What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

1 minute ago, kurgut said:

Yes of course, and with Realism Overhaul to have realistic engines thrust, fuel, communication, etc, and RP-0 mod (career mod), well it's RP-1 which is udapted for 1.3.1.

I recomend you RP-1 since stock career game is not balanced at all, but of course that's if you wan't to play career mode :)

You should check the RP-0 discord: Installation instructions, support, cool community.

Just look at the tech tree, all is balanced in historical progression:

OY1GQVa.png

looks pretty dope:)

I got my new Tylo base together.

fLLq0RD.png

It'll launch on two separate rockets.

An earlier attempt to fit the pieces together didn't work out. The I think the autostructing was wrong and it summoned a Kraken.

yfci9Y4.png

After this is kersploded. And...

LUjSLKJ.png

...it wreck my airstrip. This explosion cost me 8 million credits. It was an expensive base, a lot of NUK's, and since the kraken froze the game and I had to force quit, I couldn't revert to launch.

I'm performing a fairly daring maneuver which I can only hope pays off.

I've sent my booster into position to achieve a polar orbit and sent my lander with 1 free seat and Bob at the controls into position to attempt a rendezvous with a stranded contract kerbal. After I collect the personnel I'll land, plant a flag, then rendezvous with my booster. Hopefully all goes well, as I am unfortunately testing a lander which is a hog on fuel to begin with, and I've modified to be *AHEM* much heavier...

HlXiqei.jpg

UPDATE:

I have the stranded Kerbal aboard my lander and the lander is insanely stable and reasonable on fuel in spite of my worries. I'm going to call it WorkHorse and continue tinkering with the design, but it's already exceeding expectations.

dNzv03P.jpg

xTrhueh.png

Edited by MisterKerman

Many things! I've upgraded my Titan LV in AJ-7 configuration (1964 tech), now burn Aerozine/NTO, and added great Centaur upper stage with restart capacity, making payload to orbit about 7 t. I've also unlocked lunar rated heatshield, meaning I can't return from the moon (what I did, with unmanned, but not landing), and land at Mars/Venus! Also unlocked the gemini stuff, so preparing for Gemini missions :)

Preparing to launch:

6PlNxqt.png

Inititial ascent

IdBeC1o.png

Second stage (LR-91) firing

MeGFgom.png

Centaur stage finshing ( the whole thing take 11 min to make orbit!)

acuVZmo.png

Here I launch a probe to a Vesta flyby (Vesta is kind of big Gilly protoplanet orbiting in the asteroid belt)

5CPBq3M.png

Also my third Mariner mission arrived to Mercury, goodness, it's hot here; just to see I put a maneuver node to see how much it takes to circularize, .. and was about 10000 d/v needed = not for now :)

Very low flyby:

APeeaWW.png

Good bye Mercury:

36XUPfp.png

First Venus landing! the Venera-4 mission launched by Titan-Centaur Launch Vehicle, Transfer stage is AJ-10 advanced version.

Lander separation, chute armed and programming the flight computer since I will not have working connection during reentry and landing.

kMA0IbK.png

Reentry, hot hot hot!

CyZFOdW.png

ccWGdwA.png

Final descent. And, our scientist were wrong, Venus surface is not white, those are clouds that oclude it! how stupid! (:sticktongue:)

2OV5iO2.png

It's hot here, the whole thing almost overheated, but was fine finally. Have to wait 50 days to have connection and transmit the herculeous amount of science gathered.

lE0SOoO.png

One thing sure, we'll not send any kerbals here, but wait, why not? :)

Edited by kurgut

I just did a very early CREWED Moon flyby with one crew (historically apollo did that, but I can do it, so why not?! ) The rocket is called T(h)rusty, because it has juuuuust the right amount of deltav to do a free return moonar flyby: when achieved orbit, had 27 dv left, and after lunar transfer, well 0 dv left, (had to finish with RCS).

The rocket is a Titan (AJ-7) and centaur upper stage, transfer stage is AJ-10 (advanced) with restart capacity. First stage improved with 2 early Titan solid boosters, which raise the launch mass at 510t, and initial thrust is 5 MegaNt! :) Crew: (always) Youri Gagarine, maybe his last mission, he start getting old and will retire soon.

Pre-launch:

ulSv0Wl.png

LAUNCH!

SYuz83C.png

LES jetisoned (with some unplanned nice explosions.. :) )

PM5DeoK.png

Centaur stage getting hard to finnish this orbit:

P5yJc27.png

T(h)rusty spacecraft separation:

Spoiler

w6D2Yew.png

After transfer burn and 2 days of travel, arrived at Moon, Youri is so gloriously happy

sqi80nl.png

Aimed return periapsis at 71km, to capture first and second reentry to land (precaution, and had some life support left)

P8LaRpp.png

BUT: After what seems to be a bad design from Werner Von Braun, the antenna decoupler, under which ispacked  the main parachute failed to decouple, letting the chute blocked.. so had to quicly get out of that pod with the science and using EVA personnal chute to land.

tjKCrG9.png

Fiouuh! Safe, finally :)

c1SrxmA.png

Youri splashed in Indian Ocean, near south west India.

Edited by kurgut

Well, I saw comments above about the stock career mode not being balanced....

I have not yet finished my tech tree completely, but only some stuff in the last two tiers left. (Stock career mode on normal difficutly....my first game in this game...started off directly with career mode).

And after never being farther than Mun and Minmus, I started getting those "5 tourists to minmus and mun" contracts as well as "Sentinel" contracts.

Yesterday and today combined I did 2x 5-Tourists, landing on both Minmus and Mun. As well as 2 Sentinel contracts...both with the same probe.

