What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Also, did an early career manned mission to Duna just after sending the first Surveyok unmanned lander. During Duna ascent solar panels broke, and I had only one left, juuist enough to my kerbal to survive (but I had to adjust during trip the panel orientation realtive to the sun to have complete efficiency, otherwize,.. Jebediah would die). And back to Kerbin I had only 20 days of life supplies left, ouf!

Surveyok lander:

NWTyOCy.png

Jetisoned the shielded fairings, deployed chute and..

D8x0SBH.png

Landed!

BrYRWYs.png

Now Jebediah can come and do the same:

Ml6ElkY.png

tQANgTb.png

Hmm..

Cm4pKsR.png

I've been working even more on my rocket landing script. Still only works reliably for RTLS landings, but I'm applying it to a bigger, badder rocket. Currently getting emphasis on the badder part... been having unplanned staging events.

cgw8M9A.jpg

So unfortunately Destin Kerman and Co. will have to wait for their booms.

9Ui2Rja.jpg

On a different note, I made a really big triple-core booster I called the Despacito Heavy because it was loud and had 9 mainsails per booster.

2018-07-28%2014-07-36.png

It worked so I tried to make a Despacito Supreme with 7 cores for a total of 63 mainsails. Unfortunately it did not work so well. It broke...

cP2MmR6.jpg

...the game!  The rocket partially exploded then got frozen like this. Those tanks in the background are drifted around as if on hacked gravity 0.001g... and they kept doing so during timewarp and even when I hacked gravity to 10g.

And then it turned blue!

2018-07-28%2015-04-59.png

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139

3 minutes ago, EpicSpaceTroll139 said:

cP2MmR6.jpg

...the game!  he rocket partially exploded then got frozen like this. Those tanks in the background are drifted around as if on hacked gravity 0.001g... and they kept doing so during timewarp and even when I hacked gravity to 10g.

And then it turned blue!

2018-07-28%2015-04-59.png

Was that a glitch cuz I don't think the rocket was supposed to be blue:huh:

Edited by jack gamer

What did I do... I spent the day misinterpreting the rules of a challenge.

I made an entry to the the Low cost per ton Jool Intercept challenge, only to find out that I'd got the major premise of the challenge wrong (next time I'll do more than glance at the rules).

Attempt 1.

That resulted in me launching this...

ZkzZLqk.jpg

... to put this little guy in orbit of Jool.

iRWwBZB.jpg

Attempt 2.

With new information in hand I decided to have another crack at the challenge using a spaceplane as a launcher, only to realise that I'd still not interpreted the rules correctly.

So using this...

Wu9fDSg.png

... to deploy this little guy, was a complete waste of time.

Y9wmogw.png

But at least I got to see this nice sunset, albeit at the wrong landing site, i.e. not the KSC (next time I'll do more than glance at the map view before de-orbiting) before finding out my spaceplane had about 30 seconds of fuel in it for a landing.

XZoS4rb.png

Fortunately there was enough in it to make the 180 degree turn, before gliding to a landing in the dark at this nice little location (much clearer in daylight) which fortunately was as flat as I'd hoped.

4IlNAQj.png

I found out that older vessels which predate contract aquisition still count as a viable craft to meet parameters regarding"rendezvous/dock two vessels in orbit around..." contract guidelines.

I docked a lander/booster to an old thermometer satellite after a lengthy rendezvous.

I also managed a particularly daring "dip maneuver" during in-flight observations (crew report) below 3900M from a tight polar orbit around Minmus to get crew reports on it as well as 3 other much more forgiving target locations.

Will land and read temperature on the moon surface, plant a mission flag, and head home to collect my money. I'm thinking space-stations soon. Moon tourism could be a good way to fund my missions if I can balance utility for further endeavors with money making passenger payloads.

SSTOs are a very desirable consideration at this point. Even if I can just figure out how to lift a big orange cost effectively to LKO that would be good enough. I would like to make modular probe orange tanks capable of deorbiting themselves for reimbursement, and boosters capable of injection, orbit, and return rendezvous for refueling in LKO at the station.

Then I would only require a reliable shuttle to ferry passengers to LKO to begin their trip.

KSP journey to the galaxy: part 1814E58AC3C70AF7E51E0240BCFDD7FBAD97BB107Some say there is one Kerbal on Laythe........B07C722FBB5E4B2376D3C898C277D52B5CE3A0CFI say nooooo....... there isn't just a Kerbal on Laythe, there are four kerbals on the moon I MEAN LAYTHE!CE12CE30F1C1897535BECEC398AED27C1425E14AJeb: alright guys, time to plant the flag 16C74B4A301EC08F3491BE1514BA1BDCB00BD44EJeb: Here we are KASA is here!F7F290705C6F645E23D7F0211E4B31C61CFF4CBAEnd of part 1, part 2 coming soon!

Edited by jack gamer

I assembled an interplanetary ship in orbit!

Kerbsmarck.jpg

I broke it up into two parts, front & rear, and launched them separately, then joined them in orbit using Konstruction ports. The two rovers were also launched and docked separately. (I have a lot of parts mods installed, but Stockalike Station Parts Redux by Nertea is the best, IMO.)

Life support and habitation systems test was successful (USI Life Support), now just waiting on the transfer window. A resupply mission to top up fuel, water, and snacks is scheduled immediately prior to departure.

