What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Final Version , taken me well about 18 Hours and 7 versions to get it to fly , not really good for a stock game as you have to fly it on unlimited fuel , suppose I could build a 3 stage launcher for it though :lol:

G'hreeny MK1H
Original Craft by Szabolcs Kovács

Modified By me with different Flight Dynamics and Aesthetics ,Part Pruning , and Rebalancing .

Mods erm a bundle load

Edited by Puggonaut 2

RL did a right fair job of truncating my KSP playing day yesterday, but there were still some things that happened. The day began with the departure of a Minnow 7 touring craft from space station Minmusport; pilot Eridred Kerman made the burn to return to Kerbin about two minutes after undocking from the station, and should return to Kerbin in about 11 days. This should put the Minnow back about a full day later than Necessary Evil, which departed Minmus the day before. Shortly after the Minnow's departure, Minmusport's Liquid Fuel, Oxidizer and Monopropellant resupply needs were determined and the necessary amounts were shot to the station from the Deepwater Horizon outpost on the surface via mass driver. A little bit after that, I finally received word that a long-term Pathfinder colonization contract at DH was finally complete; as of this morning, my space program has just shy of √125M available to it, which is more money than I've ever seen in-game. I'm thinking I can safely set things up to where my contract rewards are shifting toward reputation; I'm pretty well off in the other two categories for the moment...

After doing a quick ore-drilling contract at the Piper Alpha outpost on Mun, I received word from the Scan Queen outpost on Ike - the build of the Nostromo 7 resource hauler was complete. The Nostromo's center tank was reconfigured for Liquid/Fuel and Oxidizer, and the craft was fueled and filled to capacity with Uraninite ore (which took a bit; the Nostromo had greater capacity than the outpost as it turned out).  Once all fueling was complete, the craft launched from Scan Queen's Rangeland pad.

ENWcG4n.png
Watch out for strange looking alien eggs, y'all...

The Nostromo achieved a very low orbit over Ike and then burned for Duna. As of this morning, a rendezvous between the Nostromo and space station Dunaport is set; once it arrives, a very small amount - no more than 600 units - of the available Uraninite ore will be shot down via the station's mass driver to the Enchova Central outpost on the surface. The plan is for uranium enrichment to take place at the outpost - should yield a little over 400 units unless I'm very much mistaken. That Enriched Uranium will then be shot back up to Dunaport, where it will be used in the station's SAFER reactors to keep the station's mass driver running indefinitely. At that point, I should be able to shoot down the remaining Uraninite load and I'll be ready to reconfigure the Nostromo for the return trip if all goes according to plan. Meanwhile, a Bill Clinton 7b grabber probe has been ordered up at Scan Queen; that probe will be heading back to Kerbin with LSV House Atreides currently in Ike orbit.

122 days until the Ray Charles 7 telescope reaches final position...

Now that Restock and Restock+ are out, I reworked my modlist a little. And then I launched a Vostok-like spacecraft to Kerbin orbit (at 3.2x scale, of course). Surprisingly, this is actually the first time I have used any of the Russian re-entry pods as a re-entry pod.

cbB3dOL.jpg

Remaining images are in the spoiler:

Spoiler

fqb1Uqi.jpg

eUR4KPB.jpg

QX8d9AV.jpg

wLwO0Qc.jpg

4bwTelK.jpg

YoeeYxs.jpg

53gwiJc.jpg

Ob32SK4.jpg

fx7V96k.jpg

uGEs4YM.jpg

Fsbc1Ja.jpg

NzWS2Sl.jpg

hwvK41k.jpg

53gwiJc.jpg

Aside from a procedural fairing (used to connect the spacecraft to the launch vehicle's upper stage) and a couple of barely-visible engine adapters, this vehicle only uses parts from Restock, Restock+, and Making History (in addition to stock parts). The restock parts look incredible; and not just the ones I used here.

Edited by septemberWaves

Today, I've had a probe dive into Sarnus's atmosphere:

l7lav1km82nbfs9zg.jpg

fp218rs8g5d6ppwzg.jpg

g5ic3bcc844xxvhzg.jpg

Due to pretty-low orbital velocity and a very shallow dive, the in-atmosphere flight didn't yield any pretty pictures. In fact, I haven't noticed any "reentry" effects at all... So, have another picture of Sarnus in its full glory instead:

8045nbs48ka8qd1zg.jpg

1 hour ago, NHunter said:

Today, I've had a probe dive into Sarnus's atmosphere

Oh hey, I did that a little while ago. Only instead of a probe it was a fusion powered racing ship I was done testing and couldn't be bothered to bring home. Likewise didn't get any impressive entry effects, I probably should've just skipped the insertion burn, as you can see from the manoeuvre node it would've made quite a difference. I didn't bother going for a full brachistochrone flip 'n' burn trajectory, burn time would've been awful even at 3-6G, so I just got it fast enough the orbit became a line and coasted until SoI. Oh, uh... it was on remote control. No kerbals. I'm pretty sure anyway.

wJv64ev.jpg

8ypNaT0.png

x8Gn6DB.jpg

IQWDXhl.jpg

3Hun9ak.jpg

9 hours ago, Hotel26 said:

Collaboration is the best!

