What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

3 minutes ago, Atkara said:

The docking port is there as a control point. It has half the mass of an OKTO2 so, I picked that instead. After all, it's not as if like the Kerbal on the seat will ever do anything more complex than pro/retrograde hold.

I think if you'd used the Command Chair as the control point, it would be directed forward.  So you had to either put the Chair facing up or use another part like the docking port.

6 minutes ago, Hotel26 said:

Try it using the jump seat as control point.

It's facing forward.

6 minutes ago, Jacke said:

I think if you'd used the Command Chair as the control point, it would be directed forward.  So you had to either put the Chair facing up or use another part like the docking port.

Precisely. And I don't want to have the chair facing up :)

Edited by Atkara

Well… Got tired of programming on C#. So I gone to lose some time on forum, found this post and decided it would be fun to try something.

A simple, definitively not fancy and way slower than what I had seen on Youtube - but common, it's my first Rocket Car and I made this in 5 minutes. :D 

screenshot45.jpg

screenshot49.jpg

More on my site.

MOAR BOOSTERS edition! :)  Got 369m/s on this one.
screenshot56.jpg

Edited by Lisias
MOAR BOOSTERS!!

From within the facilities of Kerbostar Enterprises, a new craft emerges...

UtQcFQd.jpg

Building upon the lessons of the past, looking into the future...

V31Z9tV.jpg

Could this be the answer? Could this be "the one"? Only time will tell.

Spoiler

hp32cbR.jpg

But even if it's not, I like it :D

14 hours ago, AFF said:

UJLm4DN.jpg

What a nice idea, AFF!!

I thought this might make a very nice airport scooter for personnel to scramble to their aircraft...  I tried MP and then (my favorite) ions.

But this is what I came up with:

75HrMRW.png

It's self-propelled.  (Oh, that reminds me: I forgot to put some panels on this yet.)

So, of course, you mount the Scooter and switch on SAS and go Sfc Radial Out to stand to attention.  The weight is forward, so the RW has to resist gravity.  It accelerates gently.

Then if you go SAS Hold and let it droop forward (momentarily depress 'F'), it accelerates more, just like a Segway.

To turn a corner, you can, but you need to go Radial Out to straighten up afterward and then resume the forward lean.

Braking...?  Well, you lean it back to slow and even on the wheel guard to skitter to a stop.  To park it:

5Z5fyac.pngDfIiRN5.png

Just hold 'F', after motion is arrested, and let it keel to one side and then let SAS hold it there.  And dismount...

(Or, for those who prefer 'parallel parking', leave it parked up against a wall.  Nyuk nyuk nyuk...)

OK, I feel this is now a very 'green' solution.  'Greeny yellow'...  I dunno.  I'm gonna leave them all over KSC.  Nobody's.  When you need one, you grab the nearest one and vamos.  Leave it wherever you've finished with it.

CAUTION: for safety's sake, please always wear a helmet while riding this conveyance!

Edited by Hotel26

And here's top Instructor, Philrod Kerman, demonstrating how to 'parallel park' the new, AFF Scooter:

rtObnLr.png

The procedure is very simple.  Just remember to slow right down as you prepare to park your vehicle and "let the wall do the parking for you!"

Edited by Hotel26

57 minutes ago, Puggonaut said:

Forgive me Lord Manley

Unimaginable!  :) What can we say?

"I'm not a fig plucker, nor a fig plucker's son, but I'll pluck figs until the fig pluckers come"
"I'm not a fig plucker, nor a fig plucker's son, but I'll pluck figs until the fig pluckers come"

Edited by Hotel26

1 hour ago, Hotel26 said:

Unimaginable!  :) What can we say?

Nicking that lol .

After a half dozen attempts, finally managed to rendezvous with an asteroid... Class A but I managed to claw it...  line up with it's center of mass...  burn to return and... run out of fuel...  Bright side is I'm in Kerbin orbit and I have a tanker I used to fuel before I left in a matching inclination. On it's way to bring it home to Kerbin!

DhM1lrF.png

Not in KSP, but I did something in blender, related to KSP...

7bwG7ge.png

The VEGA Rocket is coming along nicely.... I suppose? I still have to model the AVUM+ stage and fairings, but most importantly, and the part that I dread, is that I have to texture them!!! Ugh...

It doesn't help that I have decided to make an Ariane 6 as well for my ESA mod..

[RSS/RO] 1964-08-31 - Launch of the Negi-1 rocket carrying the first satellite of the Hatsunia Aerospace Science and Development Agency

h1L6Mie.png

MLPlT8w.png

The satellite was called "HATSUNE" (High Altitude Test Satellite Utilizing New Experiments). It had a dry mass of 42 kg and carried instruments to detect micrometeorites and gravitational perturbations, along with telemetry equipment and a thermometer.

5Hz7N6l.png

Edited by Pipcard

I landed the Estonian on Duna, 4.8 kilometers from the wreck of the Das Wanderer:

A5x9hYa.png

mwPvQHT.png

XaI9GaW.png

Valentina steps off the ladder for all Kerbalkin...

LE5qYm7.png

Publicity shot...

BYlm2yG.png

Ok, show's over, time to get to work...

rTZeNvy.png

Edited by Angel-125

Continuing with my Jool-5 run. Jeb's crew made it to Pol, and he stayed in orbit while Tanwise and Bob headed down to the surface on the lander.

bvKYAt2.jpg

It was an uneventful landing although it did take about 5 minutes to find a spot flat enough where the lander would stop sliding. Here are Bob and Tanwise posing by the flag.

