What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

50 minutes ago, Newtie said:

My first manned mission didn't go as smooth... The capsule made it home but poor Jeb died due to excessive G's during reentry. Mission control planned a much too steep reentry trajectory :(

Some nice, big rockets you have there... Where did you launch that crewed mission from? Is that Omelek?

Getting the right perigee for a return trajectory from the Moon is a real pain. No-one gets it right first time, except NASA... :D

Edited by UnusualAttitude

2 hours ago, Triop said:

The bridge is ready

Really like the "Silk Road" concept!

I wonder what Bon Voyage would make of the bridge, too?

You've also got me thinking about ferries for vehicles to drive onto.  (Bridge is more efficient, though.)

2 hours ago, Triop said:

Ow wow, It looks pretty impressive !

i7RfkB0.png

EDIT:

Crossing the bridge 35 m/s (125 Kph) took me 9 minutes 45 seconds ! :confused:

F2RltDG.png

Okay, I gotta know: This is part of Dakar 2019?

6 minutes ago, GDJ said:

Okay, I gotta know: This is part of Dakar 2019?

Nope, I was planning on doing Dakar 2017 in 2019 but flags from the old savegame kept disappearing in 1.6 . . . <_<

It's part of something much bigger, but I'm still not sure if I'll do it :

Edited by Triop

1 hour ago, Triop said:

Nope, I was planning on doing Dakar 2017 in 2019 but flags from the old savegame kept disappearing in 1.6 . . . <_<

It's part of something much bigger, but I'm still not sure if I'll do it :

Oh boy.

I've had a nice quick-transfer window for Niven, and decided to add a proper space station to the fleet of vessels sent.

Launching this monstrosity was rather problematic since even autostrut couldn't completely fix the wobbliness of 230 ton station + 2 transfer stages, but somehow I got it into low Gael orbit in one piece. And then...

de824d892hxstaxzg.jpg

ju4v53cdjt6pxtnzg.jpg

The first transfer stage ran out of fuel just 120 m/s shy of completing the burn (mostly because a noticeable portion of its fuel was spent on getting the whole assembly into a stable Gael orbit in the first place), so I had to switch to the second transfer stage, which was using a nuclear aerospike rather than a more traditional hydrolox engine.

jxcq5e5n2byx6a4zg.jpg

Either way, the station had successfully departed for Niven and is scheduled to arrive there in 74 days.