This, from Atkara, is very, very cool.

It always is :)

Did some extra work on it today (just a hover engine swap really) and gained 140+m/s in the process. Kept both craft up though, in case anyone liked the extra kick more.

I woke up this morning, and as usual in the past few days, I checked the ReStock WIP thread to see if.... today... was our.... lucky day!?! (It was indeed!)

Somewhat shameless plug / promotion / extra hype for ReStock from @Nertea & a whole team of folks who brought this awesome mod to fruition. (Note: I'm not affiliated, just a super-fan)

If you've never heard of it and enjoy finely-crafted, lovingly-detailed, and downright-awesome parts for KSP... you need to stop what you're doing and check it out.

No screenshots since I forgot to plan ahead, but I've been working on several KoS scripts.

The first one was a simple launch script, which I'm happy to say is working after many hours of tinkering.

My second script was a bit more complicated, as it involved taking the ship from Kerbin Orbit to Munar orbit.  With a bit of reading, I finally figured out how to create a manuever node, and "push" it around my orbit until I get an encounter, then refining the encounter periapsis, warping to periapsis, and lowering apoapsis to make an orbit.  This one took me much longer to get correct!  (As an aside, I can't seem to remove the manuever node :S )

I finished up a script yesterday for Munar landing, which is functional but far from efficient.  But!  It's a soft landing with no parts damaged, so it's good enough for now!  It was a very prideful moment seeing my little Test Rocket landing softly and safely on the Munar surface :) (especially after watching it crash into the surface 6+ times before that!)

The last script I did was a simple one to get from Munar surface back to a Low Munar Orbit.  This one was very simple, and only took about 20 minutes to write and test.

My ultimate goal is to also have scripts for returning from the Mun (a version with aerobraking passes, and a direct version), as well as scripts for Rendezvous and Docking.  I figure those last two will be very tricky... but should be very worthwhile!

Edited by Slam_Jones

The Kerbin Sorta-Circumnavigation continued with leg 15 (ouch... not even close to making it to the southern hemisphere yet).

There was the evening flight of a Juice Goose tanker, from their new temporary home at the Dessert Airfield.

ycI1mOV.jpg

Leading to a nighttime rendezvous with the Coastal Cruiser.

c11sVhe.jpg

Then some sunny sailing down the desert coast.

EdYsE7v.jpg

Before finally making it to the far side of the desert and the greenery that lies there.

TtFLsWX.jpg

Edited by purpleivan

39 minutes ago, Castille7 said:

Don't forget the snacks! :D

I promised Jeb I'd buy him a Hot Dog when he get's back.

He better hurry though, they might be sold out by the time he gets back. ^_^

fQKvghN.png

48 minutes into the mission:

KQoy0sf.png

Since downloading the new ReStock mod, I've been working with a stock install (plus some quality of life / functional mods) and completed a Moonshot!

Everybody loves a good 'ole fashioned Apollo-style mission, so that's what we've got here. This was a lot of fun to build and the parts look amazing.

zQGmH8L.jpg

ReHYaMC.jpg

Here's the full mission album:

Spoiler

aNXNr4f.png

NT68t4A.png

chnCi7Z.jpg

MQDdTmw.jpg

ReHYaMC.jpg

U8Kzawm.jpg

s1XPRmR.jpg

9FOtkvo.jpg

dWV50wH.jpg

gX0O3To.jpg

AUzJua4.jpg

vE0lz6k.jpg

3yrGnDy.jpg

j41XufI.jpg

d3GpWUh.jpg

cxqR9Ox.jpg

OgPGWAb.jpg

mU29ivR.jpg

D9UHINy.jpg

6h46X4h.jpg

QPdUE7K.jpg

dCe8K7K.jpg

NMX7bAe.jpg

MDlRux8.jpg

Did I mention... I'm a super-fan of this mod? :D (and not affiliated with the developers)

Edited by scottadges

Waited a bit to post today - wanted to get at least one screenshot for y'all. Why not.

Yesterday began with the docking of the Nostromo 7 resource hauler at space station Dunaport; the Nostromo arrived with a consist of 11,200 units of Uraninite ore destined for the Enchova Central outpost on the Dunan surface. Owing to low available delta-V (one of the prerequisite requirements of Pathfinder's Pipeline mass drivers), a mere 140 units of Uraninite were shot down to Enchova Central, where uranium enrichment commenced. Once Enchova Central had produced fifty units of Enriched Uranium, they were shot back up to Dunaport and used to power the station's four SAFER nuclear reactors, allowing the station to keep its mass driver activated on a permanent basis. A refueling operation at Dunaport subsequently took place, with the required resources again shot up to the station from Enchova Central. More enriched uranium will be sent up to the station as it becomes available (to finish fueling the reactors - total capacity is 400 units), and in the meantime I can begin sending down more Uraninite ore as time and resources allow. With a lander docked at Dunaport, this puts me in a position where I can conduct ground excursions onto the Dunan surface whenever they become necessary - such as when the boatload of tourists I've got headed that way finally arrive...

