What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

As our first space station Salyuk starts being a bit small and crampy (well the soyuk vessel is bigger than the station so..:P)

OTiHE77.png

KS-committee ordered a new one! Some pics provided by the KerbzPapers of the 2 first modules:

First module, Zaryaak:

L4n2vBh.png

Second, Zvedaak:

ohgNBfq.png

Zvezdaak looking at Zaryaak after rendez-vous:

cM4A4ph.png

Docking and dock-..

gVmeg6O.png

..-ed !

NtdUStt.png

:)

I'm launching an exploration to Eve

o4VvzSC.png

The trip is quite long, one and half a year, but finally, the final stage has reached Eve orbit

zklbKNz.png

Braking thrusters are applied from final stage (good thing I put those thrusters, my intuition was correct, the lander's final landing trajectory was on water before it's corrected to on land by firing the thrusters), and parachutes are deployed. What a nice touchdown

UgySssK.png

Deploying solar panels and converting the lander as an outpost. Opening the door...

15m9MQL.png

And rolling out a rover :)

Jmosheg.png

Screenie-less day for y'all, I'm afraid.

As reported yesterday, after returning from the Munar surface with pilot Edsy Kerman and engineer Gilford Kerman, the Spamcan 7a lander docked at space station Munport was refueled, and tourists Gilbur, Kimburry and Jedmore Kerman were loaded aboard. The Spamcan then departed Munport and successfully landed in the Northwest Crater. After Munport came back into the proper position in its orbit for a rendezvous, the Spamcan took off once again, rendezvousing and docking with the station. Once all kerbals had transferred aboard, Strange Cargo (also docked at the station) was refueled and then departed, burning to return to Kerbin. Strange Cargo would return to space station Kerbinport late in the day, affecting a safe rendezvous and docking. Once the ship had been refueled, Strange Cargo took on a set of new passengers bound for Minmus, with Edsy and Gilford remaining aboard. The ship then departed once Kerbinport once again and burned for Minmus; she's scheduled to arrive in 31 hours.

That was pretty much the big sequence of events for yesterday but a few more things occurred. The Piper Alpha outpost on Mun shot up fresh supplies to Munport via their respective Pipeline mass drivers. The team at the Scan Queen outpost on Ike printed up three more boxed structures for later deployment and continued manufacturing Konkrete; first priorities for new structure deployments are the main Castillo dome and the base's mass driver unit. Finally, the team at the Enchova Central outpost on Duna reported that they'd completed the construction of a new Ikeport Core 7 space station with booster. Once the new station was fueled, it launched from Enchova Central successfully into a 75-kilometer equatorial orbit. From there the new station conducted a set of transfer burns to Ike, eventually establishing itself as space station Ikeport in 25 kilometer, 0.03-degree inclined orbit over Ike. Ikeport's establishment completes the set of intended space station's over Duna's moon, and is the third of four space station's planned for the Duna/Ike SOI. The fourth and final station currently under construction at Scan Queen, an orbital shipyard for Duna, will be complete in another two day's time.

RL has prevented me from playing much today, though I did take the time to hire engineers Lucas and Ardon Kerman. After training, these two are slated to become the station engineers aboard the Duna/Ike shipyards. I'll be sending them up to Kerbinport via spaceplane after I retrieve six tourists from the station later today (also via spaceplane, in this case an Auk II 8-passenger plane that has been docked there for quite some time). Getting those six tourists down will clear four contracts; I'm anxious to see what kind of replacement contracts come up (it'll definitely have a bearing on what type of plane I use to bring Lucas and Ardon up). I also took the time this morning to replace the solar panels on the Auk XIV 36-passenger spaceplane with a set of 4 PB-NUK RTGs; this in light of the crash of one of these planes a few days ago. Should make the design more reliable should I ever have to bring a lot of folks home all at once.

