What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Weird bug. Quickload, undock the door/ramp. The hingeballs stay put and the door slowly floats away. I know what to do though, rebuild the door with a different part as root.

QHogCbG.png

yXC0YOG.png

Another bug: entering/leaving chairs or docking/undocking the door explodes the tires. That's why I've installed retractable landing gear. "No crash damage" also works.

But besides that, what do you think of this stock van? It's great for drifting and has a top speed of 253 km/h.

WE2nIFg.png

Ti3k4LK.png

Talking about fast delivery!

3 hours ago, Jett_Quasar said:
3 hours ago, eddiew said:

How do you get anything like a framerate with that thing? :o 

I lower my expectations.

You still have some expectations? I already waved all of mine! =P

Well… Finally I finally took by acts together and bought Mission Builder. :) 

And then I realized that I have some new facilities around to explore, and decided to map some of Kerbin using Scansat using what is still my best Science Plane until now.

This photo depicts it on the mission to map a route until Dessert Launch Complex, and from there I'll go for Woomerang.
UphJwp4zGzwbsl-8s9Fn7gz9FDi67F1XCXmbMdZg

This little beauty, after being tech updated, is just my best plane to date: 8.800Km of autonomy with piston engines @ 10.000 high doing ~165M/s, or 15.000 meters of Service Ceiling using also the Junos (but the fuel consumption goes through the roof).

Well, this mission will not gain me any money or significant science (if any) and will took easy the rest of the day. Time to use Alarm Clock and start doing something productive of my day in parallel. :D 

EDIT: Somehow, I forgot to activate the Speed Control, the throttle was decreased Turing knows why (I suspect that there're some glitches on MacOS keyboard handling and window focusing…) and I only realized it when I heard she crashing on the Desert - ironically, almost on the Dessert's runway. =D

Well… Reverting to SPH. I'll try this stunt another day!

Edited by Lisias
I could swear I typed the post in full this time… :/

1 hour ago, RealKerbal3x said:

I created a new space shuttle—the Dyna-Flop. I flew two missions into LKO; it flies perfectly apart from some flipping issues on launch (easily dealt with).

I assume this was intentional?

AvoU4DB.png

Back into KSP after a long hiatus (Some Skyrim and Fallout 4 time there).

Just did a test run to get my fueling station into orbit on my test save (test save is sandbox where I can try my ideas out so I don't accidentally kill all my Kerbals.)

This is Jack Station, holding orbit at about 200K.  Mainly used for refueling.  Capable of holding over 1,000 metric tons of fuel (LF 460,800kg/OX 563,200kg).  Plans for adding more comms attachments, a docking node with smaller docking ports (all the current ones are senior) as well as a rescue module to get Kerbals in LKO as well as Minmus and the Mun.  Has the viewing cupola and hitchhikers can for Kerbals to chill, and a science lab for work. 

Got into orbit surprisingly well, and turns fairly easy, even without RCS.  Main idea was to hold a lot of fuel with few parts, and have easy access regardless of which side you approach.

Comments welcomed.

Edited by manek22

I did some research into PQSCity (statics in KSP) and then built a prototype airship for Eve:

Deorbit burn:

5XEal35.png

Made it through atmospheric entry heating:

6FOHWnX.png

Dropping the propulsion system:

JzLCcmk.png

Flying on Eve:

5rGb6up.png

Landing successful:

PsfpXks.png

Back up we go:

ZE27A1l.png

Air launch:

Y9pqu6Q.png

Successful return to orbit:

5xHZ6fq.png

5 minutes ago, Triop said:

I can't see another block . . .

These things?

s-l1000.jpg&f=1

1 minute ago, Angel-125 said:

Air launch:

Ooh I like that. Thats actually probably a lot easier than a full eve return. Can the blimp actually land though?

8 hours ago, Azimech said:

It's a PR disaster. 

Well.... could be worse I guess. Its just an ad disaster. Not a full on company was found to be using child labor or something. That would be worse.

Today I recovered 3 vessels for contracts. Had a face palm moment when after an hour of trying to recover the first vessel and wondering why evrytime I went prograde or retrograde from the vessel I wasnt going anywhere closer. After the 7th or 8th attempt realized my issue was I was controlling the recover craft from a side docking port. Sigh...

35 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:
46 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Ooh I like that. Thats actually probably a lot easier than a full eve return. Can the blimp actually land though?

Yup, sure can. :)

And more than once! :cool:

I got bored and decided to start a Mega Hard Career, meaning everything is on the hardest setting - reentry heat at 1.2, resource abundance at 0.10, no respawn, plasma blackout, 0 starting funds, -1000 rep, 10% science rewards, 10x funds penalties, etc.

The one thing I'm allowing myself is revert and quickload.

A guy tried this a while ago, and found it pretty much impossible. However, world first awards have been added since then, making it doable. I managed to make it suborbital. The one thing I'll note is that Kerbal G tolerance is at 0.01, but it's not a strict multiplier. They black out really easily at around 3.5g. Meaning whenever I have a high acceleration stage, whenever I reenter, and whenever a parachute fully deploys.

It probably won't get anywhere (mainly because of the science nerf) but it's been an interesting experience.