What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I've been sick for the last few days, the heat is getting to me.

Today was hell but I did manage to feel good enough to work on my upcoming Dessert Derby challenge.

New buggy + transportation :

pQtO6Sx.png

ORqpu8i.png

Cp1Oubb.png

UZgYDxm.png

The plane flies and lands smooth, the buggy is locked by docking ports.

Tomorrow I hope to test it flying it to Dessert Airfield, but I guess all flights will be cancelled due to extreme hot weather . . . :unsure:

Spoiler

s7dI7x4.png

Edited by Triop

35 minutes ago, Triop said:

Tomorrow I hope to test it flying it to Dessert Airfield, but I guess all flights will be cancelled due to extreme hot weather . . . :unsure:

Gee, that sounds familiar... :rolleyes:

I’ll see your “frying an egg on the sidewalk” and raise you a full steak dinner and fresh-baked cookies. 

Simulating lightweight early nasa proposal for manned moon landing, gemini lander (~2t only!), ad so the gemini spacecraft is used.

2 launches, first a centaur stage with the lander at top of it, then the crew with the Gemini, docking to centaur who'll do the Moon transfer and initial descent.

Maybe I'll go for this :)

y32uoJZ.png

NLI2ptX.png

U0UZbmI.gif

And completed first docking contract, so gemini again! Docked with ATV:

XHcj73f.png

Edited by kurgut

Just discovered a massive error in my Falcon-9ish booster guidance script that's apparently been there since I first implemented targeted landings.

Until (ship:altitude < 27000) //Wait until air is thick enough for steering, but meanwhile do some stuff    <---
{
	<Stuff>
}.

<Stuff> //Main descent guidance setup

Until (ship:altitude < 32500) //Main descent guidance loop    <---
{
	<Stuff>
}.

<stuff> //Terminal descent guidance setup

Until...

Notice the first altitude check is lower than the second altitude check. So the main descent guidance loop NEVER RUNS!!! My boosters have been running on their terminal guidance the whole time... All along I've been changing all these values for the main loop and just IMAGINING that it's helping.

I'm dying right now :lol:

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139

9 hours ago, kurgut said:

docking to centaur who'll do the Moon transfer and initial descent.

Crasher stages for the win. That’s I’ll I’m saying. :cool:

1 hour ago, EpicSpaceTroll139 said:

I'm dying right now :lol:

Well... at least you didn’t install an accelerometer upside-down... then pound it in with a hammer... <_<

2 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Crasher stages for the win. That’s I’ll I’m saying. :cool:

Ye, brutal nasa plan, since centaur is jetisoned at 2500 above terrain:

(still simulating for now :) )

VAgppdi.png

wT8Gm87.png

Edited by kurgut

3 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

The pictures would have been glorious.  :cool:

Yup, imagin Neil Amstrong in this ridiculous KSP nasa style lander instead of beautiful Apollo LM, would have been fun. I made a not historical version with descent and ascent stage. Ascent stage is really ridiculous haha:

YOVgVgN.png

Edited by kurgut

I have decided to engage in a launch hiatus or the next two or three in game years. Three reasons: (1) I have about 20 flights currently en route, including more than 20 kerbals en route to Kerbin from Jool, at least 5 of which are rescues. (2) I have a lot of contracts piled up because of how long it takes to complete missions in the outer system. (3) Most of my non-five star but still experienced kerbals are in transit back to Kerbin from Jool.

So except for a few rescue contracts at Dres and Jool that I just accepted, and a Moho asteroid station ready for launch (that I cheated the asteroid into Moho already), and maybe a mission to "Explore Tylo", I'm not going to start anything new until my schedule is cleared up. And thanks to the KSP Alarm addon, I will be kept busy while fast forwarding through time.

Made my first pratical SSTO. It seats 4 passengers and a pilot and carries no payload. It will be used to ferry passengers to their terminal in 120KM orbit around Kerbin for space-flights to the moon. I'll need to get to work designing a commercial lander to seat at least 4 or 6, but I feel I have a lot to do in the meantime before I reach that point.

pFyRpcH.jpg

Apparently inflatable airlocks are not the same thing as docking ports... this was a very frustrating learning experience.

OKl8s2D.jpg

Docked. I'm missing a light plant on my gas bar but luckily I remembered this when designing the docking mechanism on my plane.

yePARFS.jpg

BEQj0qx.jpg

2 hours ago, kurgut said:

Bad guy!

:)

I've moved dozens of asteroids the right way. So much that the easy to reach rockets are kind of depleted. So I decided to pluck rocks out of bad orbits and use them for space stations. I'm still flying in the stations the slow way.

5 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

The pictures would have been glorious.  :cool:

I can see it now. The American flag being planted right next to the crumpled and exploded remains of a booster.

Edit: Booster guidance is working again!

VHylrm0.jpg

Getting error under 10m now. Completely acceptable!

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139

2 hours ago, Alchemist said:

It docks. But with the small docking port

2 hours ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

It does? Nice!

Good to know. 3:

EDIT: Oh gosh. I just realized Jeb switched places with Bill... I guess he wanted to be the first to try out the new type of ship.

I just finished docking a fuel tanker to my refueling station! Looks great.

sVU7RWo.jpg

Zlx7MmA.jpg

Edited by MisterKerman