This thing is very cool but it is tanking my framerate, unfortunately...

Today, Jeaneane Kerman and Mafrey Kerman gave their lives for the testing of a long range jet-propelled missile.

First test with the rocket propelled version on the dedicated test craft, the 32X

19jUdZU.png

Qsmz3fs.png

Following a quick test with the jet missile, a Stearwing A300 was set to be the target for the next test.

Xhi6Lnz.png

A good shot just before impact

7J1QbV3.png

Another shot from another missile of the A300 after impact, the right wing is destroyed.
hip8vX6.png

Unfortunately, during the 3 tests with the Stearwing, Jeaneane and Mafrey failed to escape the A300 before it crashed. Henceforth, the missile is named the Jeaneane Mafrey Jet Missile.

That said, the SAS guidance is not good enough for anything smaller than a large target like the A300. The most damage 2 missiles did to the 32X was ripping 1 of its wing panels.

Edited by Mignear

With a very entertaining explosive re-entry into Kerbin's atmosphere my not-so-aerodynamic lander did it's part to shed a little of the excess velocity by burning it's remaining fuel.

zxh56N5.jpg

My space program was on it's last legs before my previous launch was planned, but now that all loose ends have been tied up business-wise I have gotten advances on a series of lucrative contracts that will be trivial to add to the mission profile of a launch for my own purposes. The game is really opening up for me financially and technologically. I'm very pleased.

YGApGLQ.png

First manned mission in my new RP-1 career! The X-0, it uses modified V2 engines, can reach Ap about 200 km (but cut off engines before for "safe" return). Crew: Youri Gagarine launched from Cap Canaveral, obviously, the cold war seems to be in a cool way :)

What a red cloudy day!

hiNcMpW.png

Reached space, first stage separation:

z7mVOp7.png

Reentry (drogue chutes were deployed at high altitude to slow down a bit)

kgdN5iB.png

And back!

F728mPX.png

Edited by kurgut

First artificial satellite! I'm happy with this early launch vehicle I never made before, it has 11.000 dv, a bit too much right? So I have now a launch vehicle for all my LEO sats contracts (even polar), and maybe for Moon fly by/impactor missions (with a fourth stage added), glorious !

First stage is using redstone engine in upgraded A-7 configuration burning now Hydyne/lqd Oxygen

Second stage is our dear very early AJ-10, and last stage aerobee (AJ-27 upgrade).

Oh yeah, and I had 5 consecutive engines failures before getting one rocket to orbit ( kiss to testflight mod :sticktongue: ).

BZXtoY3.png

Second stage firing.

5kdGS3K.png

Ap at 15000 km!

SXeFjLW.png

Edited by kurgut

7 hours ago, Mignear said:

Today, Jeaneane Kerman and Mafrey Kerman gave their lives for the testing of a long range jet-propelled missile.

19jUdZU.png

Looks more like a missile-propelled jet. :cool:

have you checked out BD Armory?

5 hours ago, purpleivan said:

As best as I can tell, it's located at -3 , 8 on this map.

http://ksp.deringenieur.net/

Ah! Thank you! I’ve been looking for a map tool like this forever!

25 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Looks more like a missile-propelled jet. :cool:

have you checked out BD Armory?

Well, the jet is only to bring the missiles up to altitude and drop them before I switch to them, set the jet as target, use SAS target guidance, and switch back.
Using jet engines for missiles do make for very persistent missiles though, especially if they are sufficiently agile. More often than not, the missiles crashed into the ground(or the target) or each other(happened once during the A300 test), they just don't run out of fuel that quickly, I'd imagine its very helpful for Kerbals wanting to practice missile dodging in airliners.

This was from the test with the 32X as the target.
zZ1OZJV.png
The whole time I was flying below 5k and was keeping the jet steady to see how accurate the missiles are. The missile missed, and dived down since it homed in on me from a higher altitude, it then pulled up from that altitude to continue chasing me.

I know of BD Armory but I personally prefer to work within the limits of stock parts.

PROGRESS! WE HAVE PROGRESS PEOPLE!

6Q02TGG.jpg

iyRmn9r.jpg

We've also got texture glitches though... textures a spazzing in and out, seemingly not sure whether they're supposed to be there or not... Anyone seen this before? I suspect it has something to do with Scatterer, Environmental Visual Enhancments, or Stock Visual Enhancements

De04IRX.jpg

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139

I did it! First Moon fly by and impactor without modifying my first orbital launch vehicle, I only put a liter probe (Pioneer) and it did the job. I had to do a direct Moon ascent since my last stage cannot restart, so waiting to have right inclination and phase angle to launch.

OiKZgiz.png

IquHvPA.png

Quick, quick, transmit all that science before we crash!

Um6YuzU.png

I spent a small chunk of time yesterday tweaking and finishing my "Third Generation" set of suit textures. These are all-new textures for kerbals, helmets, and jetpacks, using the stock textures only as guides for placement. (My previous suits all used Squad textures in some manner, and were mostly just recolors.) The idea here is "simple, not excessive."

Still a few goofs to clean up, and I'd like to do something to the visors, but I think these are almost done. 

AHwF78D.png

8kOEQfN.png

6JEYpA3.png

QN06TF1.jpg