What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

6 hours ago, Zosma Procyon said:

I've moved dozens of asteroids the right way. So much that the easy to reach rockets are kind of depleted. So I decided to pluck rocks out of bad orbits and use them for space stations. I'm still flying in the stations the slow way. 

Of course, no problem :)

On 8/2/2018 at 3:00 AM, blorgon said:

Been working intermittently on a complete rewrite of my kOS Apollo-style mun-and-back mission. Finally have the first half up to the precision landing down. Just gotta finish the second half of the mission.

Nice! A video of the code working when completed would be awesome :)

Edited by kurgut

I launched 2 orbiter to Mars and Venus in polar orbit, with high aerobraking to reduce deltav needed to capture (but without burning up!), they goal is to provide communication for future landers/rovers in the body surface, and start mapping the surface too.

Also launched the first extrabody rover, the Lunokhod (hitorically launched in 1969) !

Laaanding:

4HWVzFK.png

Get rid of those fairings

YoEQ9WI.png

And now travellling a 10 km around the moon surface, transmitting imaging and surface sample data.

EeFZ1Ib.png

Kind of real replica :)

4CoM5bo.jpg

Edited by kurgut

Just launched the Voyager probe to do the first Jupiter and then Saturn flybys! Launched with Titan III-E. Ejection burn aim to a Jupiter encounter, and then a deep space maneuver to fine tune Jupiter periapsis, and so perform a gravity assist which will bring me to Saturn (with then a correction burn too) ! Jupiter encounter in 2 years and a half, don't know for Saturn, maybe 4 years! :)

Nice morning launch:

ZHvINMZ.png

Voyager payload assist module finalazing ejection burn:

EQdIiGO.png

After deep space maneuver, showing nice Jupiter's gravity making me encounter Saturn:

eWn6Zmo.png

Now, just have to wait!

Edited by kurgut

12 minutes ago, kurgut said:

Just launched the Voyager probe to do the first Jupiter and then Saturn flybys! Launched with Titan III-E. Ejection burn aim to a Jupiter encounter, and then a deep space maneuver to fine tune Jupiter periapsis, and so perform a gravity assist which will bring me to Saturn (with then a correction burn too) ! Jupiter encounter in 2 years and a half, don't know for Saturn, maybe 4 years! :)

...<snip>...

Every one of your posts reminds me how much I loved realism overhaul and makes me want to download everything again. :D 

3 minutes ago, EpicSpaceTroll139 said:

Every one of your posts reminds me how much I loved realism overhaul and makes me want to download everything again. :D 

Yeeee, so go for it! I love it so much too (even more with RP-1), and when bored, I just nicely go back to stock (modded too) to relax, and do some crazy kerbal stuff. :sticktongue:

Edited by kurgut

Finishing up flight testing today on a new VTOL adversary! 

Hoping to have a video and craft file posted to KerbalX later this evening, or possibly tomorrow morning.

Edited by XLjedi

Ladies and gentlemen,  today I welcome you to a new era of replica technology.

3347ZdS.jpg

My full stock A380 takes flight! 

It took a lot of work to get to this point, but seeing this behemoth take to the skies makes it all worth it.

Today I managed to finish the wings, they didn't quite turn out like I thought they would, but atleast they're done. 

tjxoFzm.jpg

The key feature on this replica is that the wings replicate the thickness and shape of the real A380's wings (And all other lifting surfaces), which essentially doubled my workload.

efZbMsy.jpg

jA8x8QB.jpg

This whale of a plane is nearly complete, I just need to add the cockpit, passenger cabins, and the proper engines.

At this point I'm not sure that I'll ever be able to top this, mainly because I've run out of large aircraft to build.

Edited by Kronus_Aerospace

I may have spoken too soon on my booster guidance script. Most launches I'll get both boosters right on the pads with error less than 10m. But every now and then one of the boosters lands way off the pad with an error as much as 63 meters. And there doesn't seem to be any obvious cause. It's completely unpredictable. I feel like I'm running into--

malcolm.jpg

Darn you Malcom!

