What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Brought a load of passengers and fuel up in my Cargo SSTO. This is the second fuel resupply run I have utilized this design for.

LZgnQRS.jpg

Bill, Bob, Valentina, and Dizon Kerman all await the first load of 4 passengers out of the 8 selected highest paying customers arriving alongside vital supplies for future moon trips.

HYefsuY.jpg

Had a mixed few days in KSP:

A new Eve remote rover arrived for a contract & to gather some additional science, possibly even locate a nice landing sight for a future crewed mission.

Eve entry went smoothly:

yxWaJe7.png?1

Landing went well right up until I jettisoned the parachute mount after landing.  The force of the decoupler was apparently enough to break all 4 wheels of my new stationary lander:

DwayAWE.png?1

Then I took a load of tourists & trainees to Minmus in a new large lander.  Sci-Fi Visual Enhancemnts newest update is quite striking on Minmus

Spoiler

nwdCvZN.png

Landing in the minty mist

8piXYWJ.png

Coming back home

vHaXDdy.png

For an ocean landing - unfortunately, it was too floaty & flopped over in the water, breaking off 2 of 4 grid fins. 

8xoe7Ex.png

I also conducted another mission with my Duna Flyer II, this time exploring the western canyon.  An untimely eclipse by Ike limited flight time for this mission

PU1jJ6S.png?1

But plenty of science was recovered anyway

QzUB9qP.png?1

Finally, my DSV-01 Alderaan arrived in Laythe orbit.  Mission elapsed time was only 1 year & 34 days from launch.  PCC-02 Babylon, my first crew heading to Jool was still 239 days out from entering Jool's SoI, and they launched a year & 60 days before the Alderaan.  Jeb is excited to have a faster ride home once he finally gets to Laythe.

Spoiler

m6l6bDW.png

1T38ch1.png

SofA0TL.png

I've posted twice in a day but heres a quick replica of a NF-104 

24UKK01.png

I was doing a normal F-104 when I found out this astronaut trainer existed so that was convenient!

33 minutes ago, Triop said:

I just found a new pyramid :o

5XUHx1t.png

qxpEnpr.png

Anybody seen this before ? New easter egg for 1.6 ?

Is it near the older pyramids? I also want to check it out!

9 minutes ago, Spacetraindriver said:

Is it near the older pyramids? I also want to check it out!

r1PVrZD.png

It might be part of KerbalKonstructs mod, but I'm not sure.

I'm in 1.6.1, so it could be something new in the game, but I doubt that.

But please check it out, let me know if there is something there.

I working on something slightly big. And this thing carry some slightly big bombs. Then I decided that it was not enough, and it should carry also some AGMs. So I built some AGMs.

The AGM itself works - but it have a small problem on friendly fire… :sticktongue:

1 hour ago, Triop said:

r1PVrZD.png

It might be part of KerbalKonstructs mod, but I'm not sure.

I'm in 1.6.1, so it could be something new in the game, but I doubt that.

But please check it out, let me know if there is something there.

Can i get any more directions..? My lang/long isnt showing up? (Sorry its been a while since ive played)

OK, so after Yesterday's crash Mission Control had a long think about how to salvage the situation, and came up with a Plan.

Firstly, we're going to launch another iteration of the (tried and trusted) Heavy Mun lander. This craft has worked before, and we're sufficiently confident in it working again, especially because we now have eyes on the landing site.

We're going to drop in with a couple of empty seats and an Engineer on board; we've even found an Engineer who will get enough XP to level up from the adventure. And we've managed to find space on it to fit all the parts required to get the Rover back into working order.

The mission profile is: Drop the Heavy Lander onto the Rover crash site. Repair the Rover to working order, and send one of the pilots (probably Heldred) in the Rover to pick up our rescue mission target, Beawell. Drive back to the lander, and then Urny (the pilot of the Heavy Lander), Beawell and Heldred will lift off, leaving Kelvis and Maduki to recommence the Science gathering mission they came here for. Or at least, that Maduki came here for, but Kelvis is fine with an extended stay on The Mun.

I've also figured out that I can probably re-use the final stage of the launch vehicle to build a third OUV from spares in orbit, with maybe a few minor things extra to be shipped up later. We'll see how that goes at a later stage; in the meanwhile the upper stage can be safely left to drift in an orbit just a bit above The 90th Kilometre Market.

Going to clear some more backlog...

It can be hard to get a good shot of LES jettison, since they have such a high TWR. As is my custom, it separates shortly after second-stage ignition.

hn0ZLGy.png

First unmanned lunar landing of the career:

dWngnwr.png

c7cdzu0.png

Pioneer 1 approaches Venus

Z0TKR63.png

This happened to Cheryl Taylor. Twice. Fortunately, the second time, she was close enough to orbit to finish circularizing on the service module.

SQIrFfO.png

For my second GEO constellation, I decided to send all four on the same rocket and do the whole "transfer bus at 3/4 day period" trick.

x7YXhSx.png

Another Pioneer probe swings by Mars

PXlpTZy.png

This rocket was known in development as "Titan 1", and later renamed to "Titan Fun".

kUmIBbN.png

Pioneer 3 on its kick stages, heading to Mercury.

5p6Apqa.png

Just now, I built this out of a few left-over parts:

nZUE3CB.png

But I didn't want to leave it there on the KSC R9 threshold...

Spoiler

So I taxied a Peg 3 over it.  The thrust reversers really came in handy to get lined up properly.  Then it got towed.  (Gonna be a pretty big fee for this!)

uu9aKWT.png

Found a spot to park it:

opX3ztI.png

If you build a gas station, the customers will come:

r0LxEw2.png

Edited by Hotel26

VpvNhEV.jpg

8 customers, Dizon, Valentina, Bill, and Bob aboard. The shuttle is the only unoccupied vehicle. It has a full delivery of fuel awaiting the commercial lander and it's transfer booster's return.

NKQcSuH.png

m0g1erb.jpg

Headed for Minmus with 7 paying customers and Bob Kerman to plant a flag. Time to see if there are any convenient contracts available.

Edited by MisterKerman

Today after a lot of unsuccessful attempts to rendez-vous(in which I killed Jeb) I decided to test the manned Duna lander return capsule:

AdLfAZe.jpg

Those landing legs are getting pretty hot!

Also I revised my Duna probe:

Before:

L0GGAj0.jpg

After:

6JLeKjJ.jpg

Edited by MiscelanousItem