What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

2 hours ago, Mythical Donuts said:

how do I post pictures on here?:huh:

You use an external host like imgur and directly link the image. Imgur is very popular (I personally use it.) and has an option for sharing when you upload images to it. You want to use the direct link (usually ended by a .png r other file format). The software should auto embed the images. I hope that sorta helps?

I started orbital assembly of a modified raptor 9 design.  Its similar to an eve 4 longship block 4.

Im on xbox so i only play the stock game enhanced edition.  Version 1.2.2 i guess.

New to the game just started playing a month ago.  My son and I (aspiring aerospace engineer) will be on our way to Duna tomorrow to conduct my first landing on Duna.

This will also be my first landing outside Kerbol SOI.

Thanks to community for all the youtube videos and teaching aids that have taught me everything to get me this far.

From the kraken to docking and landing.

TWR and how to collect science.

I've read watched and learned of this game enough to teach my son to dock for the first time.

Its been a rough month but this is a wonderful game of exploration and fascination that i hope will ignite the passion inside my son for this as a career.  May his enthusiasm be as genuine tomorrow as it was the first time we made orbit.

P.s. mobile user apologies for any spelling issues.

Edited by Anarchy76
Spell checks

2 hours ago, Zosma Procyon said:

Among other things, I launched a mobile base to Moho.

H8sDF5v.png

We have very different looking mobile surface bases

BtTgntL.png

At the moment, pretty much all my surface bases look like this,

On higher gravity worlds/worlds with atmosphere the tall fuel tanker is exchanged for small "fuel truck" based around a jumbo 74 tank that loads into the dropship.

Also, the dropship changes depending on the body that the base would be built on, but always has a long mk3 cargobay, a mk3 cargoramp, and a node attached 1.25m docking port.

The base is modular, and I can add on other parts to give it more fuel storage/space for kerbals/drills or ISRU/ arrays of RA-100s (to act as a remote control point/ground station)

I'm not sure if I ever posted this lander here before. It's been transporting goods and kerbals for more than two years for me. It has been to Mun/Minmus and back at least 50 times.

It's the one on the left in this picture:

cJVKr6f.jpg

Here it is docked to a station

VzA9aZ5.jpg

Landed on the Mun

CdkSjpF.jpg

q1hiUGy.jpg

Flying shots

Fhbe7P0.jpg

WItSGpf.jpg

4TjZyTu.jpg

Landing at a Mimus base

Iifu9B6.jpg

P.S. On the first picture you can see early stage of the base, just started colonizing. The last picture is the later stage of the base, the lander is still performing well after all this time.

Edited by Enceos

10 hours ago, Mythical Donuts said:

Hello forum world! I have lurked on here for a while now, and now I decided to stop being a lazy toad and sign up!

Welcome to the forums friend! Hope you find all the answers you're looking for. :3

10 hours ago, Mythical Donuts said:

how do I post pictures on here?:huh:

I use imgur usually. Upload an image, get the share link from the options in the upper right corner of the image once uploaded, and copy the forum BBC code link. It will already have the book-ends on the side of the link so you can simply paste it and it should work.

The same could be used for online images if you want to link the image link without uploading the file yourself. Sometimes you have to book-end it with [link] instead of img, So if doesn't work, you can give [link] a shot. Some sites don't allow reposting images and will stop you from being able to copy it's location, but it's pretty rare that you absolutely need to display an image of that sort.

Edit: Even writing them purposefully down slightly incorrect (I added a space before the / on the second book-end) the second book-end is the same, just with a slash in it. This is what it would look like without the brackets.

imgYOURLINKTOTHEIMAGE/img

or

linkYOURLINKTOTHEIMAGE/link

Hope that helps. I'm not the greatest with computers, but I have done alright in the excrementsposting department.

Another thing I like to do is add a secondary book-end around the link you posted with a spoiler tag. It works the same way, but using "spoiler" instead of img or link.

It's the more considerate route to take in regards to not forcing members to scroll 500km down to the bottom of the page each time they want to see the most recent post.

