What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Jeb and the B's were gone to Duna, so Val had a little bit of fun in her new DoubleDoughnut ("Doughnut," not "donut," mind you) hopper.

FDHo84d.png

nymgAyW.png

4ajuZ26.png

For some reason, the folks at the control tower kept complaining about the air quality.

SRetiD3.png

Val decided to park the craft precisely where it would annoy Gene the most.

YhhTs8j.png

Val surveyed her domain and formulated a plan to conquer the KSC with a fleet of DoubleDoughnuts manned by kerbs fed up with Jeb.

mf5Ife4.png

I have installed @Paul Kingtiger's excellent mod

So without further ado what I've been doing over the last few days :

So the EOS family has had quite a few new members:

EOS-4,EOS-3's sister the first probe to reach high space and to be recovered:

MHaKg6I.jpg

Loving the new galaxy cube map BTW

Then EOS-5 that reached Minmus with two experiments but failed to retransmit one home:

Xp8UMAn.jpg
EOS-6 managed to retransmit one batch of experiments but to a mission controller having eaten an obsolete Kopernicus at the cafeteria the solar panels didn't work, so EOS-7 packed a back up fuel cell and it managed to retransmit all the experiments right on schedule:

SzNPEoG.jpg

With that science we made this:

erS8uNO.jpg

The first maned orbiter!

With supplies for 9 days in orbit it will not allow for long duration missions this is why MannedOrbitalSyStem-2(MOSS-2)"Kea" is being developed:

7jnnq5s.jpg

Development of Kea is not finished as I'm am waiting for some parts to be unlocked

1 hour ago, obney kerman said:

Today I booted up 1.7 for the first time, and realized that the old 2.5m fuel tanks and cockpit are gone forever from the game. RIP.

Check your KSP/GameData/Squad/zDeprecated folder. Some of those should be there and you should be able to copy them back into the operational Parts directories.

If they aren't there, I'd surely like to know - I've got active ships in my career save that are still using freakin' Rockomax Decouplers. If I have to retire my entire fleet, it'd be nice to know about it. If it turns out I'd also have to get rid of almost every operational space station I've got, it'd be a strong reason for me to stick with 1.6... 

I, uh, sacrificed Valentina for cash.

So, I have a fairly new modded career game with Kerbalism installed. First time playing in a WHILE, by the way.

Oh... and I have quicksaves and reverts disabled.

I have two contracts active, one to stay in orbit for 30 days and one to escape Kerbin (to be more specific, flyby Sonnah, since I'm playing with New Horizons, which, yes, still works with LinuxGuruGamer's changes in 1.6.1).

I THINK this thing has enough Oxygen to last 30 days... I did basically a ground test of it and it said I had plenty of Oxygen, despite the VAB planner thing saying I had 4 days.  For some reason, the idea that it might be considering Kerbin's atmosphere never seemed to cross my mind... and I launched the mission.

I timewarped about 4 days until I was so rudely interrupted by a low oxygen warning. Now, of course... I COULD deorbit, but... uh... you see... I kinda spent too much developing this launcher. I mean, you can't just install all these mods and *not* try all the parts! I didn't add up the delta V stuff either, so the first couple of tries didn't actually make orbit... sure, could've stuck with the first design I used to reach orbit, but why not make it better?

So... if I had Val land safely, it was all over for the space program. I couldn't complete any contracts, I couldn't even do much science... however, there was ONE bonus to my bad planning... I had *some* extra dV.

So, I just... uh... kinda hit Z. Val became the first Kerbal to escape Kerbin's SOI, satisfying the other contract and saving the program... and sealing her fate.

Without tracking station upgrades, I couldn't tell how long to burn, and I actually burn way more than I needed too... maybe if I knew I could have fuel left and head back. Oh well. Too late now...

12 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Thanks for the link, I had forgotten about that one... definitely posting this there now!

Edited by ThatGuyWithALongUsername

Been a little while since I loaded some screenies. Mainly upgrading some local infrastructure while I wait for Eve stage 2 to arrive.

gaumC75.png

Spoiler

This is the new mining getup. Big fat minmus crawler I call Chunkybunch and the tanker it's designed around. Not that I need 2x the fuel, it just means .5x the round trips. 
dWGMnRQ.png

Here's the tanker aerobraking back to LKO. Pretty solid under 35km.
P3fvrhV.png

The Baudelaire arrived at Moho. Just about flew by the sucker.
eFRgdw3.png

Just a short sunbathing stay.
qcDoWkG.png

I moved my old Minmus miner over to the Mun..
pe8RAAs.png

To settle into retirement making Winterfell Base 100% self sufficient. 
EoBRCpA.png

Also decided it was time to upgrade Mark Strand Station above Kerbin.
ogmmjrB.png

Nice and easy...
VXJYhul.png

That's more like it. 
hGHrA8h.png