What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

54 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

No, it’s right side up, he’s just at the South Pole. -_-

*Calls Bill Nye*'

In The Mean Time.. 

389935c925bc38c5a03defdfff8a5be1.png1fc5a1bb6ec7071e1979e0060988b68e.png

Polar Expedition Log#2353

Second 2353 of the mission to the south pole. Lost count of seconds so am now just slapping random keys.

MEANWHILE... (IRL(Sorta))

622f320db00b2d9d65fc890522bb424a.png

Contract creating/editing in progress...

(Is shamelessly using mechjeb to fly plane)

Edited by Mark Kerbin

13 hours ago, Azimech said:

That cartoon style Squad loves so much can leave with the next train.

This ... is the result of the Textures Unlimited mod with the stock parts config.

AnO7rGV.png

OMG! that looks amazing. Mine looks like trash compared to that. :blush: craftfile gimmegimme!

Hmmm, that´s what I´ve done today. I built a trashy lookin helicopter.

LctnmhO.png

Now I´m very tired and my brain hurts. Sweet bed I´m coming! Good night folks.

In my un-upgraded hard career, I managed to get a comm relay/science probe in polar orbit of Minmus with just eyeballing burns on the first attempt somehow.  That and landing a pair of Surveyor (thank you Probes Plus mod) landers on Mun earned me a load of science, down to two 90-point research nodes left & I have 50 points of science saved up.  I think one more good Mun landing might snag me that last 130 science points.  One of the Surveyors catching some rays:

SG2osP8.png?2

I brought the Dukes of Hazard to... the moon? I miss my Batmobile now. :( Anyway this rover is intended to carry the engineer and the next thing or more he or she needs to (re)place on a surface base. Because it really sucks when they hold something and can't run or jump anymore.  It has roughly 500m/s in Mono and carries a modest weight in LFO for the fuel cell.

yKKKNu5.jpg

4lJfZ8A.jpg

I updated this plane too, to be able to VTOL and SSTO from 1g rather than 0.5g.....It's an intentional challenge in that the particular main engines (Razors) are not made for SSTO but are best for the low altitudes and thick atmospheres, and have less EC consumption than the Japier engines which are tuned for SSTOs.

These 2.5m Razors get bloody hot quick too... Maybe I should nerf that.

8r6b0Sz.jpg

Mmmm... profile view... :) 

Following this I began experimenting with the Thor Tech radiator. I may have to provide a second one for what I want. It has a novel feature idea inspired by DSEV radiators (by Angel-125).

BwKJxO1.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

I don't know what Dmagic made this magnetometer of, but it's certainly strong stuff

KcjCcpT.png

Yep, it's holding the weight of the ship and keeping it in an angle ready for take off

Edited by juanml82

On 4/25/2018 at 5:25 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

I launched scanner probes, the CubeSat-alike "BuffScan" series (containing nuclear reactors) from the Loki base....and had to HyperEdit the EnrichedUranium back into the base's main reactor because EL took it all from there and not from he Hacienda IMF that's producing it. And I can't transfer it around because that's how the resource is.

pSVBPQ3.png

CBEv1oT.png J9z8rF8.png

I also designed but haven't yet launched a probe control point craft. This is going to take both pilots and maybe a scientist from the base, to Catullus and lead the scanner probes in. Details and more pics are here:

JoynboT.jpg

What mods are you using? extra planatery launch pads looks different, and the flumes are amazing

Well, I tried to dock my Eve lander to my Mothership, Sundivine (It took me to Jool), but the Kraken took over, and ripped the ship's engines and Fuel tanks, from the monopropellant and the lander.

I'm just giving up and deorbiting this.

13 hours ago, Mark Kerbin said:

In The Mean Time.. 

This seaplane is beautiful.  It's yearning to be on KerbalX!

All stock or are those floats modded?

Edited by Hotel26

On 4/28/2018 at 11:15 PM, Kronus_Aerospace said:

OH GOOD LORD

QjAgfmN.jpg

WOW, now that has to be the most spectacular discombobulation ever.

Im guessing you had "no crash damage on", as i was expecting it to look more like this.

PF19v8g.png

The aftermath is in the spoiler.

Spoiler

9jHOM4g.png

That's a 170m long seaplane-tender exploding all at once after a collision with a piddly little fuel-tank (it's a really old pick).

Hello everyone! Today I finally managed to land on Laythe and return, after many-many days of figuring out reentry and gravitational manoevers. The craft didn't actually have enough delta-V to return, so this was the first time I successfully used other planets to give it a little boost. Very happy now, I spent the entire yesterday to design the craft and it wasn't even supposed to be the final returning version - I only wanted to check the reentry of multiple-stage craft and then refine the design. Glad it worked)   IZKjL0So13rvWqumff4s46jJLRYKbt0XtHFyGzCynE70bmIULKgzUxXJwjp1H3wCpMvbR7NOyGiJVb1u

Edited by rewinderon

1 hour ago, Hotel26 said:

This seaplane is beautiful.  It's yearning to be on KerbalX!

All stock or are those floats modded?

That plane is very modded.

I think it’s SXT, Airplane Plus. But not sure. I’ll post a link when I get home

Azi14 Asura has been upgraded to version 2.0! This bird was originally launched in August 2016 and was badly in need of a rework.

BMuzZGC.png

Changelog:

• Replaced the engine with a modern one for a massive increase in durability, performance, endurance and control. Replaced the old, shaky bearings with clean, smooth ones. No more "biting", no more wheels exploding resulting in more friction, and less tendency to roll at high speed. Replaced the 50 Juno's with 8 Wheesley's for a huge increase in ISP and FPS (jet engines eat a lot of CPU power). Replaced the old steel turbine blades with multiple rings of atmo analyzers for more performance. Replaced the ugly steel beam with RCS balls as thrust bearing. Also installed a cooling system.
  • Removed the interiour. It's not like anyone would use it anyway. Huge savings on drag and part count.
  • Placed solar panels as windows instead of the empty holes.
  • Removed the side doors. Without an interiour they were of even less use. Less parts.
  • The tail propeller used a massless part as its root and as a result was limited to 65 rpm. Fixed, it now runs at 420 rpm.
  • Moved the main landing gear from the tips of the wings to inside the fuselage.
  • Made the wings thinner and more aerodynamic, reduced the angle of incidence.
  • Replaced struts with autostruts.
  • Added two more autopilot modes, they are 0, 1 and 5 degrees.
  • Enlarged the elevator for even more pitch control.
  • Removed the navigation light (rotating scanner).
  • Reworked the power modes and made them more evenly balanced (AG 1-4). 25, 50, 75 and 100%. Abort shuts down everything.
  • Replaced the Juno FMJ's (Forward Motion Jets) with 4 Wheesley's and placed them close to the center of mass.
  • Part count decreased from 593 to 470.

a4n4NMf.png

As a result the performance changed as follows:

• Max climb rate changed from 2.9m/s to 6.5m/s.
  • Max forward speed changed from 29m/s to 71m/s.
  • Max flight time increased from 25 minutes to 45 minutes (flying at sea level, economy cruise).
  • Max range increased from 30km (island airfield) to 90km (flying at sea level, economy cruise).
  • Max range at full power: 140km (autopilot at 1 degree, steady climb).
  • Ceiling: 5800m.

ZSN2jwg.png

craft file here

Edited by Azimech