Later today, in addition to the spaceplane landing, I'll be sending up the Nostromo 7 resource lander from Scan Queen to Ikeport. It's likely that the current load of Minerals at Scan Queen needed for Konkrete production will suffice for establishing the Castillo and Pipeline but not much else, and so additional loads of Minerals will be required. With Ikeport established, though, the supplies needed for transport can be shot directly there; the Nostromo need never land at Scan Queen again, which means I could reconfigure the craft's center tank for additional supply transfers if I so chose (right now it's configured for extra fuel, which was needed for launches and landings on Ike). Improves its versatility. Won't know too much more about what's going on today until I see the new contracts...

The Kerbal Committee oredered to send the first crew up there, to the new station:

jB5lTId.png

Bob doing some important and needed S.Y.P.A.L. activites on EVA ( Save-Your-Partcount-And-Lag):

fbFjPba.png

few days later, 2 more modules, in one packet!

VGArO8E.png

Bob has to work by night to assemble the new stuff, not easy..

t8ahhtg.png

And last module until now, the LAB! finally can do some science.

pAT21gt.png

After assembly (I love how it looks by night :) )

MjnL0DM.png

Today I spotted a conjunction of the Mun and Minmus. (Minmus is the small pixel below and to the right of the Mun.) You may need to zoom in if you are using a mobile device. I've also got an epic installment for my Mun polar circumnavigation that will be released soon. Stay tuned. ;)

yxV3IuK.png

4 hours ago, Geonovast said:

@aagun123, buddy, you gotta find something else for hosting your pictures.

thanks for reminding

actually i don't know why google pics are displayed normally on my pc and cellphone but could not be shown on my laptop and other devices

tried to fix the problem,and now pics are displayed on my laptop 

This is Long March...

oky9oIM.png

Mass: 2,730 kg; acc: 0.73 m/s; dV: 9.6 km/s

I started with 2x Gigantor solar panels weighing 600 kg, which would just be dead weight in Eeloo's orbit, far from Kerbol.  So instead, the 12x RTG here weigh 960 kg but will drive the Dawn continuously at 100%.

I'm toying with the idea of putting an RA-100 around every planet.  (After 4 years, I've still never been to Dres or Eeloo.)

Parts list: RA-100, Z-200 battery, Okto, PB-X750 xenon tank, Dawn engine, 12x PB-NUK RTG

Gōng hé...     工業合作社

Edited by Hotel26

RL shortened my gaming day fairly effectively yesterday, but I was able to get a few things accomplished. The day began with the launch of the Nostromo 7 resource hauler/lander from the Scan Queen outpost on Ike, where it had delivered a load of Minerals a few days ago. Nostromo affected a successful rendezvous and docking at the newly-commissioned space station Ikeport.

IiLmsrA.png
Next time I need to tell the director to use some key and fill light as well. Can't see crap with all this backlighting...

Meanwhile, Konkrete production at Scan Queen continued, with sufficient amounts generated to deploy the outpost's Castillo dome, Pipeline mass driver and a communications relay tower. To keep the mass driver running continuously, outpost pilot Janpont Kerman and outpost scientist Elidun Kerman printed up a set of four SAFER reactors. Once complete, outpost engineer Thombles Kerman installed them with Janpont's kind assistance (the things are too heavy for one kerbal to move on their own, even unloaded). Fueling the reactors was tricky; it was necessary to turn on one of the outpost's fusion reactors to get the Pipeline online, at which point Ikeport shot down some of its stores of Enriched Uranium for the job. It did the trick, the fusion generator was shut down to save Fuel Pellets (which require Minerals to manufacture - I'm saving what I've got for Konkrete at the moment) and supplies of Liquid Fuel, Oxidizer and Ore were shot up to Ikeport. Transfer of uraninite ore for transport to the Enchova Central outpost on Duna has commenced; as of this post, 2000 units have been sent up so far, with another 9200 to go. I'm still shuffling enriched uranium between Scan Queen and Ikeport as well, trying to get Scan Queen's SAFERs filled up; that hasn't occurred just yet. Would've continued doing this, but Next Objective has just arrived at Minmus, so my focus will need to be there in my next game session.

