What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I managed to strand Jeb & Kelrik near the Munar north pole after I mistakenly thought I had plenty of dV in their lander to hit 2 anomalies.  Ended up landed near the second one with only ~200 m/s remaining so I launched a small rover with extra fuel to recover them.  As it turns out, it just barely was enough.  Circularized at ~9000m, then my return burn left me only 80 m/s & heading for a 900x1300km Kerbin orbit.  Lowering Pe to <30km left me with a whopping 11 m/s.  I burned it just after reentering the atmosphere, then let the lower stage lose a few parts to heat before staging & subjecting the heat shield to the excessively fast reentry.  Happily, everything worked out ok, although landing was just about as far from KSC as possible.

Kelrik waiting for the refuel lander, gazing longingly back at Kerbin:

8Lrg6Os.png?2

Refuelling rover just before it's final burn:

15d6LFd.png?2

Coming around the south pole in VERY low Mun orbit:

FOR2m7q.png?2

I have begun a new save playing a much more aggressive strategy, pushing ahead without all the technology I need.

I've managed to bring in many of my old designs despite the crudity of the available technology, leaving off ladders and sensors and decouplers and widgets.

Sometimes...  Sometimes the direction it pushes me actually makes it better.

tourist-remover.jpg

Behold my triple-barreled tourist remover.  Mock my theories now!

First Soyuz launch constructed with parts from Making History DLC.

s8xPGUe.png

Crew: -Baikerbonur, WE HAVE A PROBLEM! 
Baikerbonur: - Umm, what is a problem?
Crew: - Escape tower has just jettisoned itself, but it also stole our living module!
Baikerbonur: - ... WUT?! :huh:

TgoZd4N.png?1

Escape tower: - Muhaha, lol

Edited by FeofileGrotter

B. Kerman took his trusty old '50s warbird for our first Kerbin circumnavigation (can't explain why we hadn't tried this before).

You can see he's pretty flushed about setting a new, personal record...  :)  (Click the first for a slide-show.)

jsCNOsn.png  W8hliMb.png  w30cvV1.png

Edited by Hotel26

First real achievement in my Principia career: I landed on the Mun!

93my0AA.png

And I was worried about not having enough fuel. Luckily the mod adds a flight history. As you can see, i had a little too much fuel.

KsBCCCo.png

tgO1rNP.png

PRdv8cZ.png

Before I landed I noticed some mountains to the west of my location. They looked so great that after I landed I took my time and walked over there to take a screenshot.

vJjvmKQ.png

The walk there took 24 minutes real time, by the way. Kerbals and physical timewarp aren't a good combination, so I took the time instead of risking it.

One thing I like about Principia is that you now have different reference frames. Time and time again I am fascinated by how many ways there are to describe one and the same orbit.

21 hours ago, GDJ said:

Another contract being completed. Eventho' some of the passenger contracts are a bit boring, they are great for improving your plane and working on your landing finesse.

Xl51YeZ.png

Cool, reminded me of the Fokker F27 Friendship we used to have on a AFB close to my house. (long time ago)

It has the tail of a Starfighter though, which I think looks cool :cool:

Edit: Nice trick putting those lights in the intakes.

I might steal use that idea :ph34r:

Edited by Triop

I love how, between killer mountains and VIP itineraries, you still have "Orbit Kerbin!" as a contract.

This game is called "Kerbal Flying, Driving, Crashing, Dying Program" after all.

Edited by Delay

3 minutes ago, Delay said:

I love how, between killer mountains and VIP itineraries, you still have "Orbit Kerbin!" as a contract.

This game is called "Kerbal Flying, Driving, Crashing, Dying Program" after all.

I just don't like travelling into space, watching lines in map mode, time acceleration . . . It's just not me.

Kerbin isn't boring if you take your time to explore it.

Space can wait, I just want to enjoy this game for the next 10 years. &)

1 minute ago, Triop said:

It's just not me

Well, you are missing a lot (actually more of the same with different colors, but anyways).

That being said; I'll have to be honest: I, and I'm pretty sure a lot of other people, don't spend that much time inside Kerbin's atmosphere, avoiding it like the plague. There certainly are beautiful landscapes to explore on Kerbin alone, too, see the last image in my post...

I might consider it at soon as I have retractable landing gears, which I might already do (not sure). Those static gears? No thanks.

55 minutes ago, Delay said:

Those static gears? No thanks.

They are not too bad, I hear a lot of people complaining about them.

Most people take too much fuel which is to heavy for the static landing gear.

Most people make too large planes anyway, a small plane can circumnavigate kerbin on 400 LF.

54 minutes ago, DeltaDizzy said:

screenshot1314.png

Duna_Transfer.png

Me flying into a black hole:

giphy.gif

Edited by Triop

2 hours ago, Triop said:

Edit: Nice trick putting those lights in the intakes.

I might steal use that idea :ph34r:

Not intakes. I shifted the lights into the little aerodynamic nose cones (0.625m ones), but the little intakes might work just as well.

It's a good plane. Not fast, but it has one hell of a range on 400 units of fuel (a bit over 2100 km @ 5000 m ASL) and it can land and takeoff with very little runway, so it's perfect for puddle jumping.