11 minutes ago, EpicSpaceTroll139 said:

Darn you Malcom!

Thanks, I was just going to watch the movie in English for the first time to become better at understanding the language outside YouTube videos and school (both of which have a too perfect audio quality).

Now I have a phrase that my subconscious will look for throughout it.

23 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I did a bunch of modding for the Buffalo's last major parts release, and then made a neat little tilt-fan:MJYuH0J.png

maxresdefault.jpg

"You've read the classified briefings about Orca and here she is."

Edited by Fearless Son

2 hours ago, Kronus_Aerospace said:

Ladies and gentlemen,  today I welcome you to a new era of replica technology.

My full stock A380 takes flight! 

<snip>

This has got to be the best stock A380 replica I've ever seen. I can't wait to see the engines you come up with for the thing.

By the way, are those normal Goliaths moving that thing through the air? And how fast?

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139

1 hour ago, EpicSpaceTroll139 said:

This has got to be the best stock A380 replica I've ever seen. I can't wait to see the engines you come up with for the thing.

Thanks a lot man! It was your A380 that actually inspired me to make this one.

I actually already put the engines up on kerbalX. Heres the link if you want to check them out. https://kerbalx.com/Kronus_Aerospace/GP7000

giphy.gif

24 minutes ago, Kronus_Aerospace said:

Thanks a lot man! It was your A380 that actually inspired me to make this one.

I actually already put the engines up on kerbalX. Heres the link if you want to check them out. https://kerbalx.com/Kronus_Aerospace/GP7000

<snip for length>

Oh wow! That means a lot!  To inspire others to build their own craft even better is exactly why I post things. :D 

I always did kind of dislike the nose on my own A-380, what with the sort of tumor on the nose from the shuttle cockpit. Somehow it never occurred to me to make a custom cockpit with fairings and solar panels.  And you've got scale wing thickness too!  Love your work!

Definitely gonna check out that GP7000! :) 

Edit: Ah yes! I remember seeing that in my KerbalX notifications. I love that an engine can be larger than some of my smaller planes.

Edited by EpicSpaceTroll139

On 8/1/2018 at 7:24 AM, kurgut said:

Meanwhile, 300km above Earth water, two Gemini spacecrafts flying together

VBX6ayg.png

First Earth rendez-vous contract completed, launched with Titan LV.

Neil Amstrong's pics from command pod:

rO3EyrF.png

DkL84hG.png

Just as the real pic :):

lbGwugM.jpg

Where's beat army? :)

12 minutes ago, kurgut said:

What do you mean? sorry don't understand :)

Gemini VI, a US Navy crew, had this little zinger to flash their Army counterparts:

gemini6_beatarmy01.jpg

@Kronus_Aerospace so what’s your part count on that beast? How many seconds per frame, or are we into minute slideshow territory, here? ;)

1 hour ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

@Kronus_Aerospace so what’s your part count on that beast? How many seconds per frame, or are we into minute slideshow territory, here? ;)

Not sure on how bad the frame rate will be as I have yet to fully assemble the craft.

However, adding everything up it seems like the final part count will be around 1800. The craft isn't finished yet, but I can't see it going any higher than that.

17 minutes ago, Kronus_Aerospace said:

Not sure on how bad the frame rate will be as I have yet to fully assemble the craft.

However, adding everything up it seems like the final part count will be around 1800. The craft isn't finished yet, but I can't see it going any higher than that. 

If you are aricraft enthousiast, and want to save part count, you might check B9 procedural wing (for instance, the wings will need I think about 50 parts max).

1 hour ago, kurgut said:

If you are aricraft enthousiast, and want to save part count, you might check B9 procedural wing (for instance, the wings will need I think about 50 parts max).

I like to build stock personally, though I can't deny that mods like that would be very useful.

7 minutes ago, Kronus_Aerospace said:

I like to build stock personally, though I can't deny that mods like that would be very useful.

Ye, I understand, making it all stock is great achievement :)