Edited by MisterKerman

Finally sent the Beli Rumbler on its way! (Actually I sent it twice because I forgot to put a Bon Voyage unit on it first time... which was a fun discovery in low Belisama orbit.)

cnpMrln.jpg

ZkyirN8.jpg

Turns out that 2.01 TWR on Belisama isn't actually a lot, and shedding orbital velocity in just 12km of altitude might be problematic. Fortunately Lyssa Gaelan's ace piloting sees her angling the engines just right so's to bring the lithobraking velocity down to 8m/s, which the sturdy landing legs are able to absorb. This is why mission control always supplies a crate of underwear with every lander.

Annoyingly, the problems don't end there, as the steep hillside proves to be made of loose gravel that does absolutely nothing to prevent the Beli Rumbler from seeking a lower altitude yet again...

7 hours ago, Blasty McBlastblast said:

I had a rescue contract for a landed kerbonaut on the mun, but every time I got within 2.3km the stranded craft would spontaneously explode. 

Many, many attempts were made to approach gently from various directions, but death was always the result. :(

I feel ya

I threw together a lifting body crew transport for when I'm too lazy to use the spaceplane I built for this, then hauled a crew up to the Avalon crew cycler for a trip to Duna.  Once I got them settled, I started building & testing my first Eve crew lander.  I've been to Eve before, but it was using a design I downloaded from Kerbalx.  After some tweaking in sandbox, it seems to be good now.  It's now in orbit attached to a cargo cycler, waiting for the Eve window.  Crew will travel separately since there is only a mk 1 pod on the lander.

Lifting body docked with the Avalon

R7AWIxt.png?2

Crew settled in the Avalon's greenhouse.

il68Q7f.png?2

Avalon burning for Duna.  With full fuel, she's capable of aprox 3-4 round trips to Duna.

ySJuDgm.png?2

Liftoff of the first flight of the Eve Crew Lander

K0pxW1d.png?2

Gaining speed in the upper atmosphere, happily all the pieces stayed intact

DTEGuUy.png?2

Booster seperation

iyGJWXk.png?2

Cargo cycler (just a modified crew cycler without quarters) coming in to dock for the trip to Eve

cgRV6ZW.png?2

Today i Landed Jeb, Bill and Bob on Dres

Now they are waiting for the Return Transferwindow, before they can get home i change the KSS-Crew and refill the Life support.

This time it looks good to return to Kerbin with 2100m/s dV (with Lander docked, but it left it in Dres Orbit)

The Rockets at the KSC

uMitRxA.png

EDqSM3P.png

Jeb, Bill and Bob on Dres

e8qGKmB.png

jFzr7id.png

yrwbDjp.png

aAq2QEO.png

Album a/x05RZTf will appear when post is submitted

Edited by SwissSpace93
Add Embed Album

8 hours ago, Enceos said:

I'm not sure if I ever posted this lander here before. It's been transporting goods and kerbals for more than two years for me. It has been to Mun/Minmus and back at least 50 times.

It's the one on the left in this picture:

cJVKr6f.jpg

-snipped rest of images-

Your lander reminds me of a certain f#%*ing rocket..... :cool:

I didn’t do anything in KSP today, but yesterday I wrestled with getting my second space station module into orbit. The previous shuttle mission failed to get the module into position, so I attempted to launch it on a conventional rocket instead. It kept flipping..... :mad:. Tomorrow I plan to properly launch it, somehow.

Edited by RealKerbal3x

32 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Your lander reminds me of a certain f#%*ing rocket..... :cool:

I didn’t do anything in KSP today, but yesterday I wrestled with getting my second space station module into orbit. The previous shuttle mission failed to get the module into position, so I attempted to launch it on a conventional rocket instead. It kept flipping..... :mad:. Tomorrow I plan to properly launch it, somehow.

Funny thing is I made this lander in May 2016, BFR reveal was in September 2017.

I would say BFR reminded me of my vessel, not the other way around :cool:

Qr4oLNW.png :D:D:D

Just now, Enceos said:

Funny thing is I made this lander in May 2016, BFR reveal was in September 2017.

I would say BFR reminded me of my vessel, not the other way around :cool:

Qr4oLNW.png :D:D:D

Interesting....

Are you sure you aren’t actually Elon Musk?