What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I got around to figuring out how to keep MechJeb from pumping all the monopropellant overboard on landings. I downloaded Visual Studio and managed to recompile MechJeb locally and started tweeking it to better behave for me. 

2 hours ago, Cydonian Monk said:

I spent a small chunk of time yesterday tweaking and finishing my "Third Generation" set of suit textures. These are all-new textures for kerbals, helmets, and jetpacks, using the stock textures only as guides for placement. (My previous suits all used Squad textures in some manner, and were mostly just recolors.) The idea here is "simple, not excessive."

Still a few goofs to clean up, and I'd like to do something to the visors, but I think these are almost done. 

AHwF78D.png

8kOEQfN.png

6JEYpA3.png

QN06TF1.jpg

seems legit, cool!

I opened a rift in Kerbin!

Nvx9Xbz.jpg

Also apparently my landing script no longer works for unknown reasons... It's able to get one booster on target, but not the other one. The other one over-corrects, snaking around wildly in the air, until it eventually careens into the ground at a shallow angle. The one that gets on-target for some reason seems to be having radar altimeter problems, either "landing" 20 meters up in the air before dropping like a brick, or hitting the ground without the leg deployment process complete. I really don't get it. :huh:

Edit: I broke Kerbin even more.

MbDdWKN.jpg

The out-of-control booster can also be seen.

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139

Today, I launched the Very Large And Effective Listening Device (Actual name) into Kerbin orbit, as requested by the Kossad secret service. (Dont tell the Koviet KGB though!!)

screenshot39.png

screenshot44.png

screenshot46.png

Size does matter after all, these darn Koviets ain't gonna beat that...

screenshot47.png

Nice to hear from you Koviets again!

2 minutes ago, Zaphod12 said:

Today, I launched the Very Large And Effective Listening Device (Actual name) into Kerbin orbit, as requested by the Kossad secret service. (Dont tell the Koviet KGB though!!

Nice! which mod is that?

Started a rebuild of Kerbin Station, including a much cooler docking setup for my station SSTO transport. Loving the new structural panels and the inflatable airlock; it works like a dream. You'll have to excuse the tugs Klawed to the side; haven't had time to get them a permanent setup yet.

UzRt3yY.png

Spoiler

Mjxv2tq.png

I released a short video showing off my F-22. The primary motivation for this was to test a couple techniques to produce quality video while working within the limits of my editing software and CPU. The video was shot in 720p (the maximum of my editing package) at 10fps, and sped up to 30fps in post. I entered my screen resolution wrong in OBS, resulting in the interesting over-the-shoulder shot, but that's not a massive problem for me.

I also posted the F-22 on KerbalX: https://kerbalx.com/servo/F-22-Raptor_2

QOP4xqq.png

I also had a bit of fun with my F/A-18. I strapped six missiles (stock sepatron missiles) and two bombs and tooled around KSP a good bit.

2 hours ago, papuchalk said:

but have you ever tried to add reaction wheel to a rover? see what happens on Kerbin,

I frequently do!  But I recommend setting them to SAS-only mode, unless you need to flip them.  If you have any point of control on the rover that points up (like a little Docking Port Jr.) you can set it to point radial-out and let your reaction wheels keep the rover level even during sharp turns or rapid breaking (up to a point of course, you can overwhelm the SAS if you are too aggressive.)

My Duna mission arrived in orbit today.  Still had over 400 days of snacks remaining on the transfer vehicle when it got into orbit, not counting recycling & the greenhouse.  The rest station & two tankers should provide more than enough to get to the transfer window & the trip home. 

Came out kinda dark, but the Duna lander rendezvousing with the transfer vehicle

l2KFlBb.png?2

Duna landing & flag planting near a familiar looking easter egg

sLZ479X.png?2

Return to orbit with Ike rising

HNBqS9o.png?2

Lander about to dock with the Duna rest station.  Vall will be bringing the transfer vehicle in to dock in another day and the second tanker should be arriving in a few days as well.  I should be able to get Vall a Duna landing as well & I'd like to get an Ike landing done as well, but fuel might be getting a little tight by that time.

5gYkki2.png?2

Edited by Cavscout74

Apparently, exiting load distance at mach 2.6 blew up the landing pads for my boosters from 25 kilometers away, sending pieces flying off at several kilometers per second

geYVuwK.jpg

Nerfing my buffed load distances in the physics cfg by an order of magnitude fixed that and....

jjrEYsb.jpg

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139

2 hours ago, Zosma Procyon said:

I'm working on a new 34m tall base for Tylo. I think it might have too many lights. Actually I just have to turn off the landing gear lights.

TXJ4IX6.png

Get the Stack Inline Lights mod, it is so much better for general illumination.

First unmaned thing to come back from earth orbit, science payload is large return camera and mass ion spectrometers, preparing for manned orbit mission!

bXzsMwV.png

Reentry

EbLKOl7.png

The little Vanguard is safe!

lFtwMEL.png

Edited by kurgut