With six tourists having completed their respective itineraries and ready to return to the surface of Kerbin, I went ahead and loaded them aboard a waiting Auk II 8-passenger spaceplane docked at space station Kerbinport, which then departed. Re-entry occurred and the plane landed without issue at KSC 09, clearing four contracts in the process. I was offered three new contracts in their place, two of which I accepted and one of which was yet another 2-tourist mission. I needed to send up a pair of engineers I hired the day before to Kerbinport anyway, so I loaded all four of these kerbals aboard an Auk IX 4-passenger spaceplane.

iN7BUQJ.png
Pre-flight complete and four good starts. 

The Auk successfully achieved orbit over Kerbin and affected a successful rendezvous and docking at Kerbinport. All available craft in Kerbin's SOI are deployed at the moment, so it'll be a while before I can send these guys on.

Still not a whole lot going on other than the waiting game otherwise. 114 days until the Ray Charles 7 telescope reaches final position.

Made a modified Kerbal X. It was the first rocket I ever got into orbit, and it was in dire need of some upgrades. I've only done weight savings, changed a few parts and changed out all of the engines. I haven't changed the fuel tanks, and got an increase in d/v of just over 700 m/s!

X8mxoVN.jpg

I put the Munar Transfer Station in orbit around the Mun. Its job will be to handle traffic to and from my future Mun base.

LoBea3O.png

I just need to send the crew....a full mission report is available here if you're interested.

Who am I kidding...that was another shameless plug for my mission report thread :rolleyes:

After far too long playing with scripts, actually did a full KOS mission.  Bob went to the Mun  without using nodes and without touching any controls except time warping a couple of times when I'd programmed in pauses to do science experiments, once when a warp didn't trigger, and manually staging when the drop tanks failed to stage.  Fixed the warping issue but not sure about the droptanks one, that's going to need further experimentation.

Landing site wasn't surveyed very well though!

BKh27gm.png

Long term plan is to build in a navigation algorithm that will work it's way down hill if the slopes too steep, but once I've got the science to get some ScanSats probes up I might be able to find flat spots to land on anyway.

Very happy with the Trans-Kerbin-Insertion burn.  I meant to have a go at comparing it to a node to see how good it was, but forgot, one to try on a later mission.  It got Bob to a 40km Kerbin Periapsis with loads of fuel left though so I reckon it worked pretty well.

IlWZjg6.png

Nice supply of science to play with now, hopefully enough for some ScanSat and RemoteTech satellites.

SomQBd2.png?1

19 minutes ago, RizzoTheRat said:

After far too long playing with scripts, actually did a full KOS mission.  Bob went to the Mun  without using nodes and without touching any controls except time warping a couple of times when I'd programmed in pauses to do science experiments, once when a warp didn't trigger, and manually staging when the drop tanks failed to stage.  Fixed the warping issue but not sure about the droptanks one, that's going to need further experimentation.

Really amazing! You're delving into a whole aspect of the game I've never touched and it's great to read about it. Honestly didn't even know that level of automation was possible  :) 

7 minutes ago, Tyko said:

Really amazing! You're delving into a whole aspect of the game I've never touched and it's great to read about it. Honestly didn't even know that level of automation was possible  :) 

I'ts a great mod, I'm finding it fascinating actually having to work out stuff.  It also makes you realise just how complex mods like MechJeb must be, let alone the modelling within KSP.

For example in a normal game the "Trans Kerbin Insertion burn" to get back from the Mun would involve sticking a node on the Mun orbit and playing with it until getting the lowest dV return path.  With KOS you need to work out what velocity you need at Apoapsis of the Kerbin orbit to get an aerocapture periapsis, work out how fast you need to go to exit the Mun's SOI with that velocity, and then work out the angle to burn at to exit the SOI parallel to the Mun's orbit.

OhioBob's Orbital Mechanics website is an invaluable resource http://www.braeunig.us/space/index.htm