What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

@Burning Kan: I use a couple of Alexustras IVAs, but he has not developed anything for Mk 3 cockpits. And any and all new IVAs get my careful attention, I tend to spend a lot of time there. All my vessels are flow a mission at least once using IVA, so not having a proper one is make or break when I decide on mods.

On 5/2/2018 at 8:59 AM, kapteenipirk said:

WOW, now that has to be the most spectacular discombobulation ever.

Im guessing you had "no crash damage on",

Actually no, there were no cheats active. The reason there are no explosions is because that image was taken the exact frame that the craft flew apart, this isn't due to incredible timing on my part, the game was just frozen on that frame for several minutes, 2000+ parts will do that. Interestingly, in that frame the craft technically hadn't broken apart yet. This is evidenced by the spaghettified  struts still connecting the parts. I assume that occurs every time a craft undergoes RUD

Edited by Kronus_Aerospace

1 minute ago, Mark Kerbin said:

No comment.

I can neither confirm nor deny that I may or may not have been watching Wall-E at the time.

Now I want it, (for pure academic reasons off course...)

It looks stock, would you share it?

Following through with their plans to make Kerbals a multi-planet species, KASA has launched the first part of the KCS Kolony Ship. Unlike previous large scale craft, this vessel is not just a space station, but the first of many ships with which to colonize Laythe. This first part of the ship is the habitat module. It holds 12 family homes which will descend to the surface of Laythe. After deployment, the habitat module will be repurposed to a service hangar in orbit of Laythe. While the Habitat does have maneuvering thrusters capable of adjusting it's orbit, it will need to be docked with a drive module to move it and it's precious cargo of 60 Kerbals to Laythe orbit for permanent occupation.

Hjxk5iF.png

HjxJWms.png

27 minutes ago, Mark Kerbin said:

Loving the fact that it took a mere 35 minutes from you asking for a craft, to having it in game. 

Then you also might like the fact that I restarted KSP just to test your rover. :cool:

I love small things, a bit @Cupcake... style this is.

Anyway, I'm putting my your ant straight to work: Fly rubberducks from Hong Kong Explore the seabottom and find Atlantis.

XkxO1yp.png

So far, so good.

Little bugger does well under water.

You should commercial sell that little bug. ^_^

♪, ♩ Rolling in the deeeehiehieep ♪, ♩

giphy.gif

0KbwI4k.png

Edited by Triop

Finally made a kOS script that adds full cyclic control to stock helicopters w/o exploding the CPU... :P
StQi2aw.jpg
Also... I improved my bearing design to resist all the gyroscopic forces imposed by the cyclic control...

Spoiler

snip of the most important part of the script :P

//Get rotor angle
function rotorang
{
    parameter vess. //Main vessel.
    local x is vdot(vess:facing:forevector, ship:facing:upvector).
    local y is vdot(-vess:facing:starvector, ship:facing:upvector).
    local res is arctan2(y, x).
    if res < 0 {return 360 + res.}
    else {return res.}
}

On 5/1/2018 at 7:25 AM, Azimech said:

That cartoon style Squad loves so much can leave with the next train.

This ... is the result of the Textures Unlimited mod with the stock parts config.

AnO7rGV.png

h8uvvkU.png

C7pPVLC.png

bDsaBUM.png

And I really need to give this bird a new engine, it's almost two years old ... ancient tech.

hmm maybe I'll give it a go if it works with b9
screenshot461.png

1 hour ago, Triop said:

Then you also might like the fact that I restarted KSP just to test your rover. :cool:

You should commercial sell that little bug. ^_^

Really? I’ve just been copy pasting craft files into my save folders. Seems to work.

Or did you need a mod or something? :P

Speaking of the little bug, it may make an appearance in a kerbal academy contract at some point. Perhaps a joint scientist, engineer training mission. 

16 minutes ago, Mark Kerbin said:

Really? I’ve just been copy pasting craft files into my save folders. Seems to work.

Or did you need a mod or something? :P

Haha, no.

I stopped playing KSP and went to the forum and saw your rover, never ment to restart the game until I got your rover .

Dropping and dragging it from Kerbal X took me 2 seconds.

Anyway I stopped playing now, I need some sleep ^_^

Last pic of the day:

xfZZSjf.png

Now that we can "officially" deploy Kerbal's parachutes from Command Chairs, I couldn't resist building the obvious para-trike.

VkFlzR0.jpg

As I usually do for anything that uses air for lift, I couldn't stop tuning the thing until it not only flew acceptably, but really well-balanced and self-stabilizing, a pleasure to fly with a joystick and no SAS.

I had to add two Basic Fins to solve a roll issue. Since I had to add them anyway, I also made them reduce the tendency to pitch-up as speed increases.

At idle thrust, the trim speed is (very close to) 50 m/s at sea level.

I could have reduced the ridiculously high engine power, but then decided that the ability to climb vertically to a few thousand meters before deploying the chute, a cruise altitude of 14000 m, and a cruise speed of 210 m/s at that altitude are actually nice features. :)

As a bonus, the vehicle is a surprisingly good unintended submarine.

Trying to maintain the level flight on the lowest possible altitude

HVS9eXY.png

Well... The most that I've achieved... I managed to do a level flight on 8 meters above the sea level. The radar altimeter must be blaring away during the flight :P Though Jeb looks like having fun with it

https://imgur.com/5QZdhmP

I fixed some rendering settings on my 5 year-old laptop, and am amazed how much better the game runs now, even with this sort of behemoth.

I wouldn't believe that it was the same computer.

Also, I made a Mun Base for fun! I didn't want to work on interplanetary stuff now, so I made a nice Mun base. Uninhabited, until I get some Kerbals on later. Might as well recover those tourist craft orbiting Kerbin and Minmus for 30 years now...