What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

54 minutes ago, Brikoleur said:

Greetings Kerbonauts, the Brikoleur is back.

Welcome back buddy :)

Greetings from Eeloo:

AYX2mGE.jpg

Main camp.

ii4Lqv4.jpg

Yes Jeb, you're a long way from home :P

SIbcFLj.jpg

The true heroes of the expedition :D

ZAACYVW.jpg

The rest of Jeb's ride which, I'd better start fueling up ASAP. According to TWP, if I want to bring him and the gang back anytime soon-ish, the time to go is now :P

Just now, DunnoAnyThing said:

Maybe we need kOS script-sharing?

I definitely will be doing that. I just want to re-organize the script so it's easier to understand, and also generalize it for an arbitrary inclination launch. I will then share it for all who are interested! :D 

1 minute ago, EpicSpaceTroll139 said:

I definitely will be doing that. I just want to re-organize the script so it's easier to understand, and also generalize it for an arbitrary inclination launch. I will then share it for all who are interested! :D 

*Download Scheduled!*

6 hours ago, Brikoleur said:

Greetings Kerbonauts, the Brikoleur is back. 

iMlKFr7.png

I'm in love with that lander design.

How tight is fuel for something like that as far as making it back from a single landing for refeul?

I've been struggling to shed weight/size for a small hopper that isn't so hard to fit into a rocket design elegantly. I can't believe I never though of sideways short 1.25s. I plan to hop a few times then refeul and start all over again. I'll conquer the moon in one mission. (At least enough to finish my science tree.)

Just now, MisterKerman said:

I'm in love with that lander design.

How tight is fuel for something like that as far as making it back from a single landing for refeul?

I've been struggling to shed weight/size for a small hopper that isn't so hard to fit into a rocket design elegantly. I can't believe I never though of sideways short 1.25s. I plan to hop a few times then refeul and start all over again. I'll conquer the moon in one mission. (At least enough to finish my science tree.)

Thanks! :D

This Pea variant has a bit over 2000 m/s on it. I had about 450 left when I hit Duna orbit, and my retro burn had brought it just a hair below 2000. So there was plenty left to RV with the fuel tank. Trickiest bit was docking with it as the lander has no RCS and the fuel tank had no control; luckily it's rather nimble so just spinning it around and tooting with the jet to get it into position was pretty easy.

If you go with the Onion (only one crew) it has much more legs on it, over 3000 I think; it would no doubt work well for biome-hopping on the Mun.

17 minutes ago, MisterKerman said:

I can't believe I never though of sideways short 1.25s.

You're not the only one. I first saw Das Valdez using this particular arrangement during one of his livestreams. Naturally, I copied the idea on my current career's first landers :P

7 hours ago, DunnoAnyThing said:

Edit: Does KerbalX also share kOS scripts?

As far as I'm aware of, no. However, the kOS scripts are basically text files and not particularly large, so it would be easy enough to just put them on my Google Drive, and then link to that when I put the rocket up on KerbalX. On a different note, the generalized script should be capable of landing the rocket at any coordinates (with in reason that is. It can't fly it to the other side of the planet). So theoretically one can land on a droneship using it!  Or at least blow a hole in it because the script doesn't know there's something projecting above sea level there. :D 

Continued with my ripoff Apollo missions using the Bluedog Design Bureau mod, today I sent a Mun rover (In fact two, since I did two missions today) for the very first time.

Am planning to launch my final Mun mission of this Apollo program tomorrow, as well as do a Apollo-Soyuz ripoff and perhaps an Eve/Duna flyby mission (As mentioned before, I did Skylab and Apollo at the same time)

These Soviet parts make everything look better. Here's my first recoverable booster. Somehow it manages to look like it was designed by Tupolev.

On the way up...

crV2M92.jpg

...and down...

0AwTknG.jpg

No landing gear so it has to ditch. My first attempt wasn't 100% successful, some bits came off when I hit the water, but I did get all the expensive stuff back so I'm still counting it a win.

28 minutes ago, Brikoleur said:

These Soviet parts make everything look better. Here's my first recoverable booster. Somehow it manages to look like it was designed by Tupolev.

On the way up...

crV2M92.jpg

...and down...

0AwTknG.jpg

No landing gear so it has to ditch. My first attempt wasn't 100% successful, some bits came off when I hit the water, but I did get all the expensive stuff back so I'm still counting it a win.

Call Roskosmos and show them your booster. It is simply glorious and how come this isn`t allready reality?
All the recent tail-suicide-burn-reusable-whatnots look cool and work but this far more reasonable in my opinion.

Again, excellent. Crazy and excellent.

Put gears on and ...

1 hour ago, EpicSpaceTroll139 said:

As far as I'm aware of, no. However, the kOS scripts are basically text files and not particularly large, so it would be easy enough to just put them on my Google Drive, and then link to that when I put the rocket up on KerbalX. On a different note, the generalized script should be capable of landing the rocket at any coordinates (with in reason that is. It can't fly it to the other side of the planet). So theoretically one can land on a droneship using it!  Or at least blow a hole in it because the script doesn't know there's something projecting above sea level there. :D 

If they’re just text, you could probably share them here (or rather in their own thread), just using the CODE function in the menu above if they’re only a couple kB. :)

Career mode is starting to demand more heavy duty vehicles, so I'm adapting.

Right now I'm testing a sorta kinda Blackbird thingy.

17i4SIh.png

Weather in space is good, we went full cabrio up there.

j4MSks3.png

^_^

1 hour ago, Brikoleur said:

On the way up...

crV2M92.jpg

...and down...

0AwTknG.jpg

Kinda looks like it has two Titan missiles strapped to the side, because you used the Gemini-Titan parts :P

Fueled up Jeb's ride in time for the Eeloo -> Kerbin transfer. We should be seeing him, Bob & Bill in 4 years or so.

Also, a bunch of rescues and recoveries around Dres & Duna:

Spoiler

vBJbgkG.jpg

gB8EYFe.jpg

z5hJ5dw.jpg

Because why not? We've got vacant seats anyway ^_^

PcU6BeS.jpg

And 4.

FkA3DM5.jpg

Meanwhile on Eve...

ehPudKh.jpg

This flag just doesn't want to stay put...

Edited by Atkara

First boots on Minmus. Bob collected all the science and took some soil samples. He's safely on his way back to Kerbin now. Also have no idea how to post images again on here. If I click "Insert other media" and post the link, it doesn't let me click the submit button. Guess I'm just gonna have to move away from Imgur.

-Edit- Here goes...

https://imgur.com/mv3iYds

Edited by Josh IN SPACE

20 minutes ago, Josh IN SPACE said:

If I click "Insert other media" and post the link, it doesn't let me click the submit button. Guess I'm just gonna have to move away from Imgur.

Just paste the direct link to the image as you type. It'll show up.

Edited by Atkara