What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Look man.. I started playing 3 days ago and after figuring out basic rules for space travel I have been at it ever since. Non stop. Hahaha

Today I have done my orbital space walk, launched my first probes and for the first time got a moon bound trajectory. And I didnt even use the gravitational pull from orbit around Kerbin to do so. I am now gonna launch a probe and try to get it to orbit at 19mil. Meters. Gg

Edited by Vakarian

In my 3x career custom system (Minmus with a similar orbit to Dres, Mun where minmus was, Kerbin and science multipliers increased, but not enough to compensate for the loss of Minmus as a local science source) with KRnD installed, I finally unlocked all the tech nodes, and returned a butt-load of science that my mun-station, and started upgrading parts.

I'm not increasing Isps of any of the engines beyond 320 Isp (just 1 Isp upgrade to the Rapier, and some ISP upgrades to the flea and hammer SRBs,), mostly just across the board 10% dry mass reductions and 10% fuel flow increases.

My SSTOs now have had massive payload fraction increases as a result.

Launched the GPNC (General Purpose Nuclear Cruiser) Block 2 Chrysaor in ACV (Asteroid Capture Vehicle) configuration (a dual-Klaw module docked on the front) to capture an asteroid. The eventual plan is to repurpose it with extra fuel tanks, side habs, and a lander as a Dres cruiser

vD0PyYN.jpg

5 hours ago, Vakarian said:

Look man.. I started playing 3 days ago and after figuring out basic rules for space travel I have been at it ever since. Non stop. Hahaha

Today I have done my orbital space walk, launched my first probes and for the first time got a moon bound trajectory. And I didnt even use the gravitational pull from orbit around Kerbin to do so. I am now gonna launch a probe and try to get it to orbit at 19mil. Meters. Gg

You started three days ago? Welcome to KSP! :D 

1 hour ago, Fearless Son said:

Because I've been waiting for Squad to add a two-seater Mk1 inline cockpit for a while now.

Yeah, I don't think we will get it though.

I wish they would show more love to the airplane stuff in the game, waiting for propellors forever....

But luckily we have the mods. ^_^

Just now, Triop said:

Yeah, I don't think we will get it though.

I wish they would show more love to the airplane stuff in the game, waiting for propellors forever....

But luckily we have the mods. ^_^

An aircraft-focused DLC with engine management/fly-by-wire tools and extra plane/heli parts for those people who rarely leave Kerbin (by choice or not) would probably do well come to think of it.

22 minutes ago, Loskene said:

heli parts

Yes.

It should be in the game, it would help me so much with my survey contracts in career mode. &)

Edit: Also moveable joints should be in there.

Edited by Triop

5 minutes ago, Triop said:

Yes.

It should be in the game, it would help me so much with my survey contracts in career mode. &)

Edit: Also moveable joints should be in there.

Not even necessarily Kerbin-bound stuff.  I would love, for example, to send a flying explorer drone to Eve.  It lands, pops its heatshield and fairings, then gently unfolds its long, straight wings and spins up it's propeller.  It occasionally lands to take samples and let it's solar panels recharge the batteries that power it's electrical engine.

2 minutes ago, Fearless Son said:

Not even necessarily Kerbin-bound stuff.  I would love, for example, to send a flying explorer drone to Eve.  It lands, pops its heatshield and fairings, then gently unfolds its long, straight wings and spins up it's propeller.  It occasionally lands to take samples and let it's solar panels recharge the batteries that power it's electrical engine.

How about small rotors for mini quad drones, that you could deploy from your ship.

The possibilities are endless...

I finally did it...

After more failed attempts than I can count over the years, I finally got a design that was robust enough, and summoned up enough patience, willpower and restraint to drive in one go from KSC to the North Pole.

Spoiler

FEB849AD7825705A1D5A466E35F6BC5D1A91EC7C

F59F4358733B696BCC2BE62BAEA2D96EB554E1B5

I love the default Waypoint name it gave me. I had solar panels on this thing, but never needed to use them.

Also, I found that the camera is a bit buggy in a really cool way if the root part is DIRECTLY over the North Pole. Also, KerbNet seems to think it's the Southern Ice Shelf?