What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Launched the DTRN Discovery and KTS Saskia to Duna today. The Discovery is just a basic interplanetary transport for a crew of three, and has enough life-support for about 3.5 years. 

cD7GEe4.jpg

I've mostly been using the KTS design to do crew rotations for my Mun bases. I needed something that could take A LOT of kerbals to the Mun surface and back in a single launch, and the resulting design was basically a mini-ITS (hence the name). It has room for 17 passengers but only 2 weeks of life-support, so sadly no manned interplanetary trips. I sent the Saskia (unmanned) with the Duna mission to serve as a reusable lander.

QQVRl9D.jpg

I'll never get bored of doing aerocaptures!

BesSutX.jpg

Discovery and Saskia docked together over Duna. Tomorrow night I'll have the crew board the Saskia and land in the polar highlands, where an IKEA-style cargo dumper I sent over on the previous transfer window has all the components needed to setup a simple mining base.

G9iULGQ.jpg

Gratuitous mission album:

Spoiler

h47Vgvz.jpg

H5M30kf.jpg

QQVRl9D.jpg

cD7GEe4.jpg

8ueW9nS.jpg

gRrFxYq.jpg

BesSutX.jpg

kjhJhtH.jpg

W6XAmNo.jpg

K9UaJHO.jpg

DhF4afB.jpg

Hx3gLt3.jpg

oOc26Bm.jpg

40svMh7.jpg

U66vN9e.jpg

G9iULGQ.jpg

Ihb3DC4.jpg

Spent ages tweaking my KOS Vacuum Landing script to steer horizontally in the constant vertical velocity braking phase to land at a specified Lat/Long, and then my laptop crashed (think it may have got too hot and shut itself down) and I discovered I hadn't saved the script as I was pasting it in to the terminal rather than loading it from the file :mad:

Still I know how to do it now so it'll be quicker to redo.

Oh and I successfully transitioned to 1.4.3 (having started this career in 1.4.2) now that all the mods I want are available (KER, SCANsat, RemoteTech, KOS, USI-LS, Kolonisation).  Its nice being able load a ship without the landing gear exploding :D

Edited by RizzoTheRat

Modified my mini submarine Umi-03 [DEEP EYES] into a full-fledged research submarine, now rechristened as Kaiyo-06 [ABYSS DIVER]. It features much higher speed, maneuverability, stability and control. Also enabling it to be launched from a mothership by using docking port on top of it

SPWS780.png

wdDFwtZ.png

U7xuAWy.png

Kal7LA2.png

Aside from that, I'm making another submarine. Intended for multi-crew operation, this new submarine can carry 3 crews into the depth of the ocean. This new submarine, named Fukai-07 [KRAKEN BAIT], is a full-stock submarine, easy to control for beginners. Just turn on the SAS, point it to any direction and fire up the engine, you're good to go!

WkfSptg.png

3iIIyor.png

rzW2nuU.png

y7ZqfnG.png

Craft file:

Kaiyo-06 [ABYSS DIVER]: https://kerbalx.com/ARS/Kaiyo-06-ABYSS-DIVER

(STOCK) Fukai-07 [KRAKEN BAIT]: https://kerbalx.com/ARS/Fukai-07-KRAKEN-BAIT

Edited by ARS

Tested out my new lunar lander...

On kerbin...

Landed on the Astronaut complex...

Fell over...

And it exploded. (the astronaut complex and the lander)

Except for the rovers. They were fine. :/

Edited by TeslaPenguin1

The last two days, I mostly did a bunch of mid-course corrections, several "collect science around ________" contracts & launched several ships for upcoming Jool & Duna windows.  The big news for my current career is the first probe landing on Laythe - I totally undershot a land landing by, well, a lot, but it floats so not a total loss.  I also saved high & low atmosphere samples on the way down, just missing surface atmosphere samples. Jool is directly overhead so I couldn't get it in the shot, but got a nice view of Vall high overhead:

PEbBlgx.png?2

Team Jeb (Bill, Bob, and Jeb) and Team Valentina (Val, Bobus, and Payin) launched into orbit with their new Estonian Duna lander- you might recognize it as a kerbalized Mars Excursion Module.