CzvgUHj.jpg

After the Pol landing party returned to orbit and docked, they had to wait nearly two weeks for a launch window to Bop. While they were waiting, Val realized there was enough fuel in the tug that was used to haul the Laythe and Tylo landers to make a trip to Bop. She attached the upper stage of the Tylo lander. Even without legs it should be fine in the microgravity of Bop. Reporter 'Scoop' Kerman had come along on the mission, so she decided to bring him along and they would crash the landing on Bop.

N9072Je.jpg

Even though Val arrived first, she decided to play fair and let Jeb's group have the honor of landing on Bop first. Here are the two ships rendezvousing in orbit.

WhIDBwv.jpg

Jeb and Bob went down first, found a flat spot, and planted the flag.

CIHTrTs.jpg

Val and Scoop followed one orbit later and touched down a few meters away. Here's the big publicity shot with the three kerbonauts and the one reporter posing on Bop.

NYikmQc.jpg

Now I just have to get everyone back to the mother ship around Laythe and then return the mother ship to Kerbin to finish the challenge.

Edited by Grogs

Not too much to report for the weekend's activities, though I did get some important things done (and good screenies...).

irst up was the successful landing of the Hellhound 7 rover - designated India-1 - launched from the Scan Queen outpost on Ike; the rover set down within 500 meters of an initial gravioli survey waypoint. 

00PZYrv.png
It wasn't nighttime on Ike; it's just so naturally dark there that it's easier (and more fun) to see/drive with night vision cameras turned on.

India-1 hit all four waypoints easily, successfully clearing the contract. Meanwhile, the print of the India-2 rover and skycrane commenced at Scan Queen; India-2 will be performing a nearly identical mission north of the base. The print should be completed in about another eight hours.

The Minnow 7b touring craft carrying tourist Donpond Kerman arrived successfully over Minmus, and the craft was able to get a very close rendezvous with space station Minmusport at its orbital insertion burn.

Jx8Mmnm.png
And by close, I meant close.

The Minnow docked with the station at approximately the same time that Necessary Evil, which had departed Kerbin for Minmus well before the Minnow, arrived in Minmus's SOI. Evil's rendezvous and docking with Minmusport happened last thing just this morning. Donpond along with tourist Wehrming Kerman and colonists Shannon, Stauki, Tansey and Kabert Kerman are scheduled to head down to the Deepwater Horizon outpost on the surface. Donpond and Wehrming will head back up and embark aboard Necessary Evil along with rescuee pilot Kardon Kerman, who's been aboard Minmusport for quite some time now awaiting a ride back to Kerbin. Both Evil and the Minnow will depart at that point; the Minnow is slated to haul tourists over to LSV House Harkonnen currently in a resupply orbit over Kerbin, which will then ferry the tourists on to Duna.

While Necessary Evil was en route to Minmusport, the Enchova Central base on Duna completed the print of an Ikeport Core 7 space station with booster; the craft was fueled and launched.

xDqb8Kk.png

No Johnson jokes, please...

The nascent space station - Dunaport - achieved a 75 kilometer equatorial orbit easily.

82yAEEL.png
Not the most efficient booster in the world; those side tanks were jettisoned with about a third of a tank of fuel left in them - I could've shot this thing all the way to Ike, I think.

The new space station doesn't have any Enriched Uranium aboard to power the SAFER reactors in order to keep its on-board mass driver reliably active; there's no Uraninite (uranium ore) to be found at Enchova Central, but it's present at Scan Queen. I have an immediate goal to set up a "pipeline" between the two bases - Scan Queen doesn't have access to Minerals and therefore can't make Konkrete, which is needed to finish outfitting the base; Enchoval Central has Minerals in abundance. Dunaport is the fourth of seven pieces of that pipeline - I still have plans for an orbital shipyard over Duna and a sister station over Ike (which is now under construction at Enchova Central and will finish in just over eight days). A dedicated resource transfer craft is also planned.

Other than that, not much else is going on and I'm in a holding pattern on contracts. I have tourist contracts for Duna/Ike starting to pile up, with now 11 tourists wanting to come and visit. I need to print up a return-to-Kerbin module at Scan Queen, which is now second in the queue behind India-2; the hope there is that it can hitch a ride back to Kerbin aboard LSV House Atreides currently in Ike orbit and clear the latest exploration contract, which would then hopefully direct me to do some stuff over Eve. Really want to get Eve going before 1.7 drops. Seriously. I've never made it further than Eve in a career save...

21 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

I landed the Estonian on Duna, 4.8 kilometers from the wreck of the Das Wanderer:

A5x9hYa.png

mwPvQHT.png

XaI9GaW.png

Valentina steps off the ladder for all Kerbalkin...

LE5qYm7.png

Publicity shot...

BYlm2yG.png

Ok, show's over, time to get to work...

rTZeNvy.png

Really cool! What mod is that?

Had an interesting chat with Hotel26 earlier today about "exotic" landers. This got me into thinking and after some hours of tinkering, testing and tinkering some more:

coMrcPy.jpg

Spoiler

ZyiF5GN.jpg

P9dbQub.jpg

It's stable, right out of the box -no fuel juggling required, nothing.