and back on just batteries and with a 30-part limit and high re-entry heating.

Good times!

4 hours ago, Ace in Space said:

The difference being, the latter forces you to accept your own mistakes only. The former forces you to accept SQUAD's mistakes too.

Yeah, I had this happen recently. I was going to a Jool satellite to plan the further route... only to hear an explosion and after a few seconds, the probe core came into view. The rest of the craft was marked as debris.

Had I not quicksaved I would have lost the craft during this Kraken attack. Thankfully it was a one-time effect.

I did some development on Airline Kuisine (and by extension all of the Deep Sky part mods). This test plane confirms the resolution of a known painful drag problem with the particular intake shown (most of the time) and a worse drag problem with the Mk2 long cabin.

If I were to take this craft seriously it would be named the "Flying Dinner Date" because the cabin is meant to provide relatively high comfort for two kerbals. (TAC LS is installed)

LZpKjpj.jpg

jVujyvR.jpg  0jFIJ3Q.jpg

Got Airplane Plus. Reworked my F-15 to add missiles. It somehow turned into a STOL (short take-off and landing) Got tired. Made an SSTSO (singe-stage-to-sub-orbital) plane using only 10 parts. Will add 10 more parts to make it into an actual SSTO soon. (parts will be rockets, crew cabins, docking help, reaction wheels)

Edited by TeslaPenguin1