Just went up from 3 million to 1,3 billion in funds :confused: with those contracts.

So...what would you do with 1,3 billions of funds? Ideas please, think big! :cool:

Edited by Stunkfish

36 minutes ago, Stunkfish said:

So...what would you do with 1,3 billions of funds? Ideas please, think big! :cool:

Ye, in normal difficulty, let's say the game is easy :)

you should: Any manned interplanetary mission, Duna base camp, Laythe and back manned mission, etc.

Build a huge glorious space station above kerbin, then above Mun, then above Minmus, then everywhere. Then capture asteroids, and build base in those asteroids.

build the biggest and expensive rocket you can with your current technology and watch it crash on launchpad (or not).

Try to send a kerbal to Eve, and back to kerbin, and alive.

Send a manned mission as close as the Sun you can, and build a space station there to have Kerbals getting their skin much green than they already had.

Build an underwater base in kerbin, then on eve, then on laythe.

Hire  at least 100 kerbals, and send them and back in any planet/moon, in a single launch.

Then, build and try to fly any crazy megalomaniac rocket/plane/rover/car/submarine/probe/thing/stuff design you can imagin.

Then if if you lack inspiration, just hit "Kerbal space program" and "crazy" or "huge" or "amazing" in youtube search bar, you'll have inspiration for your career game for at least ten years.

:)

Edited by kurgut

13 minutes ago, kurgut said:

Ye, in normal difficulty, let's say the game is easy :)

you should: Any manned interplanetary mission, Duna base camp, Laythe and back manned mission, etc.

Build a huge glorious space station above kerbin, then above Mun, then above Minmus, then everywhere. Then capture asteroids, and build base in those asteroids.

build the biggest and expensive rocket you can with your current technology and watch it crash on launchpad (or not).

Try to send a kerbal to Eve, and back to kerbin, and alive.

Send a manned mission as close as the Sun you can, and build a space station there to have Kerbals getting their skin much green than they already had.

Build an underwater base in kerbin, then on eve, then on laythe.

Hire  at least 100 kerbals, and send them and back in any planet/moon, in a single launch.

Then, build and try to fly any crazy megalomaniac rocket/plane/rover/car/submarine/probe/thing/stuff design you can imagin.

Then if if you lack inspiration, just hit "Kerbal space program" and "crazy" or "huge" or "amazing" in youtube search bar, you'll have inspiration for your career game for at least ten years.

:)

Ohhhkay....that's a lot to ingest, digest, and then try to get out haha. I'll give a few of those ideas a kerbal try!

About Youtube...after watching tons of Scoot Manley...i just discovered Stratzenblitz yesterday evening...OMG :o

Thx for your kinput!

5 minutes ago, Stunkfish said:

Ohhhkay....that's a lot to ingest, digest, and then try to get out haha. I'll give a few of those ideas a kerbal try!

About Youtube...after watching tons of Scoot Manley...i just discovered Stratzenblitz yesterday evening...OMG :o

Thx for your kinput! 

Haha, well you sayed "thing big" :)

Yep, good!

Before Dizon and Bob return home to the safety of Kerbin a small financial matter has turned up. With plenty of fuel and no reason why not the two are reluctantly going to undock, land, and rendezvous one last time before heading home.

6F2DD6A.png

Edited by MisterKerman

Meanwhile, 300km above Earth water, two Gemini spacecrafts flying together

VBX6ayg.png

First Earth rendez-vous contract completed, launched with Titan LV.

Neil Amstrong's pics from command pod:

rO3EyrF.png

DkL84hG.png

Just as the real pic :):

lbGwugM.jpg

I took my Podracer Stratolauncher and tried a Virgin Spaceship kind of thing. The conditions are entirely different so I cannot call this in anyway a replica. Namely, the real stratolauncher was effectively powered by Junos, and Virgin's plane likely runs on SolidFuel.

Honeyview_screenshot612.jpg

Honeyview_screenshot617.jpgHoneyview_screenshot620.jpgHoneyview_screenshot624.jpg

I'm a bit sad now. It was working for a while, but now I seem to have completely broken the terminal portion of my booster guidance script. I'm now getting landing CPE on the order of 35m. Not good enough to land the boosters on the pads at the KSC, and definitely not good enough to land the center core on a droneship. Test flights take about 20 minutes in real life, so fixing it will take a while. :( 

Anyways here are some beauty shots:

XHe72eF.jpg

d8uMl24.png

9p9n6YQ.jpg

b0pobv3.jpg

Occasionally I get a problem where one of the boosters comes back to life after landing. Doesn't get very far since the boosters usually land with fumes left in the tanks. I might have to tell the script to completely shutdown the engines instead of set the throttle to zero after landing.

tlRO1sw.jpg

Port Booster: Landed off target.

Starboard Booster: Landed off target... WHEEEEEEEEE!!!

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139

Been working intermittently on a complete rewrite of my kOS Apollo-style mun-and-back mission. Finally have the first half up to the precision landing down. Just gotta finish the second half of the mission.

Edited by blorgon

I made a refueling station. Dizon, recently rescued in orbit around Minmus will unfortunately have to man the Gas Bar all by herself, but the reception is incredible on her television set.

NoPCAjV.png

It's supposed to look goofy and neat.

Ugpqoa5.jpg

ISy8e1T.jpg

EFJ2lTn.jpg

I had to ditch the apparatus I used to hold this wobbly thing together in it's fairing, then dock my booster back with the fuel station as a space fuel tank. This was a tense mission due to a bad case of the wigglies.

7uA56HV.jpg

Edited by MisterKerman