The Scan Queen outpost at Ike finished its print of a Bill Clinton 7b grabber probe, which launched into a 77x10 low equatorial orbit over Ike and then maneuvered to rendezvous with LSV House Atreides in higher orbit. Maneuvers for grabbing were tricky; it was difficult to find a spot to park the probe where the whole thing would be encapsulated by Atreides's warp bubble. After four attempts, a suitable location for the probe was attained, at which point Atreides fired up her Alcubierre Drive and warped back to Kerbin, ultimately attaining a 650 kilometer equatorial orbit. The Clinton let go after orbit was achieved and proceeded to burn down to entry, splashing down safely. In the process, the Clinton accomplished my latest exploration mission - which was to "return" a craft that had landed on Ike to the surface of Kerbin. The next exploration contract will see me achieve orbit over Eve and conduct a spacewalk. Plans are now in the works to setup a TBD base on Gilly, and as soon as I get the crew assembled and trained to do that, Atreides will likely be heading to Eve. Meanwhile, Scan Queen began printing a Dystopia Planitia 7 orbital drydock, which will become the fourth and final planned space station in the Duna/Ike SOI upon completion. Printing is expected to take ten days.

Speaking of getting a crew assembled and ready to go, two new kerbals were hired this morning - pilot Edsy Kerman and engineer Gilford Kerman; no scientists were available, otherwise I'd've picked some up as well. These two along with tourists Sigmund, Gilzer, Kimburry, Jedmore, Kenrod, Hellin, Hanson, Geofsted, and Henfal Kerman along with colonists Pado, Camdun, Matmon, Supont, Merul, Dudke, Johnler, Wehrrey and Sigfrod Kerman - 20 kerbals in total - were all loaded aboard an Auk XIV 36-passenger spaceplane (the biggest spaceplane in my inventory) earlier this morning, which took off for a rendezvous with space station Kerbinport.

pQCi237.png
I don't get the XIV out of the barn very often - always worth a screenshot when I do.

The Auk affected a successful orbit, rendezvous and docking at Kerbinport.

YXHRDMg.png
Kerbinport is pretty busy right now. And at close to 350 parts at the moment, it's getting pretty laggy. Auk XIV is in the foreground; an Auk II is in the background, with Strange Cargo (right) and Next Objective in the docks.

The plan is for my new crewmembers along with Sigmund, Gilzer, Kimburry, Jedmore and Hanson to load up aboard Strange Cargo and visit Mun, while my nine colonists head to their final destination at Minmus aboard Next Objective; the Deepwater Horizon outpost out there is pretty full of colonists these days. Strange Cargo will swap out some folks once it gets back and then she too will be headed to Minmus, where among other things scientist Rodemone Kerman will be picked up from space station Minmusport - he's manned the outpost by himself for long enough at this point. Once the two ferries are away, I'll go ahead and land the XIV; most of the tourists I've got are heading on to Duna and Ike (a few are even Eve-bound), so it'll be a while before they need a lift back to the surface.

Tourists are going keep me busy next few days, plus I'd like to install some SAFER reactors at Enchova Central. Despite having three fusion reactors there, the outpost is still having power issues, and it'd be nice to have a steady, reliable power supply going there so I can keep its mass driver active at all times. I need to finish unloading the Nostromo so it can be reconfigured for the return trip to Ike; finishing construction at Scan Queen is still high on my agenda, but I'll need a supply of Minerals before that can happen.

Still got the Minnow and Necessary Evil heading back from Minmus, and it's still about 120 days before the Ray Charles 7 telescope reaches its final position...

1 hour ago, scottadges said:

Since downloading the new ReStock mod, I've been working with a stock install (plus some quality of life / functional mods) and completed a Moonshot!

Everybody loves a good 'ole fashioned Apollo-style mission, so that's what we've got here. This was a lot of fun to build and the parts look amazing.

zQGmH8L.jpg

ReHYaMC.jpg

Here's the full mission album:

Reveal hidden contents

aNXNr4f.png

NT68t4A.png

chnCi7Z.jpg

MQDdTmw.jpg

ReHYaMC.jpg

U8Kzawm.jpg

s1XPRmR.jpg

9FOtkvo.jpg

dWV50wH.jpg

gX0O3To.jpg

AUzJua4.jpg

vE0lz6k.jpg

3yrGnDy.jpg

j41XufI.jpg

d3GpWUh.jpg

cxqR9Ox.jpg

OgPGWAb.jpg

mU29ivR.jpg

D9UHINy.jpg

6h46X4h.jpg

QPdUE7K.jpg

dCe8K7K.jpg

NMX7bAe.jpg

MDlRux8.jpg

Did I mention... I'm a super-fan of this mod? :D (and not affiliated with the developers)

Did you use real plume or dose it come with restock?