WDWgvXU.png

H2TGXxa.png

After docking with DSEV-2 Protector, the crew moved in, activated one of the S.A.F.E.R nuclear reactors, turned on the recyclers, began basic research experiments, and activated the greenhouses.

CE2Y3CB.png

They are currently waiting for the Duna transfer window to open. The Estonian's transfer stage has some extra Snacks aboard, so it won't be jettisoned and de-orbited until a few hours before initiating the Trans Dunar Injection burn.

Edited by Angel-125

Not exactly today, but ...

I've made a stock helicopter with a working cyclic, it has no reaction wheels that control the attitude, the pitch and roll are controlled by the cyclic/rotor. If you want to talk about it or ask anything, I've also made a topic HERE.

It looks nicer and it's less boring if you change the speed to 2x.

So after a very long hiatus, with exams and getting a wee bit burned out of ksp (so lots of crusader kings and city skylines to fill the void) I'm back and have a new challenge for myself!

I have my normal 10* scale game, with MKS and path finder, OPM, NF etc mods installed and the aim is to reach everywhere! 

WOtIyia.jpg 

After the early exploration, my program already has a reliable means to reach LKO in the form of the Moho MkII

2fOJpBi.jpg 

Only issue is the explosive tower decouplers causing a lot of particle lag on lift off

9wITMAz.jpg 

More to come soon... For now I am going to start this as a log once KVV is working in my game!

Fully automated KOS Mun landing, less than 5m from the specified co-ordinates.

tZ4Z6ix.png

However that was from a direct overflight of the target area (0 Latitude from an equatorial orbit), if I offset the target location a bit to the North it's not veering far enough North in the braking phase so that still needs work.  

I took some time off my Principia career and design a plane! And by plane I mean this thing.

AUlPIiT.png

xWox6Tc.png

It's very difficult to control in turns because for some reason pitching causes it to roll over completely, but by tapping pitch instead of holding it can indeed fly very well!

Only problem is landing, where the controls are supersensitive.

I did it before I went to bed, but technically that's well within today.

I put caps on my spacestation. Lacking basic KSP skills, this took several hours. I didn't take pictures, because no matter how proud I am of it, it's just tubes with ends on it.

Then I accidentally launched the Mercury habitat on what supposed to be a "let's see what happens" launch. It's in orbit, against all odds and tonight I'll be sending up an engineer and a docking-rocket, to disassemble the weightly crap that's stuck on it and push the habitat to my freshly capped station, respectively.

Built a fairly realistic stock replica of the Herschel space telescope.

tP5dSUN.jpg  Image result for herschel space observatory

KSP                                                                              IRL          

Now that the next Jool window is upon me, I got to send my Pumera SSTO to Laythe in this career.   It is by far the nicest flying SSTO I have made, although it is just reverse engineered from XLJedi's Star Ranger.

In orbit, waiting on the maneuver node:

2cgtEKv.png?2

Enroute to Jool, the jettisoned ferry tank is drifting away to a safe distance before a C-4 charge destroys it.  I decided to add a pair of drop tanks to the wings as well for future versions to ensure enough dV in the Jool system.

oCxmTSV.png?2

On 5/22/2018 at 4:41 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Today, i mostly frittered hours away racing Kerbals around in very large circles,  whilst recognizing that @Azimech builds an amazing stock car .  Lowell Blackout modified  , and CanAm racer on the wall ( 2.2 km across, 6.9km track surface loop)

Running hands free at over 100m/s
Cb9OrNg.png

Reveal hidden contents

Do you have a link to that track?

1 hour ago, Kronus_Aerospace said:

Today I decided to make an ultralight, it aint exactly the prettiest thing in the world, but it works well enough

You need to land this on the other one. ಠ_ಠ

or like... in it...

or something...

use a swarm of them to pull it into the air. ಠ_ಠ

Today I had the busiest day in LKO I've had in terms of juggling ongoing activity.  There was a triple docking situation (old ship + new ship + late addition to new ship's mission).  Meanwhile, I was also performing my first capture and deorbit/recovery of non-contract space junk -- 2 of them in one trip.  (They were 95 game days old.  My career is 97 days old.)  And there were also a couple of finicky satellite orbit insertions to fulfill contracts.  I only missed a couple of maneuver nodes, which were close enough that I could get away with doing them anyway, so I'm pretty happy about it.