What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Uh… I need to confess. I should be working on TweakScale by now, but I… "decided"… it needs MOAR TESTS :P and reconstructed some crafts I lousily deleted by mistake last week. :D 

Since I'm still testing it, there's no full report on it as I used to do. Yet. :)

But this is what I have for now:

2019-0314_Teaser.jpg

(Giz… I need a proper banner and flag for L/Aerospace…)

1 minute ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

No no no, because my display is so large, it kills my frames. 

Ohhh.... Makes sense. 

3 minutes ago, Delay said:

Last time I tried that Unity set the resolution back to 1680 x 1050 on every loading screen.

#blameunity continues. That's kinda weird though

Had a little bit of spare time among all my studying, so I decided to fiddle with a new stock bearing design (well, new for me. Probably done before).  Made one rotor with it, and it was working great.  So I decided to test a tandem rotor system, hoping to put it on a new heavy-lift helicopter.  Apparently having two of the rotors broke physics.

The "aft" rotor shifted sideways out of the bearings after being uncoupled, then exploded. 

WQIHeLt.jpg

...and the pieces just started floating as if gravity wasn't there

JFB7qiG.jpg

Thought I might have left hack-grav on, but nope

vbzUUkz.jpg

In other news, having watched the successful landing of all 3 boosters on the latest Falcon Heavy launch, I feel motivated to work on my booster guidance scripts again.  Need to figure out what's causing the inconsistencies with booster landings, and work on center-core landing.  Hoping to then test it on bigger rockets... then figure out how to work with laggy throttles in RO.

I built an improved boat for the Kerbin Sorta Circumnavigation as a possible replacement of the one I'd been using to sail around the entire mainland coast on Kerbin.

It had various advantages over the original, with 4x battery capacity for the rover it carries, as well as a couple of mini jet planes for some aerial fun and game. It also had a minisub hidden inside.

It's main practical advantage was almost 3x fuel capacity, so in theory a more practical vehicle for my trip. However once I made the thing and moved it to where the original boat was moored, I realised that my fleet of tanker planes and de-orbit-able fuel stores were too small to supply the thing. I didn't fancy redesigning my whole resupply structure, plus having planes and a minisub to play with on the journey would have made the trip take even longer.

So it was consigned to a cheesy fever dream of one of the crew.

DIIuSi2.jpg

bemUfle.jpg

fjencXa.jpg

HrMSJgg.jpg