What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I was feeling bored, so I decided to make a cannon.

9RdRL4R.png

One of the test subjects kerbonauts slipped...

DKvvWSG.png

zDzUj3U.png

XvGUC1g.png

26PXQpy.png

Whoops

(I was using infinite fuel and ignore max temperature to make sure the cannon actually worked)

Edited by ProtoJeb21

Today i launched my first mission to jool.
4Mg3c3o.jpg
The liquidfuel fuselages Really liked the kraken so sadly 2 kerbals lost their lifes before a launchclamp was released and i had to pay for several launchpads before the issue was solved. But if all works out it should be a jool 5 Mission 
Edited by PrvDancer85
How do i get the image as picture and Not as link?

First I updated my main game to 1.4.3 & it looks promising but I don't want to give up my 1.3.1 game yet since I have Outer Planets installed & haven't even gotten to Sarnus yet, let alone anything further out.  And apparently Kopernicus doesn't play nice with solar panels in 1.4.3 until it's updated, so I can't add that to 1.4.3 yet.

In my 1.3.1 save, I finally got my Probes Plus Cassini into Laythe orbit & dropped the Huygens lander.  Only downside is it fell in the ocean - but it does float.  I also replaced my mostly stock 500km relays around Kerbin with Probes Plus Barquetta comsats.   The entire launcher was only 29k:funds: with all 3 satellites, so now I'm going to have to investigate how low on the tech tree the parts become available.

Cassini in Laythe orbit after lander separation:

D9viYb6.png?1

Lander around Laythe.   Unfortunately the reentry & splashed down images didn't come out well.

nQO0cl9.png?2

Barquetta comsat in orbit:

Nx5xe78.png?2

Edited by Cavscout74

4 hours ago, Triop said:

I MADE IT TO THE TOP OF MOUNT DOOM !

giphy.gif

Congratulations!

29 minutes ago, luizopiloto said:

I landed my Skykrane... :P
gsoty8n.jpg

Is that... sitting on the flagpole?!

@PrvDancer85 To post pictures, you need the URL of the image itself, not the page it's hosted on. On most browsers if you right click the image you'll either get an option to copy the image url or to view the properties (which will contain the image url). This url will end in .jpg or .png or some other image extension. Pasting that in should automagically resolve to an image; if not, try using the Insert Other Media button on the bottom right (above the submit button) and insert from URL.

For instance, instead of linking to https://imgur.com/4Mg3c3o you would link to https://i.imgur.com/4Mg3c3o.jpg

15 minutes ago, StupidAndy said:

after a failed attempt at making a fighter jet, i decided to bail out, and use the parachute, and i found out that when you fly a kerbal with the parachute, they move their legs like if they were actually flying it

@StupidAndy Cool what u found out! is it 1.4.3 or 1.4.2thx

@SQUAD really WELL DONE (new ragdoll mode?=)these parachutes- have a FUNNY WEEKEND, Salud!

I think I finally found a place for @TheKurgan inline Warp Core mod. After some serious craft file maintenance at last, I posted this onto KerbalX. One of my prized motherships, The H.M.S. Tieria, it's powered by GN Drives, which are uniquely very difficult for most players to fit into their concepts of "balanced gameplay," but without which this kind of ship and its shuttle are absolutely impossible.

Insert Captain Picard's opening speech here. :cool:

hc6Uoyy.jpg

VFhnWxU.jpg gPDAGkP.jpg

Spoiler

X7Djek2.jpg a7HeU8T.jpg

I also posted the mothership from my After Kerbin adventure, the H.M.S. Manta. I stripped out everything from it except the OPT parts themselves and the radial intakes from Deep Sky Core/Thor Tech. I may possibly make them usable in-space harvesters.

RWlQly7.png 39cEZAr.png

Edited by JadeOfMaar

@quitessais without a doubt the bearing master, just look at his fantastic creations on KerbalX. He recently uploaded a tiny redockable.

But wait until he sees my new Bäring! Jawohl!

4Fmbgfv.png

Nah, that's just a poor yoke. You can't really use it like that. But like this you can:

GZ9YnWp.png

In any way, it's nice to have an ever growing list of proper bearing materials.

Go6aEvO.png

8 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I think I finally found a place for @TheKurgan inline Warp Core mod.

AWESOME! 

I have not used it in a while, been testing for BDAc and getting ready to realease some more SciFi weapons and such.

Does it need to be updated? or is it working fine?

In sandbox mode I decided to visit a very specific place on the Mun. I got there with a simple lander that docks to the "real" spacecraft, much like the  Apollo missions did:

JnlI5Bl.png

Next stop on the list: Minmus. Because of it's low gravity I landed the entire craft there, not just the lander. Looks a bit strange...

BiZ8sUT.png

And finally, after that it was time to go home.

qHc0ziw.png

Edited by Delay

Kapollo 5 finally reached Low Kerbin Orbit after 8 days of travel. After an experimental aerobraking maneuver, Valentina conducts a circularization burn using the nuclear tug:

zepAVjq.png

A couple of correction burns and an alignment burn with Skybase later, Kapollo 5 separates from the tug for the trip home:

yw9Euuh.png

Just before hitting the atmosphere, Bobus undocks the orbital module and jettisons the service module:

MMg6XO9.png

Kapollo 5 careens into the atmosphere of Kerbin, and despite the latest attempt to land back at KSC, Valentina missed.

Pd5JwV5.png

Kapollo 5 landed in the ocean well over 100km away. Fortunately, that's what the KSCS Liberty is for.

GkViq0Y.png

The home-built airship replaced the KSNS Fulton in the capsule recovery role when the Fulton was destroyed in the arctic circle. The Arctic Saucer Incident ratcheted up tensions between the Kerman States and the Von Kerman Republic. Significantly faster than the KSNS Akron- the airship that flew around the world and is now a museum ship- the Liberty reaches Kapollo 5 in record time. Raphia, one of the Akron's former crew, swims over to the Kapollo, attaches the lift cable, and helps the Minmus Expedition 1 crew out of the capsule:

0PvTav2.png

With the crew safely aboard the Liberty, the airship hauls the capsule aboard as well:

GQAL9yn.png

A "long" 20 minute flight later, Liberty and her charges arrived back at KSC. Team Valentina poses for a publicity shot:

Uu1d3Xj.png

Minmus Expedition 1 brought back a bonanza of science:

m3BmGAi.png

With Kapollo 5/Minmus Expedition 1 back home safe and the science secured, KSC